Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Scammed - AVForums Classified

My mums just gone into hospital and when I was dropping her off, her mobility scooter was stolen from outside admissions. I got a txt message some hours later from the fuckers who lifted it and they're only holding it fucking ransom. The cunts want fifty doubloons for it's safe return! I've got no option but to pay up, how else will my mum get home from the hospital? My mum has always wanted a Thrustmaster Hotas for playing Elite Dangerous, and I was going to buy her one as a get well present after her operation, but after paying the ransom I'll be fucking potless.

Donations for either the ransom or the Hotas are appreciated. My Paypal email address is babbastabber@ukip.org

4 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

DejaVu (9th August 2016),  foxy11 (3rd October 2016),  Ganty (7th August 2016),  ivrytwr3 (7th August 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Scammed - AVForums Classified

Bit of an update:

I have emailed and called 'Ben' - unfortunately he is not responding/answering.

I raised a claim with Paypal, but as expected because i chose to use PPG and therefore not covered. I escalated the claim as an unauthorised transaction - i have not received any goods.

I do believe Paypal could have quite rightly told me to jog on, but today i got a message from Paypal:

My claim was for £15, however, it appears my escalated claim went to the US dept hence why i have been refunded 15 DOLLARS! (works out at £11.17). I am not going to dispute this further as i think this is a goodwill gesture from Paypal so i will not push my luck.

Had this failed, my next option was a chargeback:

Chargeback lets you ask your card provider to reverse a transaction on your credit or debit card. You have more rights if you spend more than £100 on your credit card. Chargeback is not enshrined in law but is part of Scheme Rules, which participating banks subscribe to. Chargeback can apply if goods are damaged, not as described, or haven't been delivered.

How do I use chargeback?

You can ask your card provider to try to claw back the money you paid, or part of it, using a template letter to make a chargeback claim.

Letter to make a chargeback claim

4 Thanks given to ivrytwr3

DejaVu (9th August 2016),  lagigolo (7th August 2016),  muttleymacclad (7th August 2016),  piggzy (8th August 2016)  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123