Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit - Thoughts ?

Guys and Gals..

What do we think to these ? ... Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kits

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit - Thoughts ?

Ordered one this week. Reviews are good and I like the look of the thing. Should arrive tomorrow I hope.

Thanks to BertRoot

c0axial (15th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

B, I'd send you a PM but your full , 'Where you purchase it from ?'

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here mate and wa posted next day. - http://www.vapingman.co.uk/

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm about to buy a Aspire Carbon Fibre Sub-Ohm battery, and a NEW Atlantis 2 Version 2 Tank, both for £41, they seem to get great reviews, any members familiar with them are they a good buy?

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's all about the temperature control atm
    For TC (and VW) the Koopor mini, Evic VTC mini, IPV D2 are worth a look imo as they can all be had for similar money to the subox. If you've got money to burn then the SX Mini m class is the daddy but it should be at 180 dollar imo.

I picked up a Koopor mini from a UK vendor for £33 ish the other week and have another on route atm from Fasttech for another £23 ish. Would have ordered one of the others from fasttech tho tbh (instead of another Koopor) if they had been in stock, not that there's anything wrong with the Koopor, I just fancied having a look at how the different devices handle TC.
    Its still early days for TC vaping but I've been impressed so far by the Titanium and Nickel coils I've built. Ni200 and Ti have a much lower resistance than kanthal tho so as you double up your coils or start building more exotic coils the initial resistance can result in some v.low subohm values so I think NiFe 30 or 52 will probably be the way to go in the future. With that in mind it's probably best to chose a name brand that offers a TCR adjustment feature for different wires and the possibility of firmware updates to add support for more wires in the future.

I've not tried them meself but the Atlantis has a shit tonne of clones which is usually a good sign.
    The TFV4, Starre Pro, Triton and Herakles tanks are probably worth a look as alternatives.

2 Thanks given to Hippie on hill

greens117 (20th September 2015),  moonrat (16th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As hippie reports it's all heading towards temperature control. That being said I got my sub box for 40quid from noble vaping (there's a 5% of code I can find if needed).

As an introduction into sub ohm vaping I love it. It comes with a rebuildable deck, so you can choose stock coils or make your own. The mod is small and fits nice in the hand. It also allows pass through, so you can vape as it charges.

The subtank mini has great airflow (as a starter tank), but there are lots of reports of them leaking. Mine has been fine with the only leak occurring when I took it on the plane (forgot about cabin pressure).

All in all for the money I love it. Going to re read hippies post a few more times and invest in a Tc mod next.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Picked mine up this morning from the PO. Set up and had a quick toot using the1.5 ohm coil and now it is charging. Looks nice and seems well put together. Loaded it up with I Luv Donuts so see how it goes when the battery is full.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thinking about buying one of these for my bro (a present) so I'm interested in their suitability for a first time e-cig smoker. Also I was thinking about getting him a small tobacco flavoured liquid and then something more pleasant. Would maybe be the one and only bottle of tobacco flavoured one he will use - maybe. He's reduced the number of smokes he has anyway and I think one of these kits would be a great move for him.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    Thinking about buying one of these for my bro (a present) so I'm interested in their suitability for a first time e-cig smoker. Also I was thinking about getting him a small tobacco flavoured liquid and then something more pleasant. Would maybe be the one and only bottle of tobacco flavoured one he will use - maybe. He's reduced the number of smokes he has anyway and I think one of these kits would be a great move for him.
    If it is his first kit away from the fags, the tank might have too much airflow (I know in my case I wanted the experience of vaping to be as close to smoking)

I would recommend something like the aspire premium kit, which comes with a variable voltage battery and nautilus mini. If you wanted something that would last him further into the vaping journey, something like a coolfire 4, or a 50 watt istick, again with a nautilus tank. I'm in work, can find links later if needed (fasttek will have genuine isticks cheap if you have time on your side for delivery)

I'm sure someone will be along to advise jumping straight into something like this, so can only offer my opinion.

Thanks to moonrat

beansontoast (17th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The airflow is quite tight on smallest setting and is good for mouth to lung IMO. I have only been at it a couple of weeks and this is better than my other. Bigger reservoir and the taste is great. Am running it at 15w on the 1.5 coil and all good.

I got a tobacco liquid with my other one and had one tankful and went on to other flavours. I now have loads which is good for me as I get bored easily.

Thanks to BertRoot

beansontoast (17th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you have only been at it a couple of weeks, then I think your opinion is more valid (I started on an vision spinner).

My Mrs has been using a nautilus mini kit for 6 months and hates the sub box.

Haha yeah also have lots of half full bottles of all sorts of flavours. Until you find an all day vape that you are happy with, the choice can be overwhelming. I was using a sweedish fish juice (American candy), but the company disappeared. Back to looking.

Thanks to moonrat

BertRoot (17th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by moonrat View Post
    If you have only been at it a couple of weeks, then I think your opinion is more valid (I started on an vision spinner).

My Mrs has been using a nautilus mini kit for 6 months and hates the sub box.

Haha yeah also have lots of half full bottles of all sorts of flavours. Until you find an all day vape that you are happy with, the choice can be overwhelming. I was using a sweedish fish juice (American candy), but the company disappeared. Back to looking.
    https://www.vaporized.co.uk/locations/leeds-meanwood/ sells the swedish fish as when i popped in this week it was on the menu wall and I did ask wtf it was lol

Thanks to consoles

moonrat (17th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by consoles View Post
    https://www.vaporized.co.uk/locations/leeds-meanwood/ sells the swedish fish as when i popped in this week it was on the menu wall and I did ask wtf it was lol
    Have tried a few different variants online, which never hit the spot. Never tried theirs tho.

Edit vaporized will rob you with hardware and cheap dekang juice (which incidentally the Mrs loves). Used to buy cosmic fog juice from them as they used to be as cheap as online.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yer prices where a little expensive £6+ per 10ml but i wanted to try some new flavours and its local to work.
    still waiting for Dr Johns on Fb to reply to me anyone know any other decent places ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got a bottle of Madrina by suicide Bunny and am doing it on the 0.5 coil and this is my fave so far. Dear but good.