Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

News New Nintendo games on iOS and Android are officially go!

Nintendo has repeatedly said it has no interest whatsoever in quick-fix mobile gaming, even as the industry continues to boom, and developers like Sega rake in gargantuan bundles of cash. Until now, that is!

In partnership with DeNA Co. Ltd, Nintendo has fired out a press release confirming it’s getting involved in mobile gaming. Ooh baby.

Stubborn old Nintendo, which formerly dismissed mobile gaming as quick-fix nonsense, has finally seen the light, and ultimately that means we’ll soon see characters like Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Bowser, Toad, Kirby, Link, Zelda and Donkey Kong on iOS and Android.

And don’t worry if you fear terrible half-assed ports of existing Nintendo games; these Nintendo mobile apps will be built from the ground up.

The press release reads: “To ensure the quality of game experience that consumers expect from this alliance of Nintendo and DeNA, only new original games optimized for smart device functionality will be created, rather than porting games created specifically for the Wii U home console or the Nintendo 3DS portable system.”

No particular characters are mentioned, though we’re told “all Nintendo IP will be eligible for development and exploration by the alliance”.

http://www.mobot.net/nintendo-games-...363#more-78363

This woud be great if it works out how I would like it too.

4 Thanks given to BertRoot

elephantsoup (19th March 2015),  Ganty (19th March 2015),  jimbo77 (19th March 2015),  WRATH OF BOD (19th March 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New Nintendo games on iOS and Android are officially go!

I read earlier that not all devices will support NX.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really wish there was more emphasis on the concept of a supplementary games to a main console game, a game you could play on the bus and then upload the attributes to the main console when you come back to it. They touched on this with the Pocketstation, VMU, GBA and so on, but due to there being a relatively small market owning both machines it never really took off. These days I'd imagine 99% of the target market has a console and a smart phone.
    I don't want shitty half assed ports of other games, the PSP is a living testament to that being a failure (even when they were excellent ports) and forget emulators now, its been done to death.

I fear the most we're going to see is existing game styles with icons replaced with Nintendo IPs.

Warioware please!
    Although I just dismissed emulators, you can finally play GBA Warioware twisted on the android emu with full motion control and its so great on my wifes 7" nexus. Viva la pixels!

Thanks
    Karma Level

The missus and the kids all have iPads, and the other week were all saying how they miss their ds lites.
    My missus was considering buying a ds second hand so now she can bloody wait
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw