Recommend a smoker

Thread: Recommend a smoker

  1. TJB's Avatar

    TJB said:

    Default Recommend a smoker

    I've got £150 of Argos vouchers burning a hole in my pocket and was thinking of getting a BBQ smoker. There are a few on the Argos website such as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. I was wondering whether anyone had any experience using these or if they can recommend anything else. Has to be from Argos though.

    Thanks
     
  2. rgb1's Avatar

    rgb1 said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    Before spending £150 look into building a UDS (ugly drum smoker)
    I got hold of a stainless steel drum (but you can use a normal one) and it knocks out cracking grub.
    Then you can use ya vouchers for something else.
     
  3. hoponbaby's Avatar

    hoponbaby said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    I keep looking at various oil drum ones and really want to make one!
     
  4. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  5. bobo06's Avatar

    bobo06 said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    I was thinking about this the other day.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.
     
  6. TJB's Avatar

    TJB said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    Fuck me, I can nick practically all that from work!
     
  7. akimba's Avatar

    akimba said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    I would recommend me missus then she can go thru 20 a day easy ;-)
     
  8. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    Make sure you a sure you're gonna build one else you'll end up with a smoker like mine.



    I only got to the burn out phase and need to finish it
     
  9. ZX7R's Avatar

    ZX7R said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    To be honest, I would not get any BBQ smokers from Argos. They all look naff and I doubt they will maintain temps well over the long periods you'll need to hot smoke meats.

    Good UDS guide: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I recommend that you save and fork out for a ProQ or Weber Smokey Mountain unit.
     
  10. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    Quote Originally Posted by ZX7R View Post
    To be honest, I would not get any BBQ smokers from Argos. They all look naff and I doubt they will maintain temps well over the long periods you'll need to hot smoke meats.

    Good UDS guide: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I recommend that you save and fork out for a ProQ or Weber Smokey Mountain unit.
    I saw the large ceramic egg type ones in Costco, are they any good?
     
  11. Lou_smorals's Avatar

    Lou_smorals said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Make sure you a sure you're gonna build one else you'll end up with a smoker like mine.



    I only got to the burn out phase and need to finish it
    Hi
    Is that Eglu go being used? cheap?

    many thanks
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP
     
  12. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou_smorals View Post
    Hi
    Is that Eglu go being used? cheap?

    many thanks
    LS
    I stopped using it about a month ago as was getting rats from the railway constantly.

    They are great I've had that one about 3 years.
     
  13. Lou_smorals's Avatar

    Lou_smorals said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    Hi
    I have a Eglu cube but looking for a small one for introduce new girls or quarentine.
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP
     
  14. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou_smorals View Post
    Hi
    I have a Eglu cube but looking for a small one for introduce new girls or quarentine.
    LS
    To be honest mate I want rid of it, it's got the extended run and what not.

    I'm going on holiday tomorrow but when I'm back I'll sort it out and pop it in the BST forum for you.
     
  15. ZX7R's Avatar

    ZX7R said:

    Default Re: Recommend a smoker

    Yes, the Komodo's? Pricey but good all-rounders. Great for grilling and smoking. Heavy and quite fragile though.