Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Nokia Lumia 620 unlock

Hi All

i'm looking for some assistance / guidance if you can help?

I have a Nokia Lumia 620 locked to O2 which I would like to unlock in order to give it to a friend abroad. I have searched around and seen various sites offering an unlock service but a bit weary of using any of these services tbh. I have contacted O2 themselves using the Unlock form in this thread but they have replied stating that the info I have provided is incorrect (im guessing its the phone number the phone used to be on with O2 before it was ported to EE, and as it has not been in contract with them) so essentially they aren't going to help. Can anyone offer any suggestions on a reliable service to use? I have found one linked from the GiffGaff site called myphoneunlockcode.com which will charge £26.60 for the code. I don't mind paying this if its sure to work. Anyone used this or any other service they could recommend?

thanks in advance

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Nokia Lumia 620 unlock

just get an o2 prepay sim or any other o2 contract sim and repeat process, not really cheaper option for lumia unlock

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Is this still the case MM?
    Got a Nokia Lumia 610 locked here. Only way by paying for a code online somewhere?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Pretty much so mate , O2 will often unlock for free if out if contract or a business account or pay £15 other only other way is to send to dm3 team or get the hash calculated buts that's about same cost as network and more faff tbh

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hotentot View Post
    Hi All

i'm looking for some assistance / guidance if you can help?

I have a Nokia Lumia 620 locked to O2 which I would like to unlock in order to give it to a friend abroad. I have searched around and seen various sites offering an unlock service but a bit weary of using any of these services tbh. I have contacted O2 themselves using the Unlock form in this thread but they have replied stating that the info I have provided is incorrect (im guessing its the phone number the phone used to be on with O2 before it was ported to EE, and as it has not been in contract with them) so essentially they aren't going to help. Can anyone offer any suggestions on a reliable service to use? I have found one linked from the GiffGaff site called myphoneunlockcode.com which will charge £26.60 for the code. I don't mind paying this if its sure to work. Anyone used this or any other service they could recommend?

thanks in advance
    I was in the same boat with me Lumia 1020 (was my contract phone until I bought a got a new one so wanted it unlocked to give to me missus on Voda) everytime I used the form it would email me saying info wrong so processing stopped, I went on the o2 help chat facility told them me problem and they submitted the request for me (as I guess it goes to Nokia to generate the code) and 2 days later I had the code ;-)