Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: People who know nothing about computers

I had a neighbour complaining his wifi wasn't working a few months ago, he said he was getting the signal but not able to get online, turns out he had a router but no broadband or landline and apparently I was in the wrong for laughing at him

Thanks to casio

hoponbaby (4th December 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yep done this for years but now i just say it will be £50 minimum for an OS + driver re-install - no office etc. - they can sort that shit out
    I tend to keep images of their machines once i have done them now too so it takes a lot less time to re-image their drive rather than re-install everything

also another good little tip is to use ninite to install and update software
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

kroner (3rd December 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

One of our directors was trying to turn on a docking station with no laptop attached! The same director was having an argument with one of the support guys about what the front of the PC and back was. "All I can see is wires on the front of the PC", "OK, can you go around the back and turn on the power button then" was the guys response FFS.

Thanks to beerman

Mystical_2K (3rd December 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    One of our directors was trying to turn on a docking station with no laptop attached! The same director was having an argument with one of the support guys about what the front of the PC and back was. "All I can see is wires on the front of the PC", "OK, can you go around the back and turn on the power button then" was the guys response FFS.
    at work we currently have loan laptops that we let staff borrow (they all have a laptop but as if they could use their own!) to do presentations etc. we put HDMI cables, VGA, wired Mouse etc. in the bag for them
    one person at work rang me, screaming to say the mouse wasnt working (we put normal mice in the bags) and could i come over to take a look as we were making her look stupid now
    they had taken the mouse out of the bag, put it on the desk and tried to use it but wasnt working
    so i went over and plugged the mouse in the usb port and it worked straight away
    shame they did this infront of 25+ delegates
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12