Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Unable to send or receive emails through my website, using the contact form

I`ve recently had a website built, and as of last week my 123-reg email client is not receiving any emails sent directly through the website, although i can send & receive mail using other accounts
    I got in touch with the developer, and he has tryed modifying the contact form but to no avail, he has told me that my ip is blacklisted, and i need to get in touch with my service provider,

I have done this and now have a different ip, but the problem still remains, any help on this would be appreciated thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Unable to send or receive emails through my website, using the contact form

Sounds like he is talking shit. IP's do get blacklisted and I suppose it is possible you received another blacklisted one. Best to try get de blacklisted if that is the case.
    Also if it is blacklisted it is not a 100% sort of thing. e.g. your contact form would work sending emails to certain domains and not others.

If it does not work 100% I would assume not blacklisted and configuration error or something is broke. e.g. SMTP settings.

While you attempt to resolve the issue set un motion UNBlacklisting just incase

e.g. If you are attempting to send to a @hotmail.com address. Contact hotmails email abuse dept and explain you received an IP that is showing as potential spammer but it is new to you please revoke ban e.t.c

Takes a few days but they always agree to lift the ban on your IP and do it in stages to protect themselves by limiting volume in first few days/weeks

Still suspect other issues though if it is not working at all but this helps eliminate if your website dev is talking shit

Did contact form ever work? is it wordpress or real site ???

Thanks to piggzy

shaper (2nd November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Unable to send or receive emails through my website, using the contact form

Thanks for your reply piggzy, i`m a total nube to all this, the contact form only stopped working last week, and i don`t think it`s a wordpress site.
    I`ve also noticed a couple of things that seem strange to me but would probably be normal to you

Thanks to shaper

piggzy (2nd November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Feel free to PM. Happy to give free advise to DF users as I have enjoyed my stay so far and the info I have taken from here.

Will happily have a look at your IP and I can tell you if it is blacklisted e.t.c
    Best not to post your IP on a public forum though ;-)

3 Thanks given to piggzy

JonEp (3rd November 2015),  Lou_smorals (3rd November 2015),  shaper (2nd November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Really appreciate your help mate thanks, switching to pm