Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay muppet

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ebay muppet

I'm selling a Crestron HDMI splitter on ebay and have had an interesting conversation with a muppet. It's up for £85 and this guy put some cheeky £30 and £50 offers in.

17:23
    Quote Originally Posted by ebay muppet
    Am interested in the Crestron, you have turned down both my offers
    swap for my new 4K action camera equivalent to Hero4 silver, with LCD, and WIFI etc and remote viewing 01332 XXXXXX Steve
    17:27
    The Crestron unit, can you give me a ring please as need to ask about its use as my solution ? need urgent response
    My reply at 17:55
    Hi, some very optimistic offers there

Sorry, I have no need for an action cam as I already have a go pro.
    If you can go to £75 I'll accept.

18:15
    Please make it £ 70 ? as am retired hence my previous offers. Action camera is hardly what I needed as a present at my age

my reply at 19:03
    Hi, thanks for the offer but £75 delivered is the lowest I will go.

At this point I'm off out, haven't changed the listing and have no phone signal so I missed everything until 10:30. Now he wasn't to know that but this is where it gets interesting.

19:10
    OK, thanks will agree that, let me do last offer and you accep on the ad please
    19:12
    I just did £70 as said plus postage and it rejected, so am stuck now
    19:55
    I GIVE UP, I agreed to what you proposed, and its stopped me from moving forward, as I enter £ 70 correctly and its stopped me from making any offers - I was accepting, but you didnt alter the system, and half an hour or more later and nothing from you to correct
    21:55
    Do you want to sell this or not ? as communications with you appear hopeless in last hour or so.

Have checked out the spec, and there are other similar products that meet my 4K needs, this model cant handle 4K, so its up to you if you cant be bothered to communicate. By morning I may be sorted. or will try an alternatives test with existing kit to my solution needs

I dont like being messed about, and withe advent of 4K you will never sell it otherwise. I dont mess about when I am willing, and seller isnt, just turns me off the person as not someone to do business with.

I cant do any more than send you this update as a reality check, and the silly predicament not of my making
    My reply when I got back at 10:30:
    I am sorry if I have a life outside of ebay. Unlike you I am not retired so don't have plenty of time on my hands to answer every single email within the hour. To be quite honest I think selling to you would be more hassle than it is worth. Your emails are rude and quite frankly quite strange. No one likes being messed around but you have to understand that most people do not sit glued to their computers, it would be a sad world if we all did. On the 4k issue, I think I'll take my chances. The only reality check needed here is your inability to be patient!

Have a nice day, hope you find a product that fits your 4k needs.

Nothing like , not bothering to amend your listing and leaving a buyer hi and dry. Am afraid its you who wants to take a deeper look at your own conduct, saying one thing and creating a bad situation by not following though with your stupid listing and amending it. I never did anything wrong, and you should have given me instructions that were precise and clear. Take a better look retrospectively, I have done nothing wrong , but wanted to address a HDMI problem hopefullt that that product would solve, and regardless of whether I was impatient or not, it was the height of ignorance to have left the situation like that, and sending repetitive emails. Wheres the courtesy in asking me to wait till you got back from the pub ?

You sound like you want to blame everyone else but yourself, and are just another one of those irresponsible young jerks who troll the internet and cant be bothered to have an alert system for emails on your dumb not so smart phone. Am a retired business person, but you sound more like the jerk than what you accuse me off.

NONE OF THIS IS MT FAULT !! and COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED HAD YOU BEEN JUST A LITTLE CONSIDERATE TO THE FRUSTRATIONS THAT YOU BROUGHT ABOUT BY NOT FOLLOWING THROUGH on the proposal. Am not going to hold my breath on any apology and correction of your ad and resolution as intended earlier. Think your ego wont allow you to do that , a pitiful trait in young people.

Am quite fussy as to the kind of person I deal with and give my money too, nothing rude about being totally frustrated and politely venting. The fact you didnt like that touched a raw nerve and created a further adverse attitude. Well done matey, surprised if you ever sell anything on ebay, as you simply do not know how to communicate with strangers, accept criticisms, or have the ability to apologise when told the truth. AM NOT A MIND READER !!!!, so live with the reactions you cause !!!

My reply.

I think my feedback alone says I'm not an ebay noob and have had successful sales in the past where people don't start getting the hump when I haven't replied within 5 minutes. You initially said "I give up" yet you continued on and started to spout some crap about 4k. If it's not what you are after then don't bid or contact the person selling. It's nice that you're a retired businessman, good for you, enjoy your retirement without getting into petty arguments on the internet.

Thanks for your time, now please stop wasting mine.

I told you it was an impulse buy and wasnt expecting it as a long term solution. Ideally would have wanted a 4K one, but Crestron dont make one yet. I would have bought but YOU are responsible for me not being able to follow through . I WAS NOT BEING NEGATIVE. but it was YOU who decided to get personal ,.......just for being told off with justification. My feed back is also good, but my experiences of dealing with you have proved nothing buth the opposite to your feedback so dont flatter yourself by excusing your pathetic conduct and jibes. You had the option of accepting the criticism and comments and apologise but decided to carry on with self generated actions that disguise your true conduct tonight.

YOU........were MY time waster BIG TIME !!!!!....carry on being dillusional, .......ACCEPT IT !!!! and the HUMILITY that goes with that, then I just " might " reconsider dealing with you as a changed man, my good deed for the evening LOL

You need a sale and blew it, wheras I have many options whether 4k or not LOL , what a loser
    My reply
    Lol, at no point did I get personal. I only said maybe selling to someone as unhinged as yourself wouldn't work out too well for me. I'm well within my rights to pick and choose who I sell to. More to the point I don't have to justify myself to anyone, let alone you. I've had to deal with a few keyboard warriors on ebay but none as rude and demanding as you, you truly have taken it to the next level.

If you don't like my conduct, move on to the next one like you said you was going to at 7:55pm. Here, I'm even giving you another option: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crestron-H...AAAOSwxcRW8xv8 Please bother them with your "I'm retired" sob story.

I'm not interested in working out any sort of deal with you now even at the full price. There is no way on this earth that I "might" reconsider. Oh dear, if it doesn't sell what will I do? I know, I'll relist it! £75 is hardly going to change my life.

Thanks for the life lesson oh wise one. I'll stay glued to my computer next time. As I said, if we were all like that the earth would be a very lonely place.

Now I'm off to bed, some of us have work tomorrow

At this point I'm considering the conversation closed. This guy just doesn't give up.

I dont like these situations , but if you were man enough to apologise, then would continue reluctantly to conclude this tonight, but am not bothered either way or desperate for this solution, as am exploring different ones at this point after buying a faulty setup that has gone on 10 days, and want to nip it the bud before the end of the week - of course you too would not have know that, anymore than me knowing boozing was your real priority tonight. If you come back fine , if not then will move on to my other options and not lose sleep on this failed purchase.

My reply:
    Move on, it's not happening.

Well the lesson you try to give was waste of your time and a good excercise in seeing human behaviour unfolding, exactly as expected,.....nothing surprises me about your poor response and failure to accept YOU was the cause of this failed sale. The Ebay offer system rejected your very own proposal, so how stupid is that as to your hand in all this A pathetic excuse as always in trying to deflect any blame. You should grow up fell and get a life. Now I have had this expected final response I can safely say stick your unit where the son doesnt shine. You are a real jerk if I ever saw one , and I dont need lecturing or alternative listings to buy elsewhere, as my other options do not require any outlay, and will probably achieve the end result all the same. You naively think I meant move on to the next seller on ebay LOL, how idiotic you are, when you have no idea as to the technical options I was referring to. All these units are way over priced regardless of yours being the cheapest and no one will buy them as they are too niche, and a little intelligent thought could soon work out alternative solutions at a fraction of the price .

What would change your life matay ? .....is looking in the mirror and see what sort of person you are, inconsiderate, offensive, and arrogant with an ego to suit.

Now have a nice sleep playing with your rattle as you really are like a child, with an oversized jock strap LOL . Two can play this game of insults, you had your chance and you are a born loser, in business you see loads all the time you are a classic loser mate.

No need to send more emails , have seen it all now ....... a no hoper, and jerk

So in short, I didn't receive any emails until 10:30 and by the time I read them I was already thinking this guy is an impatient cock hence my smarmy reply about having a life. I guess I'm a loser, after all someone on the internet called me one.
    Last edited by beerman; 29th March 2016 at 04:33 PM.

11 Thanks given to beerman

Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ashley (29th March 2016),  bobo06 (29th March 2016),  crazyal (29th March 2016),  DavidF (1st April 2016),  DejaVu (1st April 2016),  Detector (29th March 2016),  JonEp (29th March 2016),  Lou_smorals (29th March 2016),  Mr 250 (29th March 2016),  Over Carl (29th March 2016),  piggzy (29th March 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay muppet

You remained far more polite than I would have done. Being called a loser by someone who lives in front of a computer (the F5 brigade) would have been the last straw.

2 Thanks given to Gunnzie

beerman (29th March 2016),  Over Carl (29th March 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you did the right thing mate, if anything I would have fucked him off a few messages before you did.

You can consider reporting him for sending abuse via eBay messaging.

A few years ago I got a set of locks for a neighbour's Merc. Fitted them but the steering lock barrel had worn pins and the car didn't have corresponding wear to the housing for the barrel so once it was fitted, it jammed and key could not be turned.

Only way to remove it by destroying it. If I didn't remove it my neighbour would have been out of work , locksmith would charge a tidy chunk to pick the lock so I destroyed it and the seller didn't want to refund it.

eBay/paypal sided with him as I couldn't return it in the condition I received it. However we had send loads of PM's and the guy was making all sorts of crazy claims - staging I was a car thief trying to illegally change locks and he had reported me to the police, etc. After I spoke to my local police for and his local force I established he had not spoken to the police and I then contacted eBay who banned him from receiving/sending messages for 6 months.

So end result I got shafted for about £80, but he couldn't sell any of the other bits he had listed which was enough of a victory to satisfy me. Interesting co-incidence is that fella also seemed to be retired. Hopefully we won't all end up like this.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 29th March 2016 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks to Over Carl

beerman (29th March 2016)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

give me his number
    A wise man once said " "

4 Thanks given to Detector

beerman (29th March 2016),  JonEp (29th March 2016),  Lou_smorals (29th March 2016),  stevo25 (1st April 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's because of cock suckers like this I sell as little as possible on eBay now.
    I've had quite a few in the past, nothing as bad as this one though.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    give me his number
    lol, it's ok. I have his hotmail address too

Thanks to beerman

Detector (10th April 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

What a tool - I'd have lost my rag way before - you must have a very long fuse.

For me, Gumtree is just as bad - the amount of arseholes that ring up offering hilarious amounts of money. I put my Oneplus on Gumtree and I had it up at £175 - I then had a text that offered me £50 for it.
    He ended the text with something like "I can be there in 10 minutes with cash in hand."

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    What a tool - I'd have lost my rag way before - you must have a very long fuse.

For me, Gumtree is just as bad - the amount of arseholes that ring up offering hilarious amounts of money. I put my Oneplus on Gumtree and I had it up at £175 - I then had a text that offered me £50 for it.
    He ended the text with something like "I can be there in 10 minutes with cock in hand."
    Corrected for you
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

4 Thanks given to Lou_smorals

crazyal (30th March 2016),  Detector (29th March 2016),  piggzy (29th March 2016),  stevo25 (1st April 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

OC how do I go about reporting him? I can only find a link to report people who have purchased something off me in 90 days.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

gimme his number mate, I'm not going to ring and threaten like a sad wanker keyboard warrior but I can subscribe him to midgets uk, dutch midgets and tranny midgets
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    OC how do I go about reporting him? I can only find a link to report people who have purchased something off me in 90 days.
    IIRC, last time I was lucky - when I complained to PayPal about their decision they didn't change their minds, but they offered me a link or told me how to make the complaint. Sorry but this was about 5 years ago.

Just quickly looked on the net and found these links, however I've realised in my instance the person was making very serious allegations and threats (totally unfounded) so I'm not 100% if these are applicable.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html
    https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Buyi.../qaq-p/1622353

Thanks to Over Carl

beerman (29th March 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You know what, I've given up on comms long before it getting to where it did. Ur far more patient than the average so fair play mate!

What a clown.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Id reply telling him that at least you can spell.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just reply saying sorry there is no one in to take your email right now. Please leave a message after the beep.

If you are lucky, and by the looks of it it's definitely possible, he'll be stupid enough to sit there waiting for his computer to beep.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    I think forum members could have some fun here and have another epic thread, why dont we all list the same item on ebay for £70 or best offer and all ignore his messages.
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

6 Thanks given to Lou_smorals

ap0c (30th March 2016),  Ashley (30th March 2016),  beerman (30th March 2016),  Mobileman (31st March 2016),  Mr 250 (30th March 2016),  Zoots (30th March 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i would have replied one last time to point out theirs a huge different between "Son" and "Sun" and asking you to shove it where the "Son doesn't shine" does not make sense, but that's just me
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    i would have replied one last time to point out theirs a huge different between "Son" and "Sun" and asking you to shove it where the "Son doesn't shine" does not make sense, but that's just me
    Also a huge difference between there's and theirs.

EDIT: (sorry Mystical)
    Last edited by Clubber Lang; 31st March 2016 at 10:09 PM.

4 Thanks given to Clubber Lang

beerman (31st March 2016),  DJ OD (1st April 2016),  Mystical_2K (31st March 2016),  piggzy (31st March 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

He must be a Nutter.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    Also a huge difference between there's and theirs.

EDIT: (sorry Mystical)
    its fine.....................really
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

DJ OD (1st April 2016)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Way to much patience!
    He already admitted yours was cheapest (and possibly one of only a few available in the UK) and still wanted to syphon off another fiver... and got the hump when you agreed to it. Bellend!
    Last edited by DejaVu; 1st April 2016 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks to DejaVu

gingerninja (3rd April 2016)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast