Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default newbie with no tech skills

Hi, recently bought fire stick with the beast Chris b wizard on. Total novice, thought it would just play but there appears to be lots that doesn't and I have no idea where to start, not very technical, for example anything with genesis doesn't play, I can't get. Sky sports or by spirt to play, lots of the section dont play. I don't know where to start to fix them any help is appreciated thanks

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: newbie with no tech skills

you need to read your welcome message
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

As above, then check out the stickeys and posts regarding kod/builds

I suggest you google "spitfire for kodi" that's a good firestick starter.

3 Thanks given to Mickey

4me2 (10th February 2016),  ladybirdking (11th February 2016),  Over Carl (11th February 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi, well I've now read my welcome message. Guess I need to say I'm 39, work in customer service. This is my first-ever forum, just here for advice , and hope you dont mind the silly questions as I already feel out of my depth. Thank you for the responses so far, get the feeling the fire stick I bought wasn't worth the money, so with a little help and guidance I'm hoping I can fix it and learn more about hiwbit works thanks

3 Thanks given to ladybirdking

4me2 (10th February 2016),  Lou_smorals (11th February 2016),  Over Carl (11th February 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like you, among many thousands, have fallen foul of buying a Firestick under the premise it's all free movies/Sky/Sports etc forever for no problems and just a few quid, when the reality is, it's totally not.
    The Firestick you bought is loaded with one of very many customised 'builds' of Kodi (a media centre) called The Beast and I presume the seller isn't providing you with any after care.
    I'm not going to go too deep into this here in the intro section - there are specific sections you can read here at DF. However, where you're at at the moment you need to either get onto Facebook and search Chris B The Beast and join that group. Someone might have the time to talk you through getting it going - it sounds WELL out of date.

My personal suggestion for someone like yourself that clearly needs a hand hold, is to join Ooberstick's Facebook page. He charges £65 for a loaded stick like yours but it's spot on, updated pretty much daily, everything works and it has around the clock support. As you already have the Firestick, he might give you the Ooberstick build at a reduced price - but he'll probably talk you through an install.

https://m.facebook.com/ooberstick

Your other option is to install Spitfire as Mickey suggests. This means you'll need to delete the shite you have on there now and start again from scratch. I'm not certain you're that way inclined, so you have some reading to do. Unfortunately, the Firestick buyers of late are coming into a World of tech they didn't even know existed and don't know their way around it. Unbelievably, someone tells them that for a few quid they can have everything for free at the touch of a button, with no hassles. It's snake oil.

You need to be prepared to learn some if you want to carry on with it. If that's not your thing (and you describe yourself as someone with no tech skills), then it's probably PayPal time for you again, and you need to join a group that will provide you with the tech support you need. Eventually, you'll see you can do this shit for yourself.
    Last edited by Zoots; 11th February 2016 at 10:03 AM.

6 Thanks given to Zoots

4me2 (11th February 2016),  beaconboy (11th February 2016),  ladybirdking (11th February 2016),  Over Carl (11th February 2016),  purpleanimal23 (11th February 2016),  Rhinoz (11th February 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

OR just search you tube for Kodi builds ....there are many step by step instructional videos of how to install a fresh build or single repo on firestick's ....You will be surprised how much you will know after watching a few of them .... just remember to get the most recent video's and good luck

Thanks to beaconboy

ladybirdking (11th February 2016)