Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Zelda Wii U no longer planned for 2015

Additional time needed to incorporate new ideas.

Nintendo’s new The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U is no longer planned to launch this year, producer Eiji Aonuma said in a video message released today.

“I must apologize to all of you who were expecting the game by year’s end, but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority,” Aonuma said. “Instead, our priority is to make the ultimate and most complete Zelda game. I hope to use the added time to make a Zelda on Wii U that will reward you for your patience, so thank you for your continued support.”

The additional time will be used to explore new ideas that surfaced during development of the game.

“Since I declared at The Game Awards in December that the game would launch in December, the directors and many members of the development team have been working hard developing the game,” Aonuma said. “In these last three months, as the team has experience first-hand the freedom of exploration that hasn’t existed in any Zelda game to date, we have discovered severeal new possibilities for this game.”

Aonuma continued: “As we have worked to turn these possibilities into reality, new ideas have continued to spring forth, and it now feels like we have the potential to create something that exceeds my own expectations. As I have watched our development progress, I have come to think that rather than work with meeting a specific schedule as our main objective and releasing a game that reflects only what we can create within that scheduled time, I feel strongly that our focus should be to bring all these ideas to life in a way that will make Zelda on Wii U the best game it can possibly be.”
    Nintendo also confirmed that the game will not be shown at E3 in June.
    Watch the video message below.

Thanks to {{909}}

ancojo (29th March 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Zelda Wii U no longer planned for 2015

I do wonder how much life is left in the Wii U, we got one Christmas 2013 and its been used less than 10 times, the Xbox and PS just seem to dominate the decision on what games to play.

I do hope Nintendo try once more in the console market but instead of trying to be to different just go all out and produce a gaming console that can push M$ and $ony, dont bother about funky controllers, concentrate on a machine that offer the best gaming and multimedia which is POWERFUL!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ancojo View Post
    I do wonder how much life is left in the Wii U, we got one Christmas 2013 and its been used less than 10 times, the Xbox and PS just seem to dominate the decision on what games to play.

I do hope Nintendo try once more in the console market but instead of trying to be to different just go all out and produce a gaming console that can push M$ and $ony, dont bother about funky controllers, concentrate on a machine that offer the best gaming and multimedia which is POWERFUL!
    On the contrary, my Wii U is my console of choice. I simply don't feel like a PS4 or Xbox one purchase is justifiable with the current line up of games, but the Wii U's selection is remarkable. Anything I can't get on the Wii is normally on Steam anyway, so I can't lose.

Thanks to Ganty

SiE (30th March 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think I read somewhere that the WiiU is the worst selling console in Nintendo's history but with their ignorance to fix the issue after so long makes you wonder if they haven't already given up.

As for the news of the delay, I'd be more surprised if they'd announced water was wet

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a Wii U. Doesn't get used a whole lot but worth it for Mario Kart and SSB. Was really hoping to see a new Zelda this year but I suspect that there is an interim Zelda and the NEXT ninty console gets the full monty Zelda
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

My son got a wii u at Xmas and we have hardly used the xb1 since. The games are brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thank furck save me 50 quid at Christmas , I love Nintendo ,my kids love Nintendo . Just release the hack FFS .