Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

NSFW This so called Journalist shooting in the US.... something isn't right.

Ok so the news has been full of the Journalist shootings in America. We all know about Liveleak and we all know the kind of videos on there. I'd heard rumblings from people relating to doubts about the shootings. I have to say, I'm feeling a little suspicious about the authenticity of it too.

I've watched the so called footage that the gunman allegedly put up on his Twitter page. He approaches the Journalist and the woman she is interviewing. Note that the news camera man is pointing away for most of the interview. Then the gunman pulls out a gun 1st person shooter style and points it at them, only feet away for 6 or 7 seconds. They do not flinch or even notice at all that a gun is being pointed at them.

Then, he opens fire.... 5 or 6 shots at pretty much point blank range towards the blonde girl. At least 3 or 4 of those should have made contact yet she sprints off and you can clearly see there are no gunshot wounds, no blood. Also, from what I've read elsewhere, an American guy thinks the gun is possibly a Glock 30 and states that one shot would knock the girl off her feet and pretty much finish her off yet she seems to get away.

Apologies if I'm completely off the mark here but I think there's something very odd about this.

NSFW tag added just in case.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=225_1440602498
    Last edited by dpSparhawk; 27th August 2015 at 12:08 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: This so called Journalist shooting in the US.... something isn't right.

I dunno anything about this. But wouldn't it involve making a well known person 'disappear' and I know adrenaline can make you do some amazing stuff in the right quantities.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: This so called Journalist shooting in the US.... something isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    .....but I think there's something very odd about this.......
    I'm with you on this, I can't put my finger on it but my senses say something is off

Thanks
    Karma Level

pro gun nuts will say its fake, propaganda and so on, anti gun nuts will say the opposite.

Theres an American pro gun nut at the bar where I go here and he's sending cash home so his aunt can stock pile guns and ammo back home in expectation of a nationwide ban. His opinion is pretty much argued against by everyone here, I just think its good entertainment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Saw this last night and it didn't ring true. Looks way too staged and badly acted.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Saw this last night and it didn't ring true. Looks way too staged and badly acted.
    Sadly, you are wrong chap. It is totally, horribly true. I understand what you are saying with the gun and all almost looking like a FPS, but that is raw footage.

Thanks to crazyal

ZX7R (28th August 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure myself , there are 2 or 3 shots fired and the reporter does not appear to to be hit at all , at least not from the body language before they run off , I would imagine a shot from that close range would probably drop you to the floor as adrenaline would not have even kicked in at that point.

Thanks to woody_44

Zoots (27th August 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Too many people watching movies which are miles away from the reality of being shot it's not unlike being punched and you only tend to fall over when dead or hit in the leg, blood would not show instantly as anyone who has stabbed themselves with something will know you look at a hole for several seconds until it fills with blood unless you hit a major artery.

3 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

4me2 (30th August 2015),  crazyal (27th August 2015),  ZX7R (28th August 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

How odd. That footage from the shooter - he's what 6 feet away from her and gets three shots off that we see at her. I'm no expert but always remember what my dad told me from his experience in the forces and that was when you're shot you don't carry on fighting with gritted teeth and then die romantically like in the movies, you drop like a sack of spuds screaming in pain. That slight, feminine reporter not only doesn't even move after two shots, she fucking runs off!!? Very odd indeed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

BaldBouncer, I know mate, that it's not like the movies but sadly over the years I've seen enough raw footage videos of people being shot (vie Live leak and the likes - Not that I specifically look for people being shot but sometimes, I just "liveleak surf" no differently to music vids on Youtube.), and pretty much every video I've seen has shown people's bodies jolting violently and/or just hitting the deck straight off. It just doesn't even look like there is any damage to the clothing she runs off like a cheetah.

If indeed all this is genuine and the video is just not capturing the reality, then my heart goes out to the victims and their friends/relatives.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    BaldBouncer, I know mate, that it's not like the movies but sadly over the years I've seen enough raw footage videos of people being shot (vie Live leak and the likes - Not that I specifically look for people being shot but sometimes, I just "liveleak surf" no differently to music vids on Youtube.), and pretty much every video I've seen has shown people's bodies jolting violently and/or just hitting the deck straight off. It just doesn't even look like there is any damage to the clothing she runs off like a cheetah.

If indeed all this is genuine and the video is just not capturing the reality, then my heart goes out to the victims and their friends/relatives.
    I could also show you plenty of example that they don't jolt violently especially with a handgun

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

ZX7R (28th August 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not watched it at all but from what you're sayng it sounds to me like some dry run staged version he's posted rather than the actual video

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree with this comment on the T'internet:

It depends on shot placement. She was shot in the side and looks like she absorbed several rounds in the arms and shoulders. She made every effort to escape while her body allowed. Not to mention this dude was probably shooting fmj rounds and they were traveling into her clean.

Thanks
    Karma Level

There is a fake video doing the rounds AFAIK. I think this may be it. The dude that did alleged shooting was a black chap. Shooters hand looks pretty white to me in this clip.
    Although it is poor quality.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The black guy has quite pale skin - go check a photo of him. All this conspiracy, black flag and fake bollocks is quite frankly fucking annoying - the video is real.

2 Thanks given to crazyal

jw_2000_uk (27th August 2015),  piggzy (27th August 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have seen 2 videos of different angles . One has to be fake because they would have been visible in each others shots (whoever is recording). This one looks the least likely imho

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Have seen 2 videos of different angles . One has to be fake because they would have been visible in each others shots (whoever is recording). This one looks the least likely imho
    Your seing a angle from the killers phone.

And a angle from the camera man, who was also killed.

Thanks to jw_2000_uk

ZX7R (28th August 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jw_2000_uk View Post
    Your seing a angle from the killers phone.

And a angle from the camera man, who was also killed.
    Nope . None of the videos I watched were from camera man !!!! One was as above in this thread other was long range about 20 meters away.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Someone post the other video then.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Probably a stupid question, but why would anyone want to stage the shooting of an airhead reporter and her equally unremarkable cameraman?

John and Jackie Kennedy these were not.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

4 Thanks given to GTI

Bald Bouncer (27th August 2015),  cassy34 (28th August 2015),  gazza341 (27th August 2015),  ZX7R (28th August 2015)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast