Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default anyone have a oneplus invite?

Just on the chance, cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: anyone have a oneplus invite?

Currently on open sale.
    https://oneplus.net/uk/blackfriday-2015

Thanks to chizh

Zippeyrude (30th November 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chizh View Post
    didnt realise, thanks !

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd noticed the option to buy it without invite myself yesterday. As such, I've just placed an order for the One Plus 2 (64Gb).

£289 is a steal especially if you see that the likes of Samsung and Sony etc. want £500+ for their phones. I'm fucking sick of 24 month contracts and seeing as I can get a sim only deal for a tenner per month (rolling) with 2.5K minutes of talk time, unlimited texts and 1Gb of data plus, keep my current number, it makes sense. To be honest, I don't talk that much on the phone anyway and I'm very rarely out of a wifi zone (so much so I rarely breach 500Mb data usage per month).

Thanks to dpSparhawk

Bilbo_baggin (1st December 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apparently Oneplus are offering a trade-in deal in India (which I understand has a separate selling structure) against buying a 2 or X phone. Gonna wait to see if they do something similar over here.

Have had the 1 for exactly the reasons dpS posted.

Regrettably, soft-touch that I am, I allowed my daughter to join the Apple-sphere 2 years ago and have now just renewed her contract for a 6S/64Gb. Next renewal, she'll be able to take her own contract out. Then we'll see how much she loves Apple products.

Thanks to chizh

dpSparhawk (1st December 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

My One Plus Two arrived and in less than a week as well. Pretty darn good considering their own forum advised a potential wait of up to 3 weeks.

First impressions. The packaging is seriously decent quality. In fact, far better quality than some of the big name brands. Solid box, vibrant orange, well packaged and absolutely everything spotless inside. Interesting that it doesn't come with a pair of ear phones but that's neither here or there. Got plenty of those.

Switching the phone on I was a little concerned about lack of colour depth (this had been pointed out in a review). However, I think this largely is down to the pastel colour image they use as the default background. A brief moment later and I have a lovely vibrant landscape (well, portrait landscape image if that makes sense) as my home screen. They even have a factory installed screen protector on it.

Haven't yet got my sim for it as need to contact V-mobile and get a nano sim sent. However I've set my Google account up on it and everything. Had to re-download all my apps as they were stored for my Sony phone. Took less than 10 mins for the lot. The phone is quick!

Spent the evening getting it all configured to how I like it. Wifi signal on it is SO much more powerful than my old Sony Xperia Z1 (that was utterly shite... along with the cell signal).

The charger is pretty decent too using the new USB C type cable which i really like. Kinda looks like a SATA cable. Only beef here is that the cable is very very short (3ft 'ish) and I'm going to have to order a secondary charger (can't be having just one).

So far so good, £295 delivered for a very decent spec phone and no bull-crap 24month contract.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the issues i have found were:

- fingerprint home button - sometimes unresponsive
    - 2nd sim card slot - when active it doesnt allow data from my main sim to be used, if i activate data on sim1 it shows sim2 but no network...

Thanks
    Karma Level

So far, fingerprint scanner has been responsive every time (well, except when I use my index finger on the other hand... )

I only have need for one sim so should be ok there. Will see how it goes. For half the price of a main brand, I can accept a few little issues. The big brands certainly have them

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quick update on the 1+2. Phone running great. My only gripe is the one charger and cable.... and when you spend 4 hours yesterday searching for your charge cable (which is USB-C) only to find the fucking thing had dropped into your PC (I'd had the side panel open briefly to check the CPU heatsink as it was getting a little warm), it's not the most pleasant of days.

One Plus have not had the charge cable in stock for months as I understand it.... however today, I checked and coincidentally, they're back in stock. So, if you own and need a second genuine 1+2 USB Charge cable, grab one whilst you can. I'm going to use the EU Plug they bundle in the box with an EU to UK adapter for when charging in the bedroom.

https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-micro-usb-cable

There are others you can get on Amazon as well. Old fashioned USB to USB-C and can be used with an "old" charger.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    - 2nd sim card slot - when active it doesnt allow data from my main sim to be used, if i activate data on sim1 it shows sim2 but no network...
    I've got a Moto G dual sim, same story. Was looking into a Lenovo dual sim but has the same issue.

For some reason it looks like there are a few Android handsets that will allow two SIMs, but only one of them can be active in 3/4G mode, the other SIM works in 2G mode, and I remember my 3 SIM wouldn't work in 2G mode in many areas.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OnePlus 2 phones are now Invite-free.

Bilbo.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I was considering one of these but picked up a Moto X Style instead and loving it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought Oneplus 2 but after 2 months selling it sick of the lag and poor response of the handset.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry to dig up an older thread but saves starting a new one. I'm looking at changing my iPhone 5 for a OnePlus 3/T as I believe newer 'T' set is due to be announced today. Anyone with a 1+ Phone that can recommend it? I regretted buying a Lenovo tablet due to its build/running quality and hope not to walk into something similar

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive had a oneplus 2 for over a year and love it

i have ordered a oneplus 3 and am waiting for delivery as we speak, for the money its an awesome phone!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can I ask what you had previously? My previous and 1st smart phone was the iPhone 3G which blew me away. Now after 5 years+ of owning iOS phones, it's time to change. My mrs has a windows phone and even she's been disappointed by it. The quality of the iPhone has been great and reliability too. Just too restricting. I haven't been blown away by Android but hope it'll grow on me.

I like the look of the OnePlus 3 and the concept behind it. Just don't want something that crashes, stutters etc or has a poor battery. My phones get quite a bit of data use in the day and wifi in the evenings, but little call time/messaging

Thanks
    Karma Level

iphone
    iphone 3g
    iphone 4
    samsung s4
    iphone 5s (sold sealed in box)
    oneplus 2...
    oneplus 3 soon

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right that speaks volumes if you went from previously owning iPhones and love the 1+

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

WTF?! That phone has more RAM than most of the laptops I've repaired lately. 6GB?! That's insane. Multi-tasking must incredible on it. Available on Contract with O2 (finally!)
    I'm happy with my S7 Edge at the moment, but have got to compare mine to this!

EDIT.
    Kin'ell, not a lot init at all! And for the price... dam!
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...nes/10017,9818

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    ive had a oneplus 2 for over a year and love it

i have ordered a oneplus 3 and am waiting for delivery as we speak, for the money its an awesome phone!
    After comparing the Oneplus 3 with the newly released 3T, I opted for the 3. I couldn't see what was worth £70 more really for an intermediate model. The reviews show that even though there's a higher capacity battery, it didn't better the 'older' model. I'm even happier as Ibmanaged to grab one for £300, put my £15 a month all you can eat data 3 sim in and I think I might have a good set-up as anything else!