Web Hosting Business

Thread: Web Hosting Business

  1. hilljd00's Avatar

    hilljd00 said:

    Review Web Hosting Business

    Hi Guys,

    Can I have honest feedback about my new business website please the main website is fully responsive and the client area is partially responsive [work in progress]. But other than that, what does everyone think?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin
     
  2. akimba's Avatar

    akimba said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    I don't like the typing gif in the background its like a spider crawling in and also is way too short and just keeps jumping back to the beginning looks glitch better with something that's smooth so can tell when it restarts.

    Other than that it looks very professional, where do I sign up hehe ;-)
     
  3. hilljd00's Avatar

    hilljd00 said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    I've created a digital forums offer that I will be posting later

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin
     
  4. muttleymacclad's Avatar

    muttleymacclad said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    Agree with removing the background gif.

    also the italics for 'Affordable and reliable' should not be italicised.

    Also i would just say Business rather than Businesses.
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  5. hilljd00's Avatar

    hilljd00 said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    Great feedback guys! The more the merrier

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin
     
  6. Squizza's Avatar

    Squizza said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    Unfortunately the animated backgrounds are 'The Future' - As much as they may not be liked, they do make the site feel alive and current.

    Change the italic font, if you want to emphasize these points then make them bold or a different colour.
    I am using chrome, when I click 'Get Started' and I get to the Place new order screen, the text box for a new domain is almost like a list box.
    Also when I press Get Started and it takes me to the said screen, I feel like I am being forced to place an order as if I have already made a decision. Most folk will want to click through to take a look. If it is intentional then change the text to 'Order Now' maybe?
    I tried to search for ddd.com and it was just looping round. When I put something sensible in it came straight back. Maybe put some timeouts in?

    On the main screen, the question marks under the choices don't seem right to me. Maybe actual 'More Info' text would work better?

    Also in Chrome the 'Order Now' button has overlapping text. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    If you keep trying to add discount codes, it stacks the error message.

    I am no UX expert, but these are my views on what I have scratched the surface of. Plenty of other visual things, text that should not be there etc.. but I am sure you are aware.
     
  7. hilljd00's Avatar

    hilljd00 said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    Unfortunately the animated backgrounds are 'The Future' - As much as they may not be liked, they do make the site feel alive and current.

    Change the italic font, if you want to emphasize these points then make them bold or a different colour.
    I am using chrome, when I click 'Get Started' and I get to the Place new order screen, the text box for a new domain is almost like a list box.
    Also when I press Get Started and it takes me to the said screen, I feel like I am being forced to place an order as if I have already made a decision. Most folk will want to click through to take a look. If it is intentional then change the text to 'Order Now' maybe?
    I tried to search for ddd.com and it was just looping round. When I put something sensible in it came straight back. Maybe put some timeouts in?

    On the main screen, the question marks under the choices don't seem right to me. Maybe actual 'More Info' text would work better?

    Also in Chrome the 'Order Now' button has overlapping text. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    If you keep trying to add discount codes, it stacks the error message.

    I am no UX expert, but these are my views on what I have scratched the surface of. Plenty of other visual things, text that should not be there etc.. but I am sure you are aware.
    Noted and working on these points. What system/device are you using to see the overlap?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin
     
  8. akimba's Avatar

    akimba said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    Unfortunately the animated backgrounds are 'The Future' - As much as they may not be liked, they do make the site feel alive and current.
    I do like the animated backgrounds say of the Paypal site. I just think this one is too short and keeps jumping back to the beginning, like a stuck record.
     
  9. Squizza's Avatar

    Squizza said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    Windows 8.1 - Chrome (latest version) 1920 x 1080 full screen.
     
  10. hilljd00's Avatar

    hilljd00 said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    How big is your monitor mate?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin
     
  11. hilljd00's Avatar

    hilljd00 said:

    Default Re: Web Hosting Business

    Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    Agree with removing the background gif.

    also the italics for 'Affordable and reliable' should not be italicised.

    Also i would just say Business rather than Businesses.
    It is not in italics?

    <h2><strong>Affordable & Reliable</strong> UK Hosting Solutions</h2>

    So "For over ten years Fusionhost has grown and evolved to deliver the very best in web hosting solutions. We specialise in delivering website hosting for students and businesses throughout the European Union."

    That does sound better actually. Thank you


    Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    Change the italic font, if you want to emphasize these points then make them bold or a different colour.
    See above

    Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    I am using chrome, when I click 'Get Started' and I get to the Place new order screen, the text box for a new domain is almost like a list box.
    It shows me the SSL page?

    [QUOTE=Squizza;3814660Also when I press Get Started and it takes me to the said screen, I feel like I am being forced to place an order as if I have already made a decision. Most folk will want to click through to take a look. If it is intentional then change the text to 'Order Now' maybe? [/quote]

    Fair shout; I'll run some tests

    Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    I tried to search for ddd.com and it was just looping round. When I put something sensible in it came straight back. Maybe put some timeouts in?
    I've not experienced this before; do you have a link?


    Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    On the main screen, the question marks under the choices don't seem right to me. Maybe actual 'More Info' text would work better?
    Hmm, I could do that as an alt overlay?


    Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    Also in Chrome the 'Order Now' button has overlapping text. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I can experience this anywhere. Please could you provide more information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    If you keep trying to add discount codes, it stacks the error message.
    Unfortunately I can fix this as this section is the customer control panel but if you provide a screenshot I will report it; thank you


    Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    I am no UX expert, but these are my views on what I have scratched the surface of. Plenty of other visual things, text that should not be there etc.. but I am sure you are aware.
    Do you have any examples of the 'other things'
    Last edited by hilljd00; 30th October 2015 at 01:09 PM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin