Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Man arrested, council says selling free TV streaming boxes is illegal

the sign on the store front doesnt look like its going to help him in his defense, I bet he was one of those who used to advertise that he was selling ondigy goldcards

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Man arrested, council says selling free TV streaming boxes is illegal

Bit of a tool to advertise like that. If it was left generic it might not have been such a big deal. The claim that the equipment circumvents copyright is bull though. I have a PC - it has the potential to circumvent copyright - does that mean I'll be arrested.. I have a car that can potentially break the speed limit - will I now automatically get points every time I drive it?
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Bit of a tool to advertise like that. If it was left generic it might not have been such a big deal. The claim that the equipment circumvents copyright is bull though. I have a PC - it has the potential to circumvent copyright - does that mean I'll be arrested.. I have a car that can potentially break the speed limit - will I now automatically get points every time I drive it?
    Agreed it is a spurious claim as it has to be the manufacturers intention of primary purpose to meet that criteria not the sellers under UK law and a claim that android boxes primary purpose is to be used to circumvent copy protection is just bollox. You could make a claim of conspiracy to defraud or incitement to commit a crime if for instance you sold a hammer a perfectly legal and legitimate product but advertised it is a good hitting people over the head hammer and included instructions on how to hit someone over the head and the best place to find them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12