Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Shit Four Tax Returns Per Year! Fucking Osbourne CUNT!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/four-t...ar-how-7034862

The Government wants self-employed Brits to file a tax return online, every three months. But they are not taking the news quietly

Thousands of self-employed Brits are urging the Government to scrap plans to make them fill in tax returns four times a year.

More than 43,000 people have signed a petition demanding a rethink, with strong support in Wales, Norfolk, the Midlands and Yorkshire.

Paul Johnson, who created the petition, wrote: “Each self-employed individual and small business will have the burden of additional red tape, accountancy fees and potential for fines.

“As a small business owner myself I already spend quite some time to get things in order once a year. There will be a greater chance of errors as well.

“At the moment we pay £1,200 a year in accountancy fees. This figure will greatly increase.”

And he hit out at the Tories, adding: “The Conservatives are not working for small businesses in bringing such legislation, but adding a burden.”

3 Thanks given to Mule

Ashley (19th December 2015),  burner1 (18th December 2015),  Over Carl (18th December 2015)  

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Four Tax Returns Per Year! Fucking Osbourne CUNT!

F*ck sake, yet another bill for businesses who actually pay there tax!
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

Avoidance may be the way forward for me then. Haven here I come.

Thanks
    Karma Level

They're just out to trip people up and 'Fine' them or sanction them. I'm currently unemployed and have found the DWP's so called Universal Jobmatch site is nothing more than a monitoring tool to spy on the unemployed. Cunts indeed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So they make a load of noise about clamping down on tax avoidance by big businesses but nothing actually happens. As usual what will happen is measures to clamp down on the small guy so he can subsidise the multinationals that can afford to wine and dine our politicians.

Is Haven an umbrella company? Name seems to ring a bell but I haven't looked at that kind of stuff for a long time. I tried using Gabem (another well known umbrella company) as they claimed to know all the legal loopholes to minimise liability. They managed to reduce my effective tax rate from 40% to 39.5% I remember being given details for another umbrella company based in the Channel Islands that was going to pay no tax, but took something like a 10-20% admin charge. Didn't go for that at the time as I thought avoiding tax wasn't the right thing to do, but if I was in a similar position again I would be looking into the legalities of it very closely.

Re: Universal Jobmatch, I read it will be scrapped next year as they realised what a shambles it actually was. I'm sure I also read somewhere there is some kind of free program/script that will automatically apply for a load of jobs on that site.

In my honest opinion, a legal challenge needs to be made for forcing jobseekers to give their personal details to fraudsters (as often happens on that site). Although saying that, when the Workfare scheme was found illegal, they just illegally changed the law to get themselves out of shit. Can't really win when you are fighting against a bent system in charge.

Last edited by Over Carl; 18th December 2015 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks to Over Carl

burner1 (18th December 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I meant a tax haven Mr. I disagree with tax avoidance and this isn't really an upturn in what you pay the government but four tax returns a year by an accountant will definitely mean an increase. One of my cohorts is in a good umbrella scheme at the moment that is getting him 88% of his earnings from the company. Naughty but if the big boys are at it and doing it a hell of a lot more blatantly then why the fuck not?

They might scrap the job match thing but do you think that will be it over with? One thing goes and two worse come.