Belgian Beers

Thread: Belgian Beers

Northernbloke said:

Default Belgian Beers

Why oh why do the Belgians make superb fecking beer and lots of it - got an afternoon off in Antwerp and currently getting mullered cos it's going down like pop and the weakest one so far was 6.7%abv - king size hangover and shitty flight home tomorrow coming up

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

doughboy said:

Default Re: Belgian Beers

I love a good Belgian beer, but yes, they're pretty strong. I have some nice glasses too.

I often visit Belgo even though they're overpriced. I had 3 bottles of Delirium Christmas on Christmas Day with the old man and it sends you to sleep lol.

Another nice few to try (not Belgian though) are Brooklyn Brewery's Black Ops stout (11.6%) or intense coffee porter(11.8%) - not cheap, but damn tasty.
    Last edited by doughboy; 28th January 2016 at 05:50 PM.

Northernbloke said:

I love decent beers - would much rather have a couple of lovely tasting trappist/abbey/belgian/lots of others than a skinful of shitty watered down fizzy UK pub shite

DJ Overdose said:

Delirium all the way. Fucking love it, but it's potent so only a couple or ur in trouble.

DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

bobo06 said:

Heverlee isn't bad smooth and not full of gas.

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

BigBrand said:

Derlierum Tripel, Gulden Draak, Kasteel are all lovely.

I prefer to drink less, spend more and it be on real beers than any UK shit we have for cheap. Jut so damn expensive

evilsatan said:

Whine cellar doesn't seem appropriate. My local town has recently opened a good belgian bar and another half decent one, love belgium beers. If I am with my ale-drinking mates in London we tend to go to the Lowlander as there are drinks I can have too as I don't like most ales...

Northernbloke said:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    Derlierum Tripel, Gulden Draak, Kasteel are all lovely.

I prefer to drink less, spend more and it be on real beers than any UK shit we have for cheap. Jut so damn expensive
    Amen to that - old age brings the quality over quantity into very sharp focus

doughboy said:

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    . If I am with my ale-drinking mates in London we tend to go to the Lowlander as there are drinks I can have too as I don't like most ales...
    Been there a few times with my brother.

Also De Hems in China Town and Dovetail in Clerkenwell. And if you get a chance to pass Borough Market, then pop into UtoBeer (beer stall/shop) as they have all sorts for sale.

I do love my ales too, am a Camra member, and can't wait till the Great British Beer Festival as it's the only place I can get a decent stout om nom nom

Squizza said:

Pah, you guys and your 7% or 15% beers... It is all about the Tactical Nuclear Penguin!

On a serious note, about 15 of us all had a go at one bottle, it was someones leaving gift. It is not the nicest thing in the world you will ever drink. Seems that they are targeting hipsters and selling slop from the bottom of the barrel if you ask me.

MHP said:

Does Stella count?

DJ Overdose said:

Does it fuck. That said it don't taste like it does in the uk as it does in Belgium mate.

DJ OD

funkyg said:

Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post
    Pah, you guys and your 7% or 15% beers... It is all about the Tactical Nuclear Penguin!
    Tried that, fucking horrible stuff.
    They've done a stronger one now though called Sink The Bismarck. 41%!!!!!

Nibb said:

Duvel - Hoegareden Leffe Brun or Blonde

Or Samuel Smegmas Old Trouser Wrinkler
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday — what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DJ Overdose said:

I'm currently in Prague so necking shed loads of Pilsner for about a quid for 50cl...

Better than the shite i was drinking in Italy few days back for 5€ If ur lucky for 40cl.

DJ OD