Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hisense H55M3300 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV

Mine arrived on Friday Evening at 19:30pm right out of the blue, so much for the estimated delivery of Saturday the 13th and the courier will contact you to arrange time for delivery, well that never happened, just as well I was in !!!

Installed today and I've been having a play, the user manual supplied is about as much use as to having a fork and eating a bowl of soup with it ! doesn't explain anything and you just might as well throw it away, I feel sorry for anyone that is not technically minded.

I can confirm that there is indeed an inbuilt Satellite receiver and there are options to scan frequencies on various Satellites such as 28.2E (Where Sky and Freesat lurk) 19E, 13E etc ..... Having said that it doesn't store them in any logical order and it also mixes in with all the Terrestrial channels of freeview, but If you have time and patience to do loads of editing then go for it, I personally think that this side of things is a load of shite !

Setup was relatively easy, but as I said above, you'll get no help from the user manual. Had a look at some 4k content on youtube via a wireless connection and I have to say the picture quality is stunning. I connected a 500gb Toshiba usb portable drive to try the record function, this is absolute shite and needs some attention from the manufacturers big time. To schedule anything you have to do it though the epg, ok no big deal but here's the big problem, I scheduled something through the epg and thought right I'm going to switch from tv mode to hdmi input (I have a Yamaha AV Receiver with various goodies connected) and browse the internet, well whilst browsing up pops the screen and advises me that the recording is going to start, great I thought and you get the options to continue or cancel, so I chose continue with recording, only problem is it then changes you to that channel and if you select no it won't record ! what a crock of shit set up that is ........

Edit: Oh and if you know anything about ARC (Audio Return Channel) well it's only on HDMI 2 input, most people would just connect to HDMI 1 as I did initially.

Regards
    Les
    Last edited by Lestronics; 10th September 2016 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hisense H55M3300 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV

No comments on my previous post? anyway just so as you know there is a new firmware out G04.22.-G0.901 it was available for the French for sometime on various French forums prior to the UK release, I did that update last week as it was going to be the same anyway. Enables HDR over HDMI. Youtube performance enhancements, Improved EPG performance and some minor bug fixes.

Regards
    Les

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12