Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Kodi IPTV Setups - what are you all using?

I've only recently found out about the epg's you can integrate with kodi and various plugins so I've been experimenting and think this setup is the dogs.
    Any suggestions on different/better plugins much appreciated but so far I'm very happy with this. (just hope stalker stays live for a while)
    I have this setup on both my mac and fire stick and have tried renegades plugin but prefer iVue.
    I'd also tried to get IPTV Simple PVR to work but had problems, so if anyone is running that with success please shout.

Kodi is 15.2
    IPTV Stalker v9.0.21 (a slightly modded version that integrates with iVue with no hacks needed, not on any repos right now, there is a thread on iptvtalk forum but I've added it to my dropbox to make it easier,
    Code:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2935294/plugin.video.stalker%209.0.21.zip
    iVue TV Guide 6.0.24 (repo -
    Code:
    http://tecbox.tv/repo/install
    Operation Robocop 2.0 (HD quality streams of most footie games, repo -
    Code:
    http://sd-32042.dedibox.fr/operationrobocop/repo/
    some useful info:
    IPTV Stalker - there are many installation guides online/youtube, and the mac addresses are easy enough to figure out one that works. format needs to be 00:1A:79:xx:xx:xx , I've used the same one on 5 setups so far, all working fine.)
    iVue - in settings, amend the XMLTV type to TECBOX (Stalkeriptv) it has the majority of the links from stalker on there, not all. In Startup setting, choose to auto launch. In your user data folder on mac/pc you can edit the sql database that holds all the file data if you want to edit any. e.g. I've updated it add in DisneyXD for the kids, as its not on there by default). I use the default appearance as its easier to get into the context menu on the fire stick imho.

I have the firestick to auto launch kodi and the iVuew to auto launch once Kodi opens.

once all setup its looks like this
    Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 16.11.41.png

update - i have plugin auto updates switched off. newer plugins tend to break things :-)

cheers
    Bug
    Last edited by bugnote; 25th October 2015 at 06:02 PM. Reason: auto updates

5 Thanks given to bugnote

akimba (26th October 2015),  Amalfi (26th October 2015),  Ashley (25th October 2015),  DJ OD (25th October 2015),  Son (27th October 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Kodi IPTV Setups - what are you all using?

Quote Originally Posted by bugnote View Post
    I've only recently found out about the epg's you can integrate with kodi and various plugins so I've been experimenting and think this setup is the dogs.
    Any suggestions on different/better plugins much appreciated but so far I'm very happy with this. (just hope stalker stays live for a while)
    I have this setup on both my mac and fire stick and have tried renegades plugin but prefer iVue.
    I'd also tried to get IPTV Simple PVR to work but had problems, so if anyone is running that with success please shout.

Kodi is 15.2
    IPTV Stalker v9.0.21 (a slightly modded version that integrates with iVue with no hacks needed, not on any repos right now, there is a thread on iptvtalk forum but I've added it to my dropbox to make it easier,
    Code:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2935294/plugin.video.stalker%209.0.21.zip
    iVue TV Guide 6.0.24 (repo -
    Code:
    http://tecbox.tv/repo/install
    Operation Robocop 2.0 (HD quality streams of most footie games, repo -
    Code:
    http://sd-32042.dedibox.fr/operationrobocop/repo/
    some useful info:
    IPTV Stalker - there are many installation guides online/youtube, and the mac addresses are easy enough to figure out one that works. format needs to be 00:1A:79:xx:xx:xx , I've used the same one on 5 setups so far, all working fine.)
    iVue - in settings, amend the XMLTV type to TECBOX (Stalkeriptv) it has the majority of the links from stalker on there, not all. In Startup setting, choose to auto launch. In your user data folder on mac/pc you can edit the sql database that holds all the file data if you want to edit any. e.g. I've updated it add in DisneyXD for the kids, as its not on there by default). I use the default appearance as its easier to get into the context menu on the fire stick imho.

I have the firestick to auto launch kodi and the iVuew to auto launch once Kodi opens.

once all setup its looks like this
    Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 16.11.41.png

update - i have plugin auto updates switched off. newer plugins tend to break things :-)

cheers
    Bug
    Great post, next weekend when I get a minute I'll try this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

This came preinstalled with The Beast build that I have installed, however lots of the channels don't work because there linked to other streams, it is very time consuming to remove the stream and change to stalker stream ! does anyone know a way of integrating the whole ivue guide so as all channels are streamed by stalker? also you talk of finding IP Adresses that work easy, I tried a few weeks back and tried 100's without success I used a readily available program to generate them beginning 00:0a:78 and 00:0a:79 and found diddly squat that worked, so gave up have I been unlucky?

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

in iVue settings, you can reset the database, which removes all stream links. next time you launch it should ask which addon to use, just choose stalker and all should be fine.
    re mac addresses, others threads and forums talk of blocking if they are used by too many people, so prob best for me if I don't share mine, sorry bud.
    Only tip I can give is that as long as you have a valid mac address and 'send serial' checked, it can take quite a few attempts to pass the 'failed authentication' error, just keep trying.
    also, ignore all the youtubes/guides that tell you to go back into settings, clear cache, click on this menu and hit enter etc, its just a stupid waste of time that doesn't do anything, just keep trying to access the NFPS folder, once you see the list of genres, the mac address has worked, so keep pressing enter until you are in to the links.

Bug

Thanks to bugnote

Lestronics (25th October 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

[QUOTE=bugnote;3814389]in iVue settings, you can reset the database, which removes all stream links. next time you launch it should ask which addon to use, just choose stalker and all should be fine.
    re mac addresses, others threads and forums talk of blocking if they are used by too many people, so prob best for me if I don't share mine, sorry bud.
    Only tip I can give is that as long as you have a valid mac address and 'send serial' checked, it can take quite a few attempts to pass the 'failed authentication' error, just keep trying.
    also, ignore all the youtubes/guides that tell you to go back into settings, clear cache, click on this menu and hit enter etc, its just a stupid waste of time that doesn't do anything, just keep trying to access the NFPS folder, once you see the list of genres, the mac address has worked, so keep pressing enter until you are in to the links.

Bug[/QUOTE

Yes I'd already done that, still bloody painful adding the streams ! yep you keep your IP to yourself, completely understand ! I had a simple IP of 00:0a:79:01:02:03 a while back, just typed it in by chance and never thought it would work but it did to my surprise ! told no one but the bastard just stopped after about 3 weeks and I could never find another. I remember as well you could only use stalker v1.018 as it was the only version you could input the mac address, when it autoupdated that option was removed. Thanks for bringing this back to light because I'd put it to bed but it seems that this version of stalker has the mac address input reinstated.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am waiting on my KODI box turning up so expect some questions over the next week ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

This skin looks quite interesting think I will give it a test when I get chance.

4 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Ashley (27th October 2015),  Lestronics (27th October 2015),  mitchb (27th October 2015),  Zoots (27th October 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pretty impressive, not quite blown away as the guy in the video though !

Thanks
    Karma Level

That is pretty good BB. If I install that onto my android box with 'the beast' innit, will it replace all that 'film' bullshit that's everywhere? Fuckin 'beast' pictures and shit everywhere spoils a good build.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    That is pretty good BB. If I install that onto my android box with 'the beast' innit, will it replace all that 'film' bullshit that's everywhere? Fuckin 'beast' pictures and shit everywhere spoils a good build.

DJ OD
    Yes mate I would go fresh start tbh then add and modify myself but I believe it is still a beta build could be wrong as I haven't had chance to try it yet.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

DJ OD (27th October 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Put it on my Nexus 7 last night half asleep. It doesn't work very well for touch screens if anyone is wondering.
    But it does work of a fashion. And looks absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to try it on the AFTV stick.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That looks great BB. Sound idea using the firestick skin as a lot of people know use a firestick for kodi. Will give it a try soon

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm running it on the nvidia shield tv and using the aeon mq6

the shield is the best experience for kodi I've had to date super quick and has regular updates from nvidia as they are actually listening to the kodi developers and even supplied them with test box's so they can help implement things for firmware updates

Thanks to fanni

Ashley (28th October 2015)