I think I want to buy my first DSLR. I have had some great results with my Fuji bridge camera which I bought on here but would like to now try my hand with a DSLR.

Whilst I have the cash available to 'go big', I don't think I want to at this stage and have been looking at my options for a beginner level DSLR.

I would like to pick up a kit and would ideally like to be able to get the same range as my bridge camera, lens wise, which runs up to 300mm. I realise this will most likely mean two lenses for a DSLR, an 18-55 and one up to 300. I would like some form of image stabilisation nut I'll take advice on this vs price.

I initially thought Canon and can see there are some good deals around on the outgoing 1200D including 2 lenses here and there.

I have also looked at the 1300D and after reading some reviews I am also leaning towards a nikon D3300 with added lenses.

Are there any others that I should consider. Which would be the best for me as a starter kit ? If I enjoy it I will inevitably be moving up to the 5300/750D level of camera so upgrade path and lenses that can come with me when I change body would be an advantage.

Any help/advice appreciated.

many thanks,

malty