Close

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

PC Mass Effect Series....

I dont know how I managed to miss out on this gem of a series. But ive been playing this over the past 3 weeks and I have to say, it has to be one of my favoUrite PC games of all time.

A really engaging story which multiple ways to play the game resulting in different endings and consequences. Mass effect 1 is pretty dated, 2 was probably my favourite - with 3 being the most graphically please. Bioware do an excellent job of really making you feel the consequences of your decisions. One of my decisions was to choose which race basically survived during a space conflict - the robotic Geth, or the alien Quarian's - fighting to regain their homeworld from the Geth attack. The decision I chose was for the Geth to become fully intelligent as a species - which resulted in the absolute destruction of the Quarians - which led to the suicide of one of my squad members, truly gut wrenching.

Would highly reccommend this series to anyone who liked RPG Multiple choice games.. looking forward to Mass Effect: Andromeda next year!

The original trilogy largely revolves around a soldier named Commander Shepard, whose mission is to save the galaxy from a race of powerful mechanical beings known as the Reapers and their agents, including the first game's antagonist Saren Arterius. The first game sees Shepard investigating Saren, whom Shepard slowly comes to understand is operating under the guidance of Sovereign, a Reaper left behind in the Milky Way tens of thousands of years before, when the Reapers exterminated virtually all sentient organic life in the galaxy as part of a recurrent cycle of genocide for an unknown purpose. Sovereign's purpose is to trigger the imminent return of the Reaper fleet hibernating in extra-galactic dark space, restarting the process of extermination. The second game takes place two years later, and sees Shepard battling the Collectors, an alien race abducting entire human colonies in a plan to help the Reapers return to the Milky Way. The final game of Shepard's trilogy centers on the war waging against the Reapers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Mass Effect Series....

Also a fan but didnt have enough time to do justice on the last one. Sure I will get round to it at some point.