Close

Thread: Hello All!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Hello All!

I guess it is a tradition here, to make an introduction before much else.

I must be getting older, since I seem to have a little more time to browse, look around, and look for answers, as well as provide some. Just to make one point, I am a GEEK of all trades and MASTER of none. Hence the name MasterGeek.

I have a very diverse and varied background. I've always gravitated towards electronics and cars, along with some politically incorrect pursuits. I lived through the "MuscleCars" era in the US, when you could build some outrageously tricked out cars. I also cut my teeth in the time of Cobol and Fortran with Digital PDP8's and IBM360's. Went through the time when Basic was where it's at and you saved your creations on a cassette recorder, like the Ti99-4a did. It was interesting, but never had enough time to become very proficient.

Now comes the next chapter. When they merged Cars and Computers, I was in Nirvana. Worked for a few major companies learning what I could and playing with all sorts of toys.

I like to experiment with hardware, software, and make silk purses out of sows ears. I hate to see old hardware go to waste, so I've been know to repurpose older hardware for newer uses.

I'm working these days in IT and just getting tired of working, but still learning something new as I go along. Which brings me here. I have occasionally browsed this forum, but made the leap and joined on. Watching and still looking around, but finding a lot of good information and humor at the same time.

Now, If you've read this far, you have a longer attention span than I do, but thanks for your interest. I hope to make the acquaintance of more of you as time goes on.

Warm Regards!

MasterGeek

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hello All!

Great intro.

Welcome to Digital Forums.

Social Networking Bookmarks