Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fucking Ticketmaster - Stone Roses tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Glastonbury tickets have your photo printed on them. If they're printing individualised tickets (which they do) I can't see why they can't add a photo. You'd just have to register your image with the company in advance.
    I was going to say about this, and see tickets are the booking company, but Glasto is something like 250,000 tickets so any booking company would jump at the chance for that contract!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    I tried to buy Coldplay tickets the other week. Ticket master site said sorry then directed me to their Platinum site where ticket prices are set by demand of an event in order to give bands a better deal...

They wanted 3 x the amount the face value was...
    I was looking at Kylie tickets for the Royal Albert Hall and a front row ticket that's face value was £75 was being sold for £1200 on StubHub (part of ebay) and I thought they were against allowing such markups!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

As already said it is the actual authorized ticket agents themselves that take the tickets off the normal market and stick them through sister companies to fleece the public. Added to this you have a certain percentage of corporate tickets for each even....lots of them find their way to agents selling the premium seats at huge prices. THEN you have the promoters allocation too...again often these tickets can be bought for a price. And finally the even sponsor if any......ALL of these groups get satisfied before a single seat is sold to public. I wouldn't be surprised if out of whats left the telephone operators can probably blag a few for friends and family....it's a wonder that anybody actually manages to get in to any sort of high profile event without paying over face value for the ticket.
    The money changing hands must be huge over the year.
    Tickets with photo's on them would go a fair way to solving this - but would pose it's own issues, People buying tickets for their mates so they goto event as a crowd, Fan sites buying lots - wanting to run coaches to the events and finally people buying tickets as gifts. I suppose these could all be solved if there was the will to do so.....but there is no real will to do anything. Only the very top artists would have any sway in this stuff, the others would not have the bottle to say anything for fear of their own career's I would have thought the ticket re-sellers would have huge sway with large kickbacks to all and sundry.
    In someways I miss the tout who bought 10-50 tickets and sold them outside the venue.....although still ripping punters off they were not in the same league as the companies that do so today. Is it the same in other countries ? I suppose it must be when you look at big football comps abroad ect same stuff seems to happen.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    As already said it is the actual authorized ticket agents themselves that take the tickets off the normal market and stick them through sister companies to fleece the public. Added to this you have a certain percentage of corporate tickets for each even....lots of them find their way to agents selling the premium seats at huge prices. THEN you have the promoters allocation too...again often these tickets can be bought for a price. And finally the even sponsor if any......ALL of these groups get satisfied before a single seat is sold to public. I wouldn't be surprised if out of whats left the telephone operators can probably blag a few for friends and family....it's a wonder that anybody actually manages to get in to any sort of high profile event without paying over face value for the ticket.
    The money changing hands must be huge over the year.
    Tickets with photo's on them would go a fair way to solving this - but would pose it's own issues, People buying tickets for their mates so they goto event as a crowd, Fan sites buying lots - wanting to run coaches to the events and finally people buying tickets as gifts. I suppose these could all be solved if there was the will to do so.....but there is no real will to do anything. Only the very top artists would have any sway in this stuff, the others would not have the bottle to say anything for fear of their own career's I would have thought the ticket re-sellers would have huge sway with large kickbacks to all and sundry.
    In someways I miss the tout who bought 10-50 tickets and sold them outside the venue.....although still ripping punters off they were not in the same league as the companies that do so today. Is it the same in other countries ? I suppose it must be when you look at big football comps abroad ect same stuff seems to happen.
    Perhaps its payback for all the money artists lose through piracy. From what I understand they don't make money through record sales any more, its only from touring.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Perhaps its payback for all the money artists lose through piracy. From what I understand they don't make money through record sales any more, its only from touring.
    Yeah but I don't think the artist will see any revenue from this practice, it will be the middle man that makes the money :-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Tickets with photo's on them would go a fair way to solving this - but would pose it's own issues, People buying tickets for their mates so they goto event as a crowd, Fan sites buying lots - wanting to run coaches to the events and finally people buying tickets as gifts. I suppose these could all be solved if there was the will to do so.....but there is no real will to do anything.
    Glasto managed to pull this off to a degree - I'm sure it stops a large portion of touting. In my head it's simple enough. The ticket doesn't get shipped until a passport size photo is uploaded to a website (or posted). That gets printed on the ticket and then the ticket goes to the person buying it.

Alternatively a legislation where you have to be a licensed ticket seller to sell tickets to events and people can't use the "couldn't make it to the event" excuse as if they are not wanted they get sold back to the original seller for what they paid for it (maybe minus 10%) and can only be resold for face value.

At the end of the day the venues/promoters don't care. They make their money and that's that. The government need to get involved in my opinion.

The problem isn't the ticket sellers or venues or promoters. It's the publics fault for accepting these stupid prices! But people will still pay the money and so the circle continues. There are enough people out there that want to make a fast buck and enough mugs out there that will moan about the price but still pay it. This strengthens the money grabbing cnuts position to just keep increasing prices.

In a lot of ways it's similar to housing. What really determines a house price? what someone will pay for it. The gazumping of the 80s/90s is proof of that alone.

If it was made illegal to sell a ticket for more than face value and put a cap on booking fees then none of this would be an issue and fans, true fans, would be able to afford to see their favourite bands/artists.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Very simple THEY DON'T WANT TO STOP IT I think a lot are missing the point, I have seen at least 2 if not more documentaries etc exposing what is going on and the Government of the day make a noise about doing something about it and then it's brushed under the carpet.

Way too many rich people getting richer through this, way too many MP's and Peers have interests in these companies, way too many MP's and Peers on their payroll either openly or through brown envelopes and they have way too much money to spunk up the wall with lobbyists should they ever try and stop it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12