Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default cannot shake the past

Hi
    several years ago the circles i mixed in were into some pretty heavy stuff, which is not so important here, my friend still has a lot of the information on a hard drive in his safe. recently he has had lots of weird stuff with other people being able to change things on his Iphone, Imac, Router and laptop and basically messing with his life big style.
    We have recently found out that this seems to be linked to Equation group and Greyfish 2.0, he is no longer involved in any of the stuff we were and wants to be able to get on with his life without his wife and kids phones being hacked. Currently he has had to get rid of all his IT equipment. Anybody familiar with this or any ideas what he can do?
    LS
    Last edited by Lou_smorals; 7th November 2015 at 01:47 PM.
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: cannot shake the past

I had to Google them tbh and it all sounds decidedly grim.
    In the past I'd have thought of this as stuff of the movies but have witnessed very strange shit myself that pushed my mate to the brink. He moved house, destroyed PC/laptop, phones etc. I know he was into some silly shit too. Hope your mate can sort it - realise this isn't much help.

Thanks to Zoots

Lou_smorals (7th November 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    Exactly what he had to do, he replaced and sold several laptops before finding them in his router - this is 100% true and not exactly the sort of thing local plod can help with.
    I can even tell you why they doing, but not in open room.

cheers
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

I also googled and thought wow a bit over my head. Funny enough having just read the snowdon files nd reading about greyfish et all on google I would be ditching my electronic communications gear. To be blunt the people who are probably listening/hacking him will probably be able to do so for as long as they are interested in the target. I think the stuff mentioned in that snowdon book relates directly too what's happening to your mate.
    Again not much help and im sure you already knew what I posted.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    I also googled and thought wow a bit over my head. Funny enough having just read the snowdon files nd reading about greyfish et all on google I would be ditching my electronic communications gear. To be blunt the people who are probably listening/hacking him will probably be able to do so for as long as they are interested in the target. I think the stuff mentioned in that snowdon book relates directly too what's happening to your mate.
    Again not much help and im sure you already knew what I posted.
    What Snowden book mate? Is it a good read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Snowden-.../dp/1783350350
    Edit to add - Yes it's a very good eye opening read. Very relevant to this thread and also very relevant to the bill that Theresa May is trying to get us to "accept" with regards spying ect.

3 Thanks given to DavidF

Ashley (7th November 2015),  Lou_smorals (7th November 2015),  piggzy (7th November 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    Well I wonder how my friend can get past this....none of his kids etc can even own a smart phone....he hasnt been involved in what they are interested in for years.
    LS

Thanks
    Karma Level

Or for the tighter ones among us: https://pirateproxy.la/torrent/96236...y_Luke_Harding

Thanks to piggzy

Ashley (7th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_smorals View Post
    Hi
    several years ago the circles i mixed in were into some pretty heavy stuff, which is not so important here, my friend still has a lot of the information on a hard drive in his safe. recently he has had lots of weird stuff with other people being able to change things on his Iphone, Imac, Router and laptop and basically messing with his life big style.
    We have recently found out that this seems to be linked to Equation group and Greyfish 2.0, he is no longer involved in any of the stuff we were and wants to be able to get on with his life without his wife and kids phones being hacked. Currently he has had to get rid of all his IT equipment. Anybody familiar with this or any ideas what he can do?
    LS
    Why does he still have info on a hard drive mate, if he's not into things like that anymore? Insurance of some sort? If it is, I wouldn't personally keep info that sensitive anywhere near me. I crossed paths with various intelligence bods back in the day (before the internet etc.) and back in them days, you wouldn't even know you were being monitored... quite the contrary as one bod said to me ''If you are being monitored/ phone tapped, you would have the cleanest phone line in the street without even realising something was amiss''.

I've been out of touch with it all for sometime and maybe new tech leaves a footprint but always thought the same premise would still apply.

Thanks to burner1

Lou_smorals (7th November 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    He paid a lot of money for it at the time, for the work that is on it, high 5 figures.
    LS

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like their surveillance was not working so they decided to shake the tree.........