Close

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Arthritis

  1. #1
    DF Moderator {{909}}'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    China
    Posts
    16,175
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked:        1,345
    Karma Level
    1334

    Info Arthritis

    Had aches and pains in my knees, 1 of my wrists and one of my ankles for about a month and when to the docs today who was quick to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis.

    Now bearing in mind the health service here in China is lacking to say the least, I have my doubts on the diagnosis and from my first google, it seems to indicate that rheumatoid arthritis effects joints evenly, not singularly as in my case.

    I've been given an anti inflammatory called Meloxicam, which seems to be a standard drug for arthritis and I have 3 other medicines I haven't been able to determine what they are yet since they're all in Chinese, but I spy the usual vile drink they give everyone in China regardless of their problem.

    So, I am sure I'm not the first to suffer this here on our aging boards, whats the usual procedure for diagnosis in the UK, and usual treatment?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    DF Moderator BIG-TED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Leics UK
    Posts
    1,955
    Thanks
    387
    Thanked:        769
    Karma Level
    382

    Default Re: Arthritis

    I suffer with my left wrist, and as sceptical as I am, I use a copper bracelet and it really helps. Only suffer in colder weather summer I don't really suffer.
    Ted

    this was sent from tapatalk if it makes no sense...
    Run your wife a nice hot bath, light some candles & pour some wine. Then you've at least 40 mins on the xbox plus a clean wife.

    Experts... x is an unknown quantity and spurt is a fast drip.

  3. #3
    DF VIP Member
    B B Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    19,254
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked:        379
    Karma Level
    2030

    Default Re: Arthritis

    got diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis in in all my body in march been talking Methotrexate Tablets weekly and Maxitram Sr for the pain, waiting for review to get more pain driving me up the walls and have a bit of a temper on my cause of it.
    it a bastard trying to do my job and coping, also got carpal tunnel so i cant use my thumbs or grap in my hands...
    on a brighter note with it cause my hands are numb it feels like someone else is wanking me lol

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     Big-Bad-Leo 


  4. #4
    DF VIP Member
    BigBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    WALES
    Posts
    2,003
    Thanks
    1,412
    Thanked:        1,585
    Karma Level
    329

    Default Re: Arthritis

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG-TED View Post
    I suffer with my left wrist, and as sceptical as I am, I use a copper bracelet and it really helps. Only suffer in colder weather summer I don't really suffer.
    Ted
    Unlike women, men tend to suffer with arthritis in just one wrist. Coincidence or wot? (">

    3 Thanks given to BigBird

    Ashley (24th September 2015), piggzy (24th September 2015), ss30 (24th September 2015) 


  5. #5
    DF Moderator {{909}}'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    China
    Posts
    16,175
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked:        1,345
    Karma Level
    1334

    Default Re: Arthritis

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG-TED View Post
    I suffer with my left wrist, and as skeptical as I am, I use a copper bracelet and it really helps. Only suffer in colder weather summer I don't really suffer.
    Ted

    this was sent from tapatalk if it makes no sense...
    I'm wondering just how much of this is positive thinking. Yesterday morning I didn't know what was wrong with me, I didn't feel so bad, had my diagnosis yesterday afternoon and this morning, felt like every joint in my body was suddenly stiffer.

    After a lot of googling I am still not convinced its RA, for any diagnosis (according to western websites) the doctor needs to ask numerous questions, in my case he asked where it hurts, poked my knee for a few seconds and then said its RH, heres some medicine, fuck off.

    Any of you guys controlling your diet to reduce inflammation?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #6
    DF Moderator {{909}}'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    China
    Posts
    16,175
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked:        1,345
    Karma Level
    1334

    Default Re: Arthritis

    fuck me!

    Went to another hospital for more tests today and they told me I dont have any form of arthritis. That's a relief but it makes you wonder who you can trust!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #7
    DF VIP Member
    BigBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    WALES
    Posts
    2,003
    Thanks
    1,412
    Thanked:        1,585
    Karma Level
    329

    Default Re: Arthritis

    Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    fuck me!

    Went to another hospital for more tests today and they told me I dont have any form of arthritis. That's a relief but it makes you wonder who you can trust!
    Well there can only be one plausible explanation. Lucky for you I have found some info that can help you reduce the risk of this happening in the future. Its called the Open Handed Wank. My girlfriend would sort me at any time of the day if she wasn't in work and my sister lives too far away so this sounds just the job to avoid any problems later in life. (">

    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanker's Cramp (aka Repetitive Stress Disorder, aka Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) is caused when the muscles used to grip (located in the Carpal Tunnel of the wrist) are too strong. This causes the gripping muscles to be larger than the muscles used in releasing or opening the hand. They push into the wrong places and cause pain and inflamation.

    The most common cause of this development for men, is masturbating. But there is now relief that I thought I'd share with the Internet (a place notoriously full of wankers). The cure is to exercise the realease/open muscles, this COULD be done with excercises, but I've opted to do it with masturbation (absolutely reversing the tide of pain).

    You need 1 peice of equiptment, it can be bought in most newsagencies or stationary stores. It is a large rubber band (kinky, huh?). It sounds laughable but it works, and no one's going to know what you're buying them for. They're the kind used in mail rooms. I need about a size 62 (about 19 cm's halfed-length, 40 cms all way round).

    Once you've got one, we can begin: Full detailed instructions can be found [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by BigBird; 24th September 2015 at 05:23 PM.

    Thanks to BigBird

    {{909}} (25th September 2015) 


  8. #8
    DF Moderator {{909}}'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    China
    Posts
    16,175
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked:        1,345
    Karma Level
    1334

    Default Re: Arthritis

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Well there can only be one plausible explanation. Lucky for you I have found some info that can help you reduce the risk of this happening in the future. Its called the Open Handed Wank. My girlfriend would sort me at any time of the day if she wasn't in work and my sister lives too far away so this sounds just the job to avoid any problems later in life. (">

    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanker's Cramp (aka Repetitive Stress Disorder, aka Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) is caused when the muscles used to grip (located in the Carpal Tunnel of the wrist) are too strong. This causes the gripping muscles to be larger than the muscles used in releasing or opening the hand. They push into the wrong places and cause pain and inflamation.

    The most common cause of this development for men, is masturbating. But there is now relief that I thought I'd share with the Internet (a place notoriously full of wankers). The cure is to exercise the realease/open muscles, this COULD be done with excercises, but I've opted to do it with masturbation (absolutely reversing the tide of pain).

    You need 1 peice of equiptment, it can be bought in most newsagencies or stationary stores. It is a large rubber band (kinky, huh?). It sounds laughable but it works, and no one's going to know what you're buying them for. They're the kind used in mail rooms. I need about a size 62 (about 19 cm's halfed-length, 40 cms all way round).

    Once you've got one, we can begin: Full detailed instructions can be found [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I thought the towel and rubber glove was standard? with a big of creativity you can go hands free.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Thanks to {{909}}

    BigBird (25th September 2015) 


Similar Threads

  1. Frankincense 'can ease arthritis'
    By 4me2 in forum The Clinic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd August 2008, 10:52 AM
  2. Alcohol 'cuts risk of arthritis'
    By Nibb in forum The Clinic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th June 2008, 03:56 PM
  3. Curry spice 'help for arthritis'
    By 4me2 in forum The Clinic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th October 2006, 08:44 PM
  4. Arthritis
    By Marcus Berry in forum The Comedy Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th February 2006, 08:48 AM

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •