Need new monitor [x2] 4k or?

Thread: Need new monitor [x2] 4k or?

hilljd00 said:

Advice Need new monitor [x2] 4k or?

Hi Guys,

My two LG monitors are on their way out; both are displaying dead pixels. So it will be time for me to upgrade soon!

Currently I am using Two LG IPS231P-BN.

I am looking for equivalent or a 4k monitor[s]. I am unsure if two 4k monitors is a wise choice! My uses are:

Film/TV,
    Graphics/Video editing
    Gaming

What would you recommend?

No set budget.

Thanks
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin

pattikins said:

Default Re: Need new monitor [x2] 4k or?

If you want to game on a 4k monitor you will need to own a powerful graphics card. From what I've read, people have had problems with windows font sizes & scaling issues (although Windows 10 might solve some of those issues). That said, the Iiyama 28" B2888UHSU is fairly cheap (if you want to buy two) & has had some decent reviews.

It might be worth looking at 3440x1440 monitors. I bought a AOC U3477PQU (to replace my Eyefinity set up) last week and I was very impressed with it - less so now, now that it has developed a couple of dead pixels.

ERU said:

I'd recommend my thread [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Mine arrives in a few days!

hilljd00 said:

Any updates?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin

{{909}} said:

the monitor I got developed a line of unlit pixels right across the whole screen, just over a year after purchase, I got it replaced with a recon, which i'm still using now
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

hilljd00 said:

Ok, thanks bud. I need a new screen now as one of mine is now failing

Mystical_2K said:

what about something like this:

or if you want to put yourself into debt, get a couple of these

You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

hilljd00 said:

I'm going to go the 21:9 route. Any suggestions?