Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Selling Medium Range FM SpyBugs For Sale, runs off 9v battery, crystal clear.

Medium Range FM SpyBugs For Sale, runs off 9v battery, crystal clear. Once in place will transmit a signal over FM so you can use a small FM radio to listen in to the bug - wherever it may be.
    These are sold for fun only and not for use spying on people without their knowledge.
    better quality and sound than cheaper models.
    built myself from scratch

looking for £10 each delivered via 1st class recorded mail. just looking for enough to cover costs and materials.

I have 4 available....

all tested before I post them

det.

SPYBUG.jpg

Please note: this is posted in accordance with the section rules at: 20/07/2016 20:41 meaning non VIP's are not permitted to purchase or make an offer until 24 hours after this time. Full section rules can be found HERE please read before posting.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Medium Range FM SpyBugs For Sale, runs off 9v battery, crystal clear.

how long battery life do you get off a normal 9V battery?

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Medium Range FM SpyBugs For Sale, runs off 9v battery, crystal clear.

Depends on the battery, I'm using a procell and its been working 2 days solid since I started the test
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

its now been on 4 days, and only 3 left now as my sons nicked one for his box of bits
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What's the FM range on these Det? Also is the FM frequency selectable and does it use a PLL or something to prevent frequency drift? (">

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have not tested range fully but I set one in my room and went to the bottom of garden (long garden) and I picked up a good clear signal all the way down m8. I will test range better tomorrow.
    the fm frequency is semi fixed, it can fluctuate slightly but I don't currently add any selector to them although in future versions I will be doing. once its on and connected to a 9v battery the frequency should hold and be pretty stable (as long as no-one holds it). I can make a version that can be held but they will be a little dearer

these are something of a little hobby of mine and I plan on making bigger and better things.

my next plans are remote detonators and a deluxe version of the fm bug with frequency selector etc
    A wise man once said " "

2 Thanks given to Detector

BigBird (22nd July 2016),  stevo25 (22nd July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    my next plans are remote detonators
    LOL

Thanks to stevo25

Detector (22nd July 2016)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

just done a new fm spybug that runs off a CR2032 battery and has an off/on switch too. comes with 4 batteries, 1 in the bug and 3 spare - both brand new £12 delivered 1st class recorded
    Last edited by Detector; 22nd July 2016 at 02:47 PM.
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
    LOL
    I love home-made fireworks
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks to Detector

stevo25 (25th July 2016)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have 2 ProCell 9v batteries (brand new) for the first 2 people who want the 9v version I will also throw in a FREE procell 9v battery with the spybug worth £1
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can I ask what the freq is they are set to? U can pm me if its s secret

Living in london, there's not a lot of 'space' on fm...

Have you thought about 'upping' the project and doing a full on 5w transmitter suitable for say... Pirate radio? The 'engineers' from the stations I've been on make a fair few quid one way or another.

DJ OD

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

@djod, ill pm you mate with fm details but yes I'm thinking of doing some powerful adjustable frequency transmitters for such use as pirate radio etc.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post

Have you thought about 'upping' the project and doing a full on 5w transmitter suitable for say... Pirate radio? The 'engineers' from the stations I've been on make a fair few quid one way or another.
    Most of the pirates in London seem to have transmitters sophisticated enough to also transmit RDS data (seems to have been like that for at least 15 years). I'm guessing that would probably add a whole heap of complexity to such a project. In particular, the "normal stations" seem to be more likely to display static text, while the pirates seem to love scrolling text to advertise the station's name and phone number (I've even seen it used as advertising space to display a phone number for ticket bookings).

Spoiler:

This talk just reminded me of an old school tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHL0qpsd3rs
    Last edited by Over Carl; 23rd July 2016 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks to Over Carl

Detector (23rd July 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    Most of the pirates in London seem to have transmitters sophisticated enough to also transmit RDS data (seems to have been like that for at least 15 years). I'm guessing that would probably add a whole heap of complexity to such a project. In particular, the "normal stations" seem to be more likely to display static text, while the pirates seem to love scrolling text to advertise the station's name and phone number (I've even seen it used as advertising space to display a phone number for ticket bookings).

Spoiler:

This talk just reminded me of an old school tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHL0qpsd3rs
    Adding RDS shouldn't be too much of a problem because RDS encoder modules are available at reasonable prices. RDS data is sent from a pc to the RDS module whose output is connected to the FM transmitter. Data can also be stored on the module for continuous transmission without being permanently connected to a PC. The modules also support scrolling text. I think the difficult bit is the transmitter itself because you cant afford to have any instability causing frequency drift if using it to run a radio station. (">

2 Thanks given to BigBird

Detector (23rd July 2016),  Over Carl (23rd July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's the microwave units that are important for pirate radio or some other low range transmitter. Otherwise the transmitter and aerial will be gone in no time, and the studio raided.

Its the constant loss of equipement that leads to stations charging higher DJ subs and needin ad revenue to keep going.

A lot of stations are now online as a result. Pirate fm stations are too easy to shut down now, shame as they are way more fun than any online station. Even if only a handful of people listening! Quality will need to be good as ur listeners will be the car drivers. Plus people 'expect' things to sound good. Hell there was a station in the 90's broadcasting in mono but it was still popular!

The RDS thing is a nice touch, but not really a big deal. As said its just an add on unit.

DJ OD

2 Thanks given to DJ OD

BigBird (23rd July 2016),  Detector (23rd July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jesus brings back memories, used to make these with a mate when i was about 16/17

Thanks to Lighty

Detector (24th July 2016)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

snap lighty, just trying to get back into it again m8
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks to Detector

Lighty (31st July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

FM transmitter with a hole in the PCB and case so you can ULock it to a solid pipe near to the tower block lift shaft from which your pinching the power.

Microwave link to the studio in line of sight of the building. (Old hat with Wifi versions of the air gap now more commonly used.)

SOP

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good fun with these years ago.. used to pull into service stations etc. and 'tune' the vari cap into the same freq as the radio playing in the shop and shout obscenities into the mic

2 Thanks given to burner1

Detector (28th July 2016),  Rick Sanchez (19th August 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are there any updated versions of these and what sort of size are they please?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast