Hi, I finally got round to swapping my iPhone 5 battery which had started to lose power and I had to charge it 2-3 times a day, though that is with lots of use. It also started to blow and pushing the screen out!

After browsing the battery threads in this section, googling and watching YouTube clips; I purchased one from eBay for £10.99 stating '100% ORIGINAL iPhone 5 Internal Battery Li-ion OFFICIAL Genuine apple certified' with tool kit. Good the battery took some convincing to get out! After 2 hours of very careful surgery it was all back together where I left it to charge for 8 hours as there was not enough power to start up. This morning I unplugged it and gave it a run. It started to drop down a few percent after 5 mins. By the time I arrived at work it had reached 70% with just a few internet searches. It was down to 57% a few hours later with
no use, and then went dead after taking some photos. I have since charged it and similarly again it dropped a percent every 20 secs when using some heavy apps. The percentage can drop over 20% in one go. Sometimes it will turn back on if I press the power button after a few minutes and show 50% and then shut down after a little use, wanting it plugging in.

i'm about to contact the seller but was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? I don't think I'd get away with using the old battery as it is like putty trying to remove it!