Close

Thread: Greetings

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Greetings

Please give me a little time to make a m0re proper intro. It's very late so I'll come back in later on when I am more rested....thank you

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Greetings

Hi Von-zolta and welcome to the forum - I look forward to seeing your intro later - it's nice to have so we can get a tiny idea about you and your interests.

It sounds like you read the message you received when you signed up, and hopefully you have read forum rules.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome to Digital Forums

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thank you all for the welcome. I'm from Philadelphia PA and I'm retired so I have plenty of time to work out ideas on the computer as an artist and something of a computer nerd. I just got very interested in the ChrisB material and am trying to understand how it all works so that I can enhance my experiences on the Firestick and FireTVBox.

On that - I hope it's appropriate to ask a question in this post. If so - can someone here help me out with something? I am trying to doldrums the version of the Beast that has the ChrisB shortcuts as part of the menu bar. I had it on my firestick but lost it due to my own error.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I searched for an edit button. The word 'doldrums' was meant to be download. As long as I'm here I was trying to use this "http://chrisbwizard.pcriot.com/kodi/" in order to get the version of beast I want but when I searched out that link it said the domain is dead. I have actually been trying for an entire week to get the build. It was supposed to be in ChrisB's updated version on The Beast called 4.1 and I can't seem to get what I need even when I,installed that 4.1. For me it came up as a kind of bare bones build---nothing like what I saw here in a post made here in Sept 2015 by one of the admins - the founder actually. I tried following his instructions but when I tried loading the pcriot link into ADBFire it wouldn't go I'm guessing because they were outdated.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome aboard m8

We seem to attracting a lot of silver surfers at the moment

The intro section is just for intro stuff really, have a read through the Kodi section and post in there if your issue hasn't been covered already. If I remember correctly the address for the Kodi wizard you want has changed so you just need to add the new repo address to your Kodi install to get it working. I don't know it off hand but I'm pretty sure I've seen it here somewhere.

Thanks
    Karma Level

7es.....I understand. I just solved the issue. Problem was that I failed to do a 'clean-install' thinking [foolishly] that TheBeast -downloads would simply OVERWRITE the previous version, and they do not, of course.

Anyhow, I am exploring your site and it's the best of its kind that I know of....congratulations on keeping it clean and unencumbered.

Social Networking Bookmarks