Close

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default The Beast Yet Again !

Does anyone on here use The Beast Build? (Windows) I'm beginning to think that this Chris B is not quite the ticket ! I'll explain ..............

For the past 8 Weeks I have not been able to update the build, no matter what's done, ie completely removing all reminants of Kodi and complete fresh installs, 14.2, 15.1 and even 15.2 versions and all do the same, you download the build through the repo, you can only do it this way now as he has removed all downloadable exe sources and forced you to update through the beast build already installed or the chrisb wizard repo, well that's all well and good if it worked ! there is an update almost on a weekly basis but when you try and update this is what happens, it gets to 100% download then starts to unzip the file, however it only extracts a few percent then stops ! you are then asked you to force close Kodi etc which when you do, nothing has installed/changed.

So my point is that I'm not the only one with this problem, seems like everyone else is also having the same issues but he's completely oblivious, if you look on The Beast forum located here http://www.thebeastkodi.uk/viewforum.php?f=28 you can see others with same issue but no answers, in fact the whole forum seems to be a wash with all and sundry trying to answer all sorts of problems without any input/explanations from the owner, so a new build comes out every week and the same old thing continues to happen, you can't update any other way other than through the build or repo, which doesn't work, a forum that he doesn't answer anyone etc ....

Is it Just me?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Beast Yet Again !

Yup. Best thing I did in fucking it off for a paid service. Far to much fucking about and constantly getting updated or errors.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks to BigBrand

NannaSue (28th December 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Set it to update it won't take effect but you have downloaded the file /users/yournamepc/appdata/Roaming/kodi/addons/packages/ should find the download there copy it then back up to /users/yournamepc/appdata/Roaming/kodi/addons/ and overwrite addons - media - userdata from the rar job done

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Set it to update it won't take effect but you have downloaded the file /users/yournamepc/appdata/Roaming/kodi/addons/packages/ should find the download there copy it then back up to /users/yournamepc/appdata/Roaming/kodi/addons/ and overwrite addons - media - userdata from the rar job done
    Been there before and looked for the download but it never exist ! I've done a complete search on the whole Kodi directory for zip/rar files downloaded and never found any apart from the odd addon update but certainly not the expected 500mb odd size build update, searched the whole pc also, in case it's downloaded to some obscure location ! : (

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lestronics View Post
    Been there before and looked for the download but it never exist ! I've done a complete search on the whole Kodi directory for zip/rar files downloaded and never found any apart from the odd addon update but certainly not the expected 500mb odd size build update, searched the whole pc also, in case it's downloaded to some obscure location ! : (

Regards
    I have no idea then that's the place it goes, don't forget appdata is a hidden folder so need to make sure you have set the PC to see hidden files and folders

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Dantrfc (25th December 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3...1.15.00.00.exe <-- download and run that should sort it

3 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Lestronics (21st November 2015),  robbo_27 (22nd November 2015),  tips (1st December 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

u can try deleting the repo and anything with it also delete the addons.19 file its in the database folder in ur app/roaming folder of kodi and then reinstall the repo that should get u back up and running...reason am saying this is last night same thing happenened so i did this from dicko the geordie and have kodi working fine again ....i like the spinz tv wizard if u wanna try that

Thanks to mrbongo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mrbongo View Post
    u can try deleting the repo and anything with it also delete the addons.19 file its in the database folder in ur app/roaming folder of kodi and then reinstall the repo that should get u back up and running...reason am saying this is last night same thing happenened so i did this from dicko the geordie and have kodi working fine again ....i like the spinz tv wizard if u wanna try that
    Thanks but Kodi and The Beast work, it just refuses to update The Beast from within ....... I understand the deletion of .19 and also .16 files but this is only if you are not getting any updates on individual addons !

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3...1.15.00.00.exe <-- download and run that should sort it
    Thanks for this, did you not provide this for me previously? I'm very grateful : ) as I recall it's only available if you're a Facebook member ! the exe file always worked and was available on pcriot site, till he removed all those options and tells everyone to update via the wizard that don't work, sorry back full circle ..... I refuse to have Facebook also, I guess the only options are Facebook, never gone a happen or some kind soul like yourself providing the exe file, not fair and selfish, so after this update if he don't sort it out it can fook of my system and I'll find something else. Incidentally I do realise that this is all free and he doesn't have do shit but it's the complete lack of support, surely he must realise things don't work, there's enough post on I'm guessing his is own forum to this effect.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lestronics View Post
    Thanks for this, did you not provide this for me previously? I'm very grateful : ) as I recall it's only available if you're a Facebook member ! the exe file always worked and was available on pcriot site, till he removed all those options and tells everyone to update via the wizard that don't work, sorry back full circle ..... I refuse to have Facebook also, I guess the only options are Facebook, never gone a happen or some kind soul like yourself providing the exe file, not fair and selfish, so after this update if he don't sort it out it can fook of my system and I'll find something else. Incidentally I do realise that this is all free and he doesn't have do shit but it's the complete lack of support, surely he must realise things don't work, there's enough post on I'm guessing his is own forum to this effect.

Regards
    Didn't link the exe as I didn't realise until I looked there was one for the 18th as there isn't often a exe for updates and I always update mine the system I gave via replacing files in the app data.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just tried the beast for the first time, installed the repo from the zip and I get 3 options when I go to video add ons and then the wizard, they are the beast, spartan and royalist but all 3 fail to download, just spitting up an script error before the progress bar moves. Is it working for anyone else?

Thanks
    Karma Level

well the The Beast is The Beast, the others I different variants. Don't know what version of Kodi you have but it is recommended that you use v14.2 Are you installing on a Firestick/Tv or PC version? if the former then you need to make sure that you have enabled ADB Debugging and ADB Uknowns Apps within the Settings/Developer Options Menu. also remember thgat should you eventually get thus far on the install Firestick/Tv then when you get to the force close bit at the end, just pull the power and give it 30 seconds, drastic I know, but required !. If the latter ie for a PC then download the exe file within this thread and run it and it'll install everything.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

I dont really have a problem with it but then i only use certain repos.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm testing on my PC, but I've given up now, got genesis and zeus to install and list shows but both are unbearably slow, if they even make it to a stream at all. Even Chinese channels are stuttering in 480p yet the wife's watching some Chinese cack in 1080p in the other room on genuine Chinese streams. fuck it, I'll just torrent stuff.

Thanks
    Karma Level

3 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Lestronics (29th November 2015),  sinister_monk (29th November 2015),  tips (1st December 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just install Wookie - much more support
    http:/wookie.metalkettle.co
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    Just install Wookie - much more support
    http:/wookie.metalkettle.co
    Nibb what's on offer with this package?

Regards

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The usual mate nothing special but there is a lot more support on Twitter from the developers
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks to emu

Thanks
    Karma Level

3 Thanks given to emu

justloco (13th December 2015),  Lestronics (30th November 2015),  NoelB (21st December 2015)  

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast