Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

moan Kodi Frustrations Rant ....

I Know I should be out at the pub, few beers and a kebab to finish but circumstances have left me at home tonight and flicking through Kodi for entertainment, well I'm reminded of when I had Apple Tv's all around the house with XBMC as it was known back then and lets face it there was nothing on the Apple TV's out of the box worth watching ! but tonight has brought back memories of the frustrations of FUCK ALL working and the constant up and down, it works for 5 mins then don't for the next, day week, month etc ..... keep updating, reinstalling this and that ..... reminds me why I got rid of them all in the first place ! well tonight is a stern reminder once again of how volatile this kind of stuff is because there is nothing and I mean nothing on the live tv scene working ! Zeus Gone, IPstalker gone, Stormstream tv gone, that only lasted half a day ! etc etc ......Well I suppose its free and keeps you alert !

Rant Over.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Kodi Frustrations Rant ....

I wont pretend I know much about xbmc as I don't, only recently got into it (10 years later then the rest of the planet)

But I do have pretty much the same sentiments, once installed I was buzzing at this whole new world of films and TV, soon realised it's a pain in the arse, I can't watch a movie if it's gonna buffer, and the majority of them do on my sky fiber line, and that's if I'm lucky, most don't freaking work at all,

Searched for a lot of stuff that my two year old likes and was happy to find it, only for him to get excited and the fcuker has no streams

Guessing it was better back in the day where only the more serious took care of the content rather then now with the gimps knocking out crap to make a name for themselves

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have just joined the band-wagging and done a bit of research and found XBMC and the similar streaming counterparts to be very unstable buffer and always wanting updates ect so looked in to CS Sat and wow set-up 5 months ago and not had any issue, Just install a good theam and makes it very easy to use (for the misses)

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest I installed the black kodi stuff from a script a few weeks back. I expected to get really frustrated and delete it within days but both I and the missus have had really good results on it and usually find something to watch.

Our broadband isn't even all that special, I think we get about 13MB but can usually get HD streaming successfully.

The missus who isn't tech savvy in the slightest is also coping ok with it which is a minor miracle in itself. It was hard enough to teach her how to play movies from local shared directories.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

Kodi/XBMC was never meant to be about live tv. Stick to catchup and a few decent addons (Genesis/Salts) and you will be good for tv shows and movies. Start down the live tv route and expect to pay as these are ripped iptv lines which are not cheap and take time to keep updated.
    Other than that there is always Netflix or amazon prime ect...same old story if you pay then you get a flawless service if you leech then take what is available imho.

3 Thanks given to DavidF

Bald Bouncer (19th September 2015),  elephantsoup (20th September 2015),  jw_2000_uk (4th October 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's Genesis that we are using mostly I think. The script I used (linked to off here somewhere) installed about a zillion services but we haven't even clicked into most of them !

We pay for Amazon prime (got it for £50 on a deal) and I've been on netflix since it started in the uk.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

No real issues with Kodi. use genesis a lot which this last week I have found to be a bit shit.. normally ok but that isnt a Kodi issue.

I also use an IPTV provider through it which works fine too for £10 a month. basically full sky package mostly in HD with a few unimportant channels missing.

I find myself watching less and less live tv though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lestronics View Post
    I Know I should be out at the pub, few beers and a kebab to finish but circumstances have left me at home tonight and flicking through Kodi for entertainment, well I'm reminded of when I had Apple Tv's all around the house with XBMC as it was known back then and lets face it there was nothing on the Apple TV's out of the box worth watching ! but tonight has brought back memories of the frustrations of FUCK ALL working and the constant up and down, it works for 5 mins then don't for the next, day week, month etc ..... keep updating, reinstalling this and that ..... reminds me why I got rid of them all in the first place ! well tonight is a stern reminder once again of how volatile this kind of stuff is because there is nothing and I mean nothing on the live tv scene working ! Zeus Gone, IPstalker gone, Stormstream tv gone, that only lasted half a day ! etc etc ......Well I suppose its free and keeps you alert !

Rant Over.
    For the old school xbmc it's not about live tv, which inturn is killing kodi. All the leecher cockwombles are crawling out the woodwork expecting perfect HD streams for free.

It's not a replacement for live tv but more for TV-Movies which if you spend time and don't get frustrated works well.

2 Thanks given to kroner

raelmadrid (19th September 2015),  satzzz (19th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

live tv and free stream shit is cancer

kodi as a media player for everything on your nas is amazing

Thanks
    Karma Level

all this IPTV stuff is like feed searching for me all over again, loving it.
    that said, the chrisB interface/build is great, enjoyed premier pass today, no buffering, ace live tv.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guys, anyone know of a paid reliable way to watch today's football on kodi? Got all the family coming round and we need to watch the match without buffering etc. Don't mind joining a paid service for today to get a reliable stream.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Signed up for Sports Mania , just installing now on Kod.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Update: Happy so far with Sports Mania, £6 for 7 days, £50 for a year etc.

Had to find an alternative repo to install the ZIP but installed OK in the end after a few "hang ups" and now watching SSP1 in HD, fingers crossed it holds out for the football.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i've updated my atv2 to kodi this morning. added robocop plugin, premier pass working fine and looks great on the big tv.

Thanks
    Karma Level

United was flawless in HD on Sports Mania on the fire Stick!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    Update: Happy so far with Sports Mania, £6 for 7 days, £50 for a year etc.

Had to find an alternative repo to install the ZIP but installed OK in the end after a few "hang ups" and now watching SSP1 in HD, fingers crossed it holds out for the football.
    Sportsmania is class for the price.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah pretty solid is Sports Mania, they've launched a sister service called Sports Nation which isn't 24/7 but is event based only.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got a t8 droidsticks box. I ditched it after a week. It was so hit and miss. I do not have time in my life to keep up to date with things now as i have a family.

I pay for access to a plex server its very cheap and have now tv boxes in every room.
    Im just looking for a live tv supplier now as my samsung tv can play m3u lists.
    Was on another server but he went offline

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm the same as Rookie, I use kodi for movies and a plex server for live channels, it's great for footy and has lots of choice for 3pm kick offs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I run a plex server would I be able to share the live channels via that to my phone/fire stick?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast