Hi,

I am currently trying to fix a friends Mio Spirit 6970 LM Sat nav. He said he was having trouble with the device freezing and when he tried to update the device his home computer would freeze. I said i would take a look at it and i'm sad to say its giving me the run around too.
The device when booting gets as far as the load maps screen and then freezes. I have checked up on the Mio website and they say this is caused by not updating the software. So following their advice i booted the software and plugged in the sat nav however the MioMore software then starts to try and sync to my computer. The sync fails because there is not enough space on the device (i have several gigs free on my computer so i assume its referring to the sat nav itself) so i go into the sat nav folder and delete the POIs (points of interest) as this may be hogging all the data. I reboot the sat nav only to be told the same message again, so i cancel the sync and instead try to do the update. I get as far as the agree to terms and conditions however upon pressing next the Miomore software freezes. Now if i don't sync and don't update, after trying to get into the my mio tab (actual connection to the sat nav) the software freezes again.
Now i have a lot of patience so i thought it would be fine, i have tried just about every method i can think of even deleting the software off of the sat nav only to find when i reconnect it to the computer the software has magically reappeared. So i gave up and phoned the helpline from Mio themselves...
They told me to format the sat nav and then reload, but Windows 10 gets all the way to the end and then says it cant complete the format. However when then plugging in the device it got to the update point and updated only to have not updated and be exactly the same as it first was...
Any help would be greatly appreciated as its out of warranty and i don't think my friend would appreciate me jumping up and down on it in frustration. Thanks!