Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sick A guy on Facebook tried 'grooming' my 15 year old daughter! Wrong person to 'Hit'!

My 15 year old daughter has numerous friends on Facebook, and she adds people without checking on them first. Well, on Monday a person called "Paul Gibson" added her and said he age was 25! - We've always told her, to be careful, so she called me to her room.

I said keep him talking for a few more sentences then appear offline to him. While she did this I traced his IP address, regardless of what chat people use, you still have the Windows command prompt. And by using it, you can easily log any ports being received data on!

So, I fired up cmd.exe in admin mode from the Run box and then entered netstat -a this starts logging all IP address coming in and out of the machines in Facebook Messenger. But if you want to track a person from any other messenger service like Yahoo, Skype, etc you use netstat -nbt

You will get a list of IP addresses, but one will start standing out from the rest which will be the pervert!
    Then just copy and paste it into a place like http://www.ip-address.org/ to find their location.

If you calll the police and you state you have a IP address that was logging all messages, they will probably want a copy for their records. The guy didn't even hide his real town, bloody idiot!

I hate these sicko's! - No one messes with my daughter! Hiding behind a keyboard does not work - this even applies to VPN's and Proxies! People think they are totally anonymous, that is a myth! It works with companies, but if a person wants your real IP they will gget through a VPN!

8 Thanks given to Black Oracle

akimba (22nd June 2016),  BigBird (21st June 2016),  Clubber Lang (22nd June 2016),  ilscuro (22nd June 2016),  kroner (21st June 2016),  Northernbloke (22nd June 2016),  piggzy (21st June 2016),  tshirt (23rd June 2016)