Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Reality The DF Cook Book!

Hi,

I had to look at this category, the only Cook Book I know of on the internet was the 'The Anarchist's Cookbook' - Obviously, not the same one! lol

I remember it being banned online, and I got a story behind this that I wish I had never told a certain individual about.

Back in the early 90's, we hired a House Alarm System - it used to be a ex-BT engineer that went on and started up his own business up, by Hiring out House Alarms. Because he was an ex-employee of BT and I was an ex-employee of doing contract work for BT, we got on very well, infact too well, now I look back to that period.

I have been into electronics and computers for over 30 years, built my first computer back in 1980 which was the Sinclair ZX81 with 1k of RAM, 3 lines of basic and HEX and you run out of memory!
    Anyway - this guy found me interesting in many ways, but what he really found interesting was that I had an IQ of 165, which was confirmed by MENSA, when I was 17.
    He said I am sure that is higher than Albert Einstein, whom was a Theoretical Physicist who was reported to have an IQ of 160. I told him, about the logical tests used in an IQ test, I may have had an IQ of 165, but Albert Einstein could also be clever than myself. Now, this probably doesn't make sense - but in theory it does. If you apply to MENSA and actually take a logical test, all members are given 1 of 5 logical tests, this where I think it is wrong - your IQ is measured by how many of the logical questions you get correct in a certain time limit. No one knows the truth about Albert Einstein's actual IQ test, and I doubt it even compares to the current MENSA tests of today.
    You've have probably heard of the expression 'an autistic person being clever' - if you look at the etymology of this term and where it derived from, you'll see that Albert Einstein was 'autistic' even with an IQ of 160. Many autistic people are very clever, but autism is so 'overlooked', so calling an autistic person name's to offend them is probably making you look the idiot.

Anyway, getting back on track, this House Alarm guy asked for the URL of the 'The Anarchist's Cookbook' - I really didn't understand the point to be honest, and this was around 20 years ago or more.

Then a couple of years ago, we seen on the news, that 2 large areas in the town nearest to us was evacuated, the police had arrested 2 people, and said they were helping with enquires - standard procedure in the UK. But this was also at the same time when bombs were being found in many locations in the UK. My wife and I, didn't think nothing more about it, until the following Tuesday when the one guy had been charged under a Terrorist charge, then it showed a picture of him - I thought 'OMG, he's the guy that fitted our house alarm!'.
    This time they had found 4 bombs in his garden, and 4 more in a rented garage about 3 miles away! All of them were homemade, and the 4 garage bombs were highly volatile! The police had to blow them up (controlled explosions).
    It turned out that the guy had got divorced and was now an alcoholic, but also a very dangerous person to have walking the streets. I think he was given a 2 year sentence.

But it just goes to show, somethink you do in your past can - affect the future, without you knowing!

ATB.. and be very careful when you have two paths you can take in your life, taking the wrong one can cause drastic misjudgement!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The DF Cook Book!

IQ of 165 and work at Virgin? You Bransons handler?

Thanks to BertRoot

Over Carl (27th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for sharing. If I'm right, and I usually am, your tenure here will be like the life of a massive star, short lived and end in a spectacular supernova. I can't wait.

6 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

Black Oracle (31st May 2016),  Mule (31st May 2016),  Over Carl (27th June 2016),  plug1 (1st June 2016),  stevo25 (1st June 2016),  supraman54 (1st June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had a zx80 in 1980 and by fuck did it get hot.
    Not hot enough to cook an anarchist tho.

I'm sure you are not the only member here with a high IQ, so try not to ruffle any feathers with your glory stories.

My only request is you keep posts actually relevant to the section ur posting in, rather than a sub forum that happens to seem suitable to the post.

DJ OD

2 Thanks given to DJ OD

Black Oracle (1st June 2016),  Over Carl (27th June 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What the shit?

Are you telling us you're autistic in a really long and roundabout way in the wrong section?

I used to be mod of this section and your post saddens me. Can a mod move it please?

Thanks to Mule

Over Carl (27th June 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    IQ of 165 and work at Virgin? You Bransons handler?
    BT. Not Virgin.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Me, work for Virgin!! No way! They are just my ISP, nothing else - apart from I beta-test new products for them - but there is a load of us doing that! I used to do contract work for BT, but that was wayback in my early 20's!

Besides, my IQ of 165 was when I was 17, not now - just because I do University courses doesn't mean anything.

But, my main OP was not meant to offend anyone, I have nothing to gain! I was merely pointing out about the 'The Anarchist's Cookbook' and what it can do to some people that know of it's existence.

I don't own a big car either! lol

Sorry, for going off topic!

2 Thanks given to Black Oracle

Ashley (1st June 2016),  piggzy (1st June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I seen the The Anarchist's Cookbook on Kodi, didn't even know what it was, so I didn't watch it.

I use the Wookie Build, which I find pretty good.

Thanks to Threatbot1

CzarJunkie (11th April 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Buhahahahaha, I like this bot.

Thanks to CzarJunkie

piggzy (11th April 2017)