Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What kit are you using?

I've tried loads over the years but my last 3 tanks have been a kangertech aero tank mini, kangertech subtank mini and currently a zephyrus subohm tank (on a 50w istick). All good and an upgrade each time.

I can't imagine buying coils anymore the hassle of getting to your last one and it's either duff or fucks up after a day.

I also hate running out of liquid so tended to buy in bulk ie 500ml bottles. Only problem with that is you're stuck with whatever you get even if you get sick of it.

Friday I thought I'd buy a diy mixing kit from vapable.com (100ml of 72mg nic, 200ml of vg, 200ml of pg, 4 10ml flavourings of your choice and all the other stuff like pipettes, syringes and empty bottles).

Mixed a few over the weekend and without steeping some have been pretty decent, so this may be my new juice route.

3 Thanks given to B.I.G.

AspectUK (15th November 2015),  BertRoot (14th September 2015),  Ganty (14th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    Just for you.
    That is ace thanks. Does his stuff require steeping? I haven't steeped anything yet but wonder if I should.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post

I also hate running out of liquid so tended to buy in bulk ie 500ml bottles. Only problem with that is you're stuck with whatever you get even if you get sick of it.

Friday I thought I'd buy a diy mixing kit from vapable.com (100ml of 72mg nic, 200ml of vg, 200ml of pg, 4 10ml flavourings of your choice and all the other stuff like pipettes, syringes and empty bottles).

Mixed a few over the weekend and without steeping some have been pretty decent, so this may be my new juice route.
    Oh nice, not used these guys before, checking them out now.

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    That is ace thanks. Does his stuff require steeping? I haven't steeped anything yet but wonder if I should.
    I never have, but when doing homemade stuff steeping has only ever helped it.

Thanks to Ganty

BertRoot (14th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    I only steep custards. Fruit flavours are usually good to go.

Thanks to moonrat

BertRoot (14th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I dropped my Subtank twice a day for a week and the battery door has moved and it is covered in scratches and misfires regularly. Tank is fine though.

Bought a Sigelei 75w TC Box mod and it wipes the floor with the Subox. It is bigger but takes the same batteries and am using with a subtank with a 0.5 coil though the mod locks at 0.57 ohm. I like it. I get three tanks outof the battery so far whereas the old one did a battery a tank. Feels more solid as well and hasn't failed yet. Easy to adjust settings and I have to say I rate it. Anyone else got anything new? Running on 21.3 watts using Taffy Man Grape Taffy juice.

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's a new setting in the latest Koopor mini firmware for SS wire so I've invested in another hundred yards or so of wire to make the other couple of hundred yards of TC wire I've already got redundant
    I'm not sure if 316 or 317L SS are any safer than Ti at the temps we're hitting tbh but the 317L SS I've been using has been the friendliest TC wire I've built with so far. Like Ti it turns blue when you get it right but unlike Ti it's not soft so you can screw it down tight and it'll take a bit of TC pulsing to balance out the coils to get them heating up from the centre out.

Thanks to Hippie on hill

BertRoot (15th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bought me a kit from vapable.com too .. arrived next day and I did a mix the same afternoon. Was pretty daunting at first to be honest, felt like I was some kind of shady bomb-maker in the garage.
    Have to say, I managed to screw up the first batch, I did 80 PG 20 VG and nearly set fire to my lungs! 80 VG 20 PG the way to go for me

So, second round .. mixed me a Rhubarb and Custard with the Custardy Lovechild recipe and vapables Rhubarb and Custard concentrate - praying it tastes close to Dr Johns, leaving it to steep for a while .. so damn hard not to have a go with it though
    Also, mixed a Strawberry Milkshake 70/30 and vaping it now .. not keen to be honest, tastes like one of those really cheap milkshakes you buy from the corner shop but hey ho .. gotta try otherwise you never know.

Used E-Juice Lab app on Android to calculate the mixtures, like it .. nice and simple.

Anyone have any suppliers for the flavour concentrates? I wanted to do a Fireball recipe for my mate but it means ordering from a few different suppliers (some outside the UK) would prefer to deal with just one.

I need:
    Flavor West Cinnamon Red Hot
    Flavor West Cinnamon Hot Tamale
    TPA Jamaican Rum
    TPA Clove
    Last edited by AspectUK; 16th November 2015 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got two... Have a Vamo V5 with an Aspire Nautlius. Got it running in 18650 mode which is good when out for long distances as it vapes well at low voltage/watts and can go to 15w. Also have a Kangertech Subox Micro which goes up to 50w and vapes well but the battery doesn't last long as I vape on that one around the 40w mark. Need to get some higher capacity batteries I think ;-)
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got a few off Torchy the Batteryboy on eBay mate. All good so far.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got a Snow Wolf mini last week and rate this. Am running Kanger Top Tank mini on it cos you can fill that from the top without removing it. Mod does 90 watt but am running it at around 30. Batteries last longer in this over my Sigelei. Mod is also slightly smaller.

As far as juice goes I am on Loaded Smores, Muffin Man and Golden Ticket mainly. All good.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Been using my Kanger tank with a coolfire iv for about 9 mths now and love it, get a full days use and dont top up the tank until evening time.
    daily juice for the last 6mths is blackjack and most days mix it with either redbull or watermelon to take the edge off the blackjack.

Thanks to consoles

BertRoot (12th July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still running the updated Koopor minis for single battery TC action and picked up a couple of Cuboids in the fasttech sales recently for twice the battery power and a bit more TC control.
    Atty wise, the Griffin, el Diablo and Crius are on daily duties with dual coils of 316L or 317L SS wire to about .2 ohms so I can run them at about 50w in TC mode with the Koopors or Cuboids.
    And still mixing up my own 70/30 liquids after picking up a big order from Darkstar in their sale last year when I found a discount code that worked on top of their sale prices

Thanks to Hippie on hill

BertRoot (12th July 2016)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Social Networking Bookmarks