Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Clone pc upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 bluetooth not working

Hi Everyone looking for a bit of help re a bluetooth issue that I am having. The situtaion is that I have a clone pc that I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I originally had bluetooth working in windows 7 but after going to windows 10 (about a month or so later) the bluetooth dongle died on me.

I bought a usbplugable bluetooth dongle think it was called and windows would not install the driver for it.
    I bought another bluetooth dongle and again this time it was a bluetooth v 3 dongle but again it would not install the drivers for it.

The problem then got worse as I tried to install microsoft windows 10 bluetooth drivers so now when I plug in the usbbluetooth plugable dongle it associates the dongle to microsoft driver but will not pair the device. Neither dongle will pair the device.

The usbplugable dongle will pair on a laptop but not on the desktop. The issue seems to be os related. There is an unknown device that comes up when you try to install the driver and that never goes away. When you go into the settings \ devices \ and scroll down it says the bluetooth v3 driver is unavailable and I suspect this is the reason why it is not working. I have tried to uninstall the device from device manager but makes no difference.

It seems the usb v3 bluetooth dongle does not have windows 10 drivers and the bluetooth v4 usbbluetoothplugable dongle equally displays a similar message about the driver being unavailable and wont pair or if it pairs then loses the connection / abilty to control the device (k810 keyboard from logitech).

Any help on this one much appreciated.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Clone pc upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 bluetooth not working

I think if I understood correctly the issues with the k810 keyboard was down to the dongle that you used. I had it working but it was on a very old bluetooth dongle but that packed up and stopped working which brought me to where we are today and my attempts at trying to find a dongle that would get windows to accept it but found that I have 2 issues at the moment.

1\ bluetooth is not working on my pc
    2\ k810 appears to need specific version of bluetooth in order for it to work and struggling to find that version.

http://plugable.com/products/usb-bt4le is the dongle that I have v4 that windows is struggling to install.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o03_s00 this is the second bluetooth dongle that I got which is bluetooth v3