Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Its now or never for this fat bastard. Today starting a fast weight loss diet.

Started in the gym six weeks ago. Not going to overdo it like a couple of years ago. This time lighter weight/more reps and treadmill and cycling for 15 minutes each keeping my BPM at around 128 which is about twice resting rate. Only lost 4 lb over the six weeks but people are saying they can see I've lost some weight.

Today I started a diet that was recommended to me by a local boxer. He calls it The James Duncan diet. Its apparently designed for someone who needs to lose weight quickly for an operation. He told me that boxers will sometimes use it if they are overweight with a fight coming up. The diet is followed for one week in three. Makes it easier knowing that its only for a week then I can eat normally again (without the usual crap of course). People have commented that it does make you realise how much crap you are eating which helps to improve your normal diet and that it also shrinks your stomach so you don't go back to eating such large portions. A few have said that its the only diet they have tried where they haven't put the weight back on afterwards.

My current weight is 17 st 7 lb. Fat ratio - 38.9%. I'm told I look OK and its only my belly that is a problem. I suppose being 6 foot tall helps disguise what a fat bastard I really am.

So far so good. Felt hungry a couple of times today but not too bad. Keeping busy helps, so the house is getting a thorough spring summer clean at the moment. Will start on the garage tomorrow. Not a fan of fast weight loss diets because its not the proper way to lose weight and keep it off but could do with losing a couple of stone asap for the sake of my poor knees.

Anyone here heard of, or tried this diet? (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Its now or never for this fat bastard. Today starting a fast weight loss diet.

Sounds like you just need a steaming great shit to me.

Thanks to piggzy

BigBird (29th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Its now or never for this fat bastard. Today starting a fast weight loss diet.

Day Breakfast Lunch Dinner
    1 1 slice dry toast

with 1 gilled tomato OR tinned tomatoes
    Fresh fruit - any amount 2 hard boiled eggs

Salad & grapefruit
    2 Grapefruit

1 boiled egg
    Grilled chicken with tomatoes

Toast
    Grilled steak

Salad
    3 Grapefruit

1 boiled egg
    Fresh fruit - any amount 2 grilled lamb chops

Salad & grapefruit
    4 1 slice dry toast Fresh fruit - any amount 2 hard boiled eggs

Salad & grapefruit
    5 1 slice dry toast Fresh fruit - any amount Fresh fish

Salad
    6 1 glass grapefruit juice Fresh fruit - any amount Grilled chicken

Carrots & grapefruit
    7 Scrambled eggs

Grilled or tinned tomatoes
    2 poached eggs

Spinach
    Grilled steak

Salad
    Their Rules

1. No alcoholic drinks.
    2. Permitted drinks: Black coffee, tea, lemon/grapefruit juice without sugar.
    3. No milk, butter or fats.
    4. NO EATING BETWEEN MEALS
    5. Abstain from all not included in diet. Eat what is shown or go without.
    6. ONLY DIET FOR ONE WEEK IN THREE - TWO WEEKS OFF
    7. No substitutes allowed. The basis of the diet is chemical, not the quantities.
    8. Lunch and dinner may be swapped but only on the same day.
    9. GUARANTEED TO LOSE ONE STONE IN ONE WEEK.

Here's the details for anyone too lazy to click through.

Reads like a menu from a shitty airline or something. I'd be interested to hear on the results, I'm guessing a chap of 17 stone is used to more than a bit of dry toast for breakfast so it's gonna be tough to change. If I could dump a couple of stone in a few month I'd be thrilled.

Thanks to {{909}}

BigBird (30th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

bet you cant wait for day 4...

on a serious note, good luck mate, most of us struggle with weight - will power and lifestyle choice, easier said than done...

Thanks to Zippeyrude

BigBird (30th June 2016)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

1. No alcoholic drinks. Fuck that, glad I did the 5-2 diet and lost over 3 stone

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks
    Karma Level

No way would I do that fucking diet. Grapefruit would have me fucked on the first bite.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

1 egg and a grapefruit for breakfast this morning followed by a cup of green tea (no milk or sugar). Gave up sugar in my tea six months ago. Tried previously to cut down from two to one but didn't work. Stopping altogether was difficult for the first month but stuck with it because I needed to get used to the taste. After a month I started enjoying my tea without sugar and now I can hardly drink tea with sugar because it tastes way too sweet. Also stopped putting sugar on my weetabix so tasted the actual weetabix for the first time in my life. Its actually quite nice; tastes sort of wheaty.

Today not looking too bad: Grilled chicken with tomatoes AND toast for lunch. Grilled steak and salad for dinner. Thats a fucking banquet compared to what I've got for day 4.

Being realistic I think at least half of the weight loss this week will be water. Seem to be pissing a lot more often so the body is getting rid of excess water to keep the correct water/salt balance. No processed food in this diet so it makes sense. Processed foods contain way too much salt and I'm used to adding more as well. The body fat % should give me a better indication of actual fat loss. Have taken body measurements as well and taken photos, which I won't be posting here. I'm keeping them for my 2018 top selling book - 'Fat Bastard to Babe Magnet'. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stopped (added) sugar in my diet about 15 years ago. If the Mrs stirs her tea before mine I can taste the sugar a mile off and can't even drink my tea. Now I fucking hate sugar.

I do find every now and again I get the shakes and need something a bit sugary then all is well again.

I am not the healthiest of eaters though, just never had a sweet tooth. I do need to reduce processed shit and go through stages of eating really healthy then without realising I am eating poorly again.
    I think my issue is I seem to have invented a new meal just before bed and all I really need to do is ditch that. I will do something eventually ;-)

Thanks to piggzy

BigBird (30th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Being realistic I think at least half of the weight loss this week will be water. Seem to be pissing a lot more often so the body is getting rid of excess water to keep the correct water/salt balance.
    I am no expert on these type of things, but I notice your original post mentions this diet is used by boxers to get within weight categories. I believe their general idea is to bulk up as much as possible, then dehydrate themselves to very unhealthy levels to be officially weighed, then restore their water levels so they are ready to fight again.

2 Thanks given to Over Carl

BigBird (30th June 2016),  Mule (30th June 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    I am no expert on these type of things, but I notice your original post mentions this diet is used by boxers to get within weight categories. I believe their general idea is to bulk up as much as possible, then dehydrate themselves to very unhealthy levels to be officially weighed, then restore their water levels so they are ready to fight again.
    May well be the case. I'm hoping it will have the effect on me that some have experienced on this diet in that it makes you realise how much crap you have been putting into your body and that it reduces stomach capacity so you feel fuller on less food. The only problem with that though is that you forget the bad habits and slowly drift back to the Pig you were before (no offence intended piggzy). (">

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This morning, sitting at the table staring at my breakfast on day 3 of my James Duncan diet, I suddenly realised my breakfast was staring back at me. With her stunning red hair, big bold eyes and plump pink lips it was love at first sight. Was a pity I had to eat her. O well never mind. Plenty more like her around.

4 Thanks given to BigBird

Ashley (2nd July 2016),  muttleymacclad (2nd July 2016),  piggzy (1st July 2016),  WRATH OF BOD (3rd July 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i would eat all that weeks worth of food in one day and still be hungry. How do you feel? you must have lost weight.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks to bbshark

BigBird (1st July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bbshark View Post
    i would eat all that weeks worth of food in one day and still be hungry. How do you feel? you must have lost weight.
    Lost weight and sanity !!!

Thanks to piggzy

BigBird (1st July 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bbshark View Post
    Will weigh myself in the morning to see what my half way weight loss is.

Have stuck to it rigorously and resisted all temptation even when I cooked a dinner for my girlfriend and yesterday when my daughter called with a curry and a pack of chocolate eclairs. Actually I haven't been tempted at all and am finding it really easy. I think it must be down to the fact that my mind is really tuned in to doing this. It also helps knowing that its only for a week. Already starting to realise how much I was eating for pleasure rather than eating what my body needed to survive and stay healthy. Apart for the first day I haven't felt hungry at all and am really enjoying the meals. Even starting to get used to tea without milk.

Had a big bowl of fruit for dinner and looking forward to a couple of Lamb leg steaks with salad and grapefruit later on. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

It really doesn't look like much food mate - just make sure to closely monitor how you're feeling. I know that if I ate that little I would start to get a headache, and I'm about the same size as you.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Thanks to flumperino

BigBird (1st July 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    It really doesn't look like much food mate - just make sure to closely monitor how you're feeling. I know that if I ate that little I would start to get a headache, and I'm about the same size as you.

Good luck, keep us posted.
    Had a slight headache the last two evenings but I put that down to the cold I have at the moment or maybe slightly dehydrated. The diet tips do say to drink water if you feel hungry but I haven't been feeling hungry so haven't been drinking much. I am now drinking more water today though just to make sure I remain fully hydrated and so far so good - no headache. Feeling more awake and energetic if anything. Girlfriend staying over tonight so maybe I should warn her to be ready to call an ambulance if I collapse before our usual three hour sexercise session. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

What is it in Grapefruit then. It is featured very heavily in this diet, so is it good for flushing you out, giving you some vitamin etc Or is it just to really fuck anyone off for doing this diet.

Wales 0 - 1 Belgium
    Last edited by piggzy; 1st July 2016 at 08:17 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    What is it in Grapefruit then. It is featured very heavily in this diet, so is it good for flushing you out, giving you some vitamin etc Or is it just to really fuck anyone off for doing this diet.

Wales 3- 1 Belgium
    I was told it was something to do with the acid intake from the Grapefruit and tomatoes.

I see what you did there with the Wales Belgium score in small print when Belgium were ahead. Well I've updated it for you.

Tonight's dinner was really tasty. Grilled Lamb steaks on a bed of salad with pink grapefruit. They complimented each other perfectly. (">

Thanks to BigBird

piggzy (2nd July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

If that's your tablecloth mate, you have bigger problems than your wasteline

2 Thanks given to flumperino

BigBird (2nd July 2016),  muttleymacclad (2nd July 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    If that's your tablecloth mate, you have bigger problems than your wasteline
    LoL. I was actually quite pleased when I found that tablecloth in The Range in Carmarthen. Was perfect for my retro look dining area. Wasn't my original plan but after I bought the metal lampshades to match the Duck egg Blue wall my mate commented that it looked a bit like our mate's antique coffee shop which has a 40's look to it, so I decided to go with a similar theme. Made my own twisted flex for the light fitting and ordered some retro style lamp holders and battens. Battens were around £5 each. When I think about the number of them I have thrown out over the years when rewiring houses. I could have now put them on Ebay and made a small fortune. Got to sort some pictures for the wall now to make it a bit more welcoming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast