Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Genesis 5 Tips; Genesis Hosts Order

Reliability of Genesis 5 can be instantly increased by having a proper Genesis hosts order. That is, the order that certain file hosts appear when you pick a show or movie can affect your Genesis experience!

There has been some criticism over Genesis 5 the last few days and people have been complaining about unreliability in some of the hosts. Most of this has to do with how good Gvideo was, which used to be the first link for many of the TV shows in Genesis. With Gvideo not currently an option, many other hosts have been having trouble matching the quality.

They generally match the Genesis hosts order that I have setup on my Kodi box, and I don’t have nearly as many problems as some are reporting so I highly recommend checking them out!

Changing your Genesis hosts order changes which hosts appear first when you try to watch a TV show or movie. Some of the new Genesis hosts that are ranked high like Grifthost and 180upload are just not as reliable as others right now and this is causing most of the problems.

NOTE: These Genesis hosts order settings are only valid for Genesis 5.0.2 & 5.0.3. A new update will require these to be revisited again. This will not fix problems for everyone. Some issues are location dependent and some servers change daily to work and not work. This is simply a snapshot of what is working for many people right now.

These Genesis hosts order settings can be changed by hovering over Genesis in your video add-ons, pressing the “c” context/menu button, and going into add-on settings.
    Movies Tab – Disable the following:

• Alluc (720×404 is often listed as HD, so actual HD files are skipped in autoplay)
    • Muchmovies (shut down)

TV Tab – Disable the following:

• Ororo (resolver issues)

HD Hosts Order (sorted from fastest to slowest)

• MegaBox (5.0.3 only)
    • MrFile
    • Gvideo
    • Yify
    • Openload
    • Videomega
    • zStream
    • Turbovideos
    • Skyvids
    • Clicknupload
    • 180uploads

SD Hosts Order (sorted from high quality down to low quality)

• Openload
    • Zstream
    • Mrfile
    • Clicknupload
    • Promptfile
    • Vidlockers
    • V-vids
    • Turbovideos
    • Mightyupload
    • Gvideo
    • Vidspot
    • Streamin
    • Allmyvideos
    • Vidto
    • Streamcloud
    • Letwatch
    • Divxpress
    • Filehoot
    • Beststreams
    • Vidzi

Setup your Genesis 5 add-on with the hosts order mentioned above and see if it helps your Genesis 5 setup!

8 Thanks given to Raptor

AP0ll0UK (2nd October 2015),  Bald Bouncer (10th September 2015),  cassy34 (10th September 2015),  DavidF (10th September 2015),  doppelganger (12th September 2015),  elephantsoup (13th September 2015),  H4ss4n (10th September 2015),  Nathz29 (10th September 2015)