mac mini

Thread: mac mini

dav said:

Info mac mini

just new to mac getting a mac mini to try out got it cheap £40 its the intel duo 1.6 his only got 2gb ram in it
    can I upgrade to 4gb or more will it run fast on 2gb for just day to day things like web.email.movies .music .photoshop

tips on what software to put on it

evilsatan said:

Default Re: mac mini

You can lookup the specs here and it will tell you how much RAM it can handle
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Squizza said:

£40!!!

Just goto Crucial Website and stick the model number in, they will tell you what you can have.
    I upgraded mine to 16gb and I remember it not costing too much. It's a late 2012 model.

Scottio200 said:

Is it the newer style mac mini with the screw off bottom? If so ram is extremely easy to fit.

If its the older cake tub style, its will be more tricky, but still doable. You will need 2 putty knifes and a philips screwdriver though

But great price for an intel mac mini, even if you stick it under your TV and use it for Plex/Kodi you have a great deal there!

Scottio

dav said:

i think its the old 2007 what goodies can i put on it using it now seem bit slow when on the internet is that due to the ram

dav said:

seems like it only takes 2gb from the web site

Squizza said:

I think if you want to invest any time in it, whack an SSD into it (easier said than done???). That will give you a small boost.

consoles said:

2007 have it running mountain lion and 4gb ram with 64gb ssd will be a little pocket rocket

blacksheep said:

Don't stick Yosemite on it - will cripple it. I believe that model is overclockable if you want to give it a go but it's quite a delicate operation. Should run plex or other front end easily enough.

Scottio200 said:

If memory serves me correctly you can put 4gb in and it will address 3gb

supraman54 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Scottio200 View Post
    If memory serves me correctly you can put 4gb in and it will address 3gb
    I believe that was the G4 mac which would have been 32 bit and only able to address up to3 GIG of ram

supe
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png

dav said:

my mac mini has gone down any one got a back up of osx 10.4 tiger they can send me pm me plz

consoles said:

ill check work tomorrow think i have the tiger osx on my virtual external drive if so ill upload and send you a link put it on a usb stick and press ALT while booting will show the usb drive

dav said:

any luck consoles