Close

Thread: Arthritis

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Arthritis

Had aches and pains in my knees, 1 of my wrists and one of my ankles for about a month and when to the docs today who was quick to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis.

Now bearing in mind the health service here in China is lacking to say the least, I have my doubts on the diagnosis and from my first google, it seems to indicate that rheumatoid arthritis effects joints evenly, not singularly as in my case.

I've been given an anti inflammatory called Meloxicam, which seems to be a standard drug for arthritis and I have 3 other medicines I haven't been able to determine what they are yet since they're all in Chinese, but I spy the usual vile drink they give everyone in China regardless of their problem.

So, I am sure I'm not the first to suffer this here on our aging boards, whats the usual procedure for diagnosis in the UK, and usual treatment?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Arthritis

I suffer with my left wrist, and as sceptical as I am, I use a copper bracelet and it really helps. Only suffer in colder weather summer I don't really suffer.
    Ted

this was sent from tapatalk if it makes no sense...
    Lots of my repairs and pictures of retro stuff on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big_ted1?t=s9zEZ...Z-npEyeKA&s=09

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

got diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis in in all my body in march been talking Methotrexate Tablets weekly and Maxitram Sr for the pain, waiting for review to get more pain driving me up the walls and have a bit of a temper on my cause of it.
    it a bastard trying to do my job and coping, also got carpal tunnel so i cant use my thumbs or grap in my hands...
    on a brighter note with it cause my hands are numb it feels like someone else is wanking me lol

www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-TED View Post
    I suffer with my left wrist, and as sceptical as I am, I use a copper bracelet and it really helps. Only suffer in colder weather summer I don't really suffer.
    Ted
    Unlike women, men tend to suffer with arthritis in just one wrist. Coincidence or wot? (">

3 Thanks given to BigBird

Ashley (24th September 2015),  piggzy (24th September 2015),  ss30 (24th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-TED View Post
    I suffer with my left wrist, and as skeptical as I am, I use a copper bracelet and it really helps. Only suffer in colder weather summer I don't really suffer.
    Ted

this was sent from tapatalk if it makes no sense...
    I'm wondering just how much of this is positive thinking. Yesterday morning I didn't know what was wrong with me, I didn't feel so bad, had my diagnosis yesterday afternoon and this morning, felt like every joint in my body was suddenly stiffer.

After a lot of googling I am still not convinced its RA, for any diagnosis (according to western websites) the doctor needs to ask numerous questions, in my case he asked where it hurts, poked my knee for a few seconds and then said its RH, heres some medicine, fuck off.

Any of you guys controlling your diet to reduce inflammation?

Thanks
    Karma Level

fuck me!

Went to another hospital for more tests today and they told me I dont have any form of arthritis. That's a relief but it makes you wonder who you can trust!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    fuck me!

Went to another hospital for more tests today and they told me I dont have any form of arthritis. That's a relief but it makes you wonder who you can trust!
    Well there can only be one plausible explanation. Lucky for you I have found some info that can help you reduce the risk of this happening in the future. Its called the Open Handed Wank. My girlfriend would sort me at any time of the day if she wasn't in work and my sister lives too far away so this sounds just the job to avoid any problems later in life. (">

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanker's Cramp (aka Repetitive Stress Disorder, aka Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) is caused when the muscles used to grip (located in the Carpal Tunnel of the wrist) are too strong. This causes the gripping muscles to be larger than the muscles used in releasing or opening the hand. They push into the wrong places and cause pain and inflamation.

The most common cause of this development for men, is masturbating. But there is now relief that I thought I'd share with the Internet (a place notoriously full of wankers). The cure is to exercise the realease/open muscles, this COULD be done with excercises, but I've opted to do it with masturbation (absolutely reversing the tide of pain).

You need 1 peice of equiptment, it can be bought in most newsagencies or stationary stores. It is a large rubber band (kinky, huh?). It sounds laughable but it works, and no one's going to know what you're buying them for. They're the kind used in mail rooms. I need about a size 62 (about 19 cm's halfed-length, 40 cms all way round).

Once you've got one, we can begin: Full detailed instructions can be found here.
    Last edited by BigBird; 24th September 2015 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks to BigBird

{{909}} (25th September 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Well there can only be one plausible explanation. Lucky for you I have found some info that can help you reduce the risk of this happening in the future. Its called the Open Handed Wank. My girlfriend would sort me at any time of the day if she wasn't in work and my sister lives too far away so this sounds just the job to avoid any problems later in life. (">

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanker's Cramp (aka Repetitive Stress Disorder, aka Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) is caused when the muscles used to grip (located in the Carpal Tunnel of the wrist) are too strong. This causes the gripping muscles to be larger than the muscles used in releasing or opening the hand. They push into the wrong places and cause pain and inflamation.

The most common cause of this development for men, is masturbating. But there is now relief that I thought I'd share with the Internet (a place notoriously full of wankers). The cure is to exercise the realease/open muscles, this COULD be done with excercises, but I've opted to do it with masturbation (absolutely reversing the tide of pain).

You need 1 peice of equiptment, it can be bought in most newsagencies or stationary stores. It is a large rubber band (kinky, huh?). It sounds laughable but it works, and no one's going to know what you're buying them for. They're the kind used in mail rooms. I need about a size 62 (about 19 cm's halfed-length, 40 cms all way round).

Once you've got one, we can begin: Full detailed instructions can be found here.
    I thought the towel and rubber glove was standard? with a big of creativity you can go hands free.

Thanks to {{909}}

BigBird (25th September 2015)