Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Newbie A big Hello from the UK!

Hi all,

Perhaps 'Newbie', was the wrong 'Post Icon', considering my past, but it will suffice for now!

I did join, after seeing a link from Google on a subject I been looking for an 'answer' for over a year, so waiting for the links to appear for a few more days or weeks, and even if the thread is even got the latest - well, I'll wait and see!

A bit about me.. if the admins can see my DOB then they will know straight away I'm not young by a long way. I also used to write modifications for vBulletin forums, IP.Board, etc. The admin's username 'Raptor', I think I've seen you posting on vBulletin. On vBulletin.org I used the username syrus.xl - it was originally under Syrus XL Media, which I used for developing Flash games and custom coding for many other vBulletin websites.

I am not your average guy by a long way, obviously there is certain areas that I am not allowed to post about, that is what NDA's are for!

I am a knowledgebase of information, because of my background over the years is very diverse, not just in coding and design, but working for Web Hosting Companies in the USA via remote from the UK. I have worked for many companies from developing Prototype Thermocouple Digital measuring equipment to setting up servers for shared, VPS's and dedicated servers!
    But I have studied many other University courses from Digital Anthropolgy, Cyber Security (backed via GCHQ, UK), Forensic Science, UK politics, Digital Art, Creative Coding (Monash University in Australia - Creating artwork from code!), Neurology, etc.

If you need any advice, just let me know!

Many people ask why I have done so many University courses, it's simple - at my age, I like to keep the 'grey' matter going!

All the best from the,

Black Oracle

9 Thanks given to Black Oracle

Ashley (29th May 2016),  DejaVu (29th May 2016),  EvilBoB (31st May 2016),  Ganty (30th May 2016),  ilscuro (30th May 2016),  Lou_smorals (28th May 2016),  Nibb (30th May 2016),  Northernbloke (29th May 2016),  ptm (30th May 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: A big Hello from the UK!

Hi M8
    Welcome to forum - great intro.
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks to Lou_smorals

Black Oracle (30th May 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome to the forum. Look around and chip in where you can.

Be sure to read the rules and enjoy your stay

Thanks to AP0ll0UK

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_smorals View Post
    Hi M8
    Welcome to forum - great intro.
    LS
    Quote Originally Posted by AP0ll0UK View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Look around and chip in where you can.

Be sure to read the rules and enjoy your stay
    Thanks guys! I already read a few posts regarding the Rules, I have done many myself for forums over the years - always having to modify them when you get the odd PITA! lol

What I've been reading so far is quite good, I have added one post on another category. I'm known for my long posts, I tend to write long posts to one-liners... that started when I used to write PDF's for how to install my modifications, so it was an aid to give the modifications a professional look and feel.

Thanks for the welcomes, much appreciated!

Thanks to Black Oracle

jaygo (30th May 2016)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome to digital forums

Thanks to Mickey

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It would appear you are going to fit right in. Welcome A-Board.

Thanks to DejaVu

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Welcome to digital forums
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    It would appear you are going to fit right in. Welcome A-Board.
    Thanks guys! Much appreciated from the UK!

I just posted a fairly large article on Browser Security, what changes to make and included instructions for most browsers, to beef up your security, which includes my add-ons!

It seems strange being new on this forum, from what I've seen it looks fairly good covering a wide range of subjects, which is good for SemRush Metrics and ranking. The strange part about me is I'm a Guru on the UK's largest patient website, offering medical advice on numerous illnesses, disabilities and benefits. Then I'm a Content Manager for VirginMedia forums, which you cover on here as well. With that on my side I can show many people with cable modems and TiVo, and how to get ways of combining methods used. I'm looking forward to the 360Mb downstream and 20Mb upstream, which is due out later this year! Virginmedia is so far in front with technology, it will be surpassing any speeds in the world. 1Gb downstream is already being trialed, along with 1.5Gb downstreams. Now that will mean my network card will need upgrading, I can handle 1Gb now, and 4k streaming over 360Mb downstream - but companies like Sky and BT are being left behind.

It seems a very nice crowd on this forum, I wasn't actually looking for a forum to join, but this one caught my eye yesterday, so I had to register!

If I do not answer PM's straight away, it is usually because I'm busy! But I tend to cover all forums everyday, so this is just another in the list!

Some of the terms I use may seem strange, but they can be found on Google, others may take some finding because I use old terms. The term payload has two entirely different meanings, one is the full datagram of a email received, but the other is the payload from a Trojan drop!

ATB..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This ain't Breamy is it? [emoji23][emoji16][emoji16]
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks to Nibb

grrrd (30th May 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

So what tit bits can you disclose to us about GCHQ ??? Are they the cunts we all think they are?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    This ain't Breamy is it? [emoji23][emoji16][emoji16]
    Must never let it be forgotten that that particular ex-member owes me £7. The damned principle of it 👍
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks to beansontoast

jaygo (30th May 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    Must never let it be forgotten that that particular ex-member owes me £7. The damned principle of it [emoji106]
    I'm not going to bring up the rock band incident again and the fishing forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi guys,

'Breamy' I don't even know the user! Even this forum is new to me. Found by mistake, but a very interesting mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    So what tit bits can you disclose to us about GCHQ ??? Are they the cunts we all think they are?
    Ironically, I live about 5 miles away from the main GCHQ Europe - looks like a huge spaceship on Google Maps. I have no idea, what they do at that one. There is one in Cornwall that a 45 degree 'sniffer' checking all data coming in and out of the country. But, in Cornwall is the main undersea internet cables across the ocean to the US. That is something I've never looked up, where all the lines are globally worldwide!

The actual course was endorsed by GCHQ, they don't inform you of anything special, if you have a good knowledge of the internet. Besides you probably heard Osborne say he was investing £20 million in to training new staff for GCHQ. But that makes no sense when the ECHR are supposed to be taking over all security.

Seriously, I really didn't learn much on Cyber Security than I already knew, but then I know more than I should anyway! I had loads of students firing questions at me, some I could answer, but others I could not answer because instead of being a whitehat question it would be a blackhat - as if I would give them such information, on a Cyber Security course!

There was one guy on there that wasn't too sure about messaging me, in case I traced him to where he was in the world! I said 'Oh, that cannot be done!' - ok, I could - I have the setup to perform traces on anyone, but its on a Virtual Box running a special version of Linux.

People these days are just oblivious to security, the Digital Pickpocket, or students you can scan from a mobile phone, and collect credit or debit cards, and pay for goods on any card you choose, no one is any the wiser on how it was even done!

There was a documentary which has been on Channel 4 before, where they offer students a free lunch for an experiment on their mobile phones! Of course the free lunch was just a diversion. In the room next door there was 2 whitehat hackers using a program (an older version to what I use), which showed all of their devices online which the students thought was normal, all logged on via a 'man-in-the-middle' attack. This attack is simple to do, even in a place like McDonalds, people are oblivious, that by accessing their bank or shopping online via a public network! The 2 guys came in the room and said to them, we noticed one of you went to Romania on holiday, and another went to New York, and we could even read your emails!! The students were shocked to say the least.

My wifi on my phone is setup only to connect to wireless at home, and not to use WEP, too easy to hack.

You would be better off doing a Penetration Testing course in Networking, if you know what your actually doing!

2 Thanks given to Black Oracle

Ashley (31st May 2016),  piggzy (31st May 2016)  

Social Networking Bookmarks