Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention samsung galaxy note 7 recall

So had my note 7 since Tuesday and not had any problems with over heating. But it looks like everyone is getting a recall over the coming weeks. Going to be bit of a pain in the arse but i think its best not taking a chance with it may as well take the replacement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37253742
    Samsung Electronics is recalling its flagship Galaxy Note 7 smartphone and said that battery problems were behind phones catching fire.
    The decision follows reports in the US and South Korea of the phone "exploding" during or after charging.
    The South Korean company said customers who had already bought the phone would be able to swap it for a new one.
    Samsung said it had been difficult to work out which phones were affected among the 2.5 million Note 7s sold.
    "There was a tiny problem in the manufacturing process, so it was very difficult to figure out,'' the president of Samsung's mobile business Koh Dong-jin told reporters.
    "It will cost us so much it makes my heart ache. Nevertheless, the reason we made this decision is because what is most important is customer safety," he said.
    The firm said it would take about two weeks to prepare replacement devices.
    According to Samsung, the phone has been launched in 10 countries so far but with different companies supplying the batteries.
    The recall comes just one week ahead of an expected presentation of a new iPhone model from its main rival Apple.

Analysis: Zoe Kleinman, BBC technology reporter

This is an extraordinary decision for a tech giant to make based on so few reported incidents - Samsung says it is aware of only 35 cases worldwide.
    It's bad timing so soon after a big product launch and especially given that Samsung's rival Apple is understood to be preparing to unveil a new iPhone.
    However, the firm says it has discovered a problem with the battery cell and is halting sales while it inspects its suppliers.
    People who have already bought the device - which is only available to pre-order in the UK - will be issued with a replacement.
    Stories about exploding smartphone batteries do make the news from time to time - lithium ion batteries are flammable but very widely used.

Reported 'explosions'

Over the past few days, several users have reported their phones catching fire or exploding while charging, and Samsung said it had confirmed 35 such cases.
    A YouTube user uploaded a video under the name Ariel Gonzalez on 29 August of a Galaxy Note 7 with burnt rubber casing and damaged screen.
    He said the handset "caught fire" shortly after he unplugged the official Samsung charger, less than a fortnight after purchasing it.
    Further images of a burnt Galaxy Note 7 were uploaded to Kakao Story, a popular social media site in Korea, on 30 August.
    A user wrote: "There was another explosion of the Galaxy Note 7. It was my friend's phone. A Samsung employee checked the site and he is currently in talks over the compensation with Samsung. You should use its original charger just in case and leave the phone far away from where you are while charging."
    Flagship phone

The phone was only launched on 19 August and has since then been generally well-received by critics and consumers.
    The Galaxy Note 7 model is the latest of Samsung's series of so called phablets - smartphones with very large screens.
    Samsung also added an iris scanner to the Note 7, which lets users unlock the phone by detecting patterns in the eyes.
    In July, Samsung beat expectations with record earnings in the latest quarter with strong smartphone sales helping the firm post its best quarterly results in more than two years.
    Samsung had predicted continued increase in demand for its smartphones and tablets in the second half of the year.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: samsung galaxy note 7 recall

And to think of all those no mark Chinese phones on Banggood etc.. which would sooner shut up shop and rebrand than issue an expensive global recall.

Gives me faith in Samsung.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll be awaiting my pre-order a bit longer than expected. Ah well it will be worth it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Only got my note 4 last christmas(still love it), but would grab a 7 at the drop of a hat. Don't know why(and we never will) but the 4's 3220 mah battery is just fine - why change it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had mine few days now, top phone but will be replaced by Samsung next week

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Got a note 7 and it is pretty great - coming from a note 4

No problems here will happily take a replacement shall try scratching my screen up etc before it gets replaced.

Thanks to prezzy

AP0ll0UK (14th October 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have Note 5, amazing phone, battery lasts all day, i was looking into getting note7, but now i will possibly wait for next one or google pixel.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by prezzy View Post
    Got a note 7 and it is pretty great - coming from a note 4

No problems here will happily take a replacement shall try scratching my screen up etc before it gets replaced.
    Haha no idea what I will get now to replace the note 7 - there doesn't appear to be anything else as good out at the moment / in the near future. Pixel XL seems vastly overpriced
    Last edited by prezzy; 12th October 2016 at 08:07 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

going to return my replaced note7 and wait until next year now until something better is out - back to my trusty old note4 until then

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

returned mine got the s7 as the wife was wanting it anyway. got £100 to the upfront cost. and im getting a refund for my case and screen protector from samsung.

Thinking im going for the pixel just going to wait till it comes out and see what its actually like first.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by prezzy View Post
    going to return my replaced note7 and wait until next year now until something better is out - back to my trusty old note4 until then
    So I never bothered to return my replacement, they sent me a free S7 Edge which is shit so I have just carried on using the Note7 - amazing phone and had no problems - I do have a custom rom on it so no battery usage restrictions.

Have read they are looking to imei block / brick them in the US but not seen anything for uk carriers - I guess I could just use my S7 imei and put that on the note7 and it would be ok - time will tell.

Thanks to prezzy

jaygo (19th December 2016)