Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Final Nintendo NX Design Leaked?

When it comes to innovation I really want to see the HoloLens in the real world.

So many potential applications not just gaming. Again it could bomb... BUT it really could succeed . Hope they don't let us down.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The WiiU was innovative, especially when you compare it to the PS2 to 3 to 4 but innovation sadly doesn't guarantee success. The WiiU had so many problems and while the Wii had a clear target, the WiiU was thrown out to make its own way it seemed and it only made it as far as the nearest pub.

I still have some faith in Nintendo, it's almost in my DNA to do so and I am sure there will be something great about the next console that will make me want to buy it.

This generation is the first generation since the NES where I haven't bought a home console and out of the 3, I still want to get a WiiU for MarioMaker.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are we talking innovation or experimentation. The Wii captivated the masses because of the wiimotes - nothing more. The WiiU is essentially the same console as the Wii with more power and a funky controller that works on some games as a second screen. I haven't plugged my WiiU in for well over a year now and even when I did play on it the only game that got a look in was Mario Kart which is a) fricking awesome and b) the only reason I bought the console.

I also own a DS Lite and a 3DS - both of these still get used quite a lot. Maybe mobile gaming is the way forward for Nintendo before they spank too much on R&D for consoles that are only as powerful as the last generation but priced like current generation.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah i have to say that I think the WiiU has some great games but I do have some problems with it.

Cons:
    - The interface is shit, no ifs no buts its just plain shit
    - The online experience is a joke, the Wii was bad and the WiiU is a step up but Nintendo really need to get a good online service
    - I dont like the WiiU gamepad for standard games (I use the Pro controller where possible) but for something like Mario Maker its awesome!
    - AmiiBo's - Got the Mrs the animal crossing Wii U game and a load of the AmiiBo's but didnt realise the game is just a board game using your AmiiBos - very shit but good for kids i suppose

Pros:
    - The games, oh the games!:
    -- New Super Mario U
    -- Mario 3D World
    -- Yoshi's Woolly World (seriously one of the most fun games I have ever played)
    -- Funky Barn (bought this for my 6 year old nephew and started playing it when I had a hangover - addictive!!!)
    -- Super Mario Maker (i mean come on, who didnt want to make their own levels when they were younger!)
    -- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    -- Mario Kart 8 (enough said!)
    -- Mario Party 10

I will say that I love my Xbox One but find myself playing the remake games mostly (Resident Evil stuff and 360 stuff like Red Dead Redemption) but if I just want to sit down and play something really fun then I turn to the Wii U every time.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

From what I read above it boils down to Mario & Donkey Kong and if you don't like them then the console is shit .

Have I got that right?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd add Zelda to the mix, probably not far off mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to Brydo666

piggzy (9th September 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    From what I read above it boils down to Mario & Donkey Kong and if you don't like them then the console is shit .

Have I got that right?
    yep, 3rd party support is dire
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My youngest has all the first party games for his wiiu
    and a few others and he realy only uses the game pad to watch
    you tube when his iPads out of charge .

hes addicted to agar.io on his pc atm.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well this is the latest rumour regarding the leak from a Foxcon employee as they as supposedly starting production of the units source

Not long after it was reported that Foxconn Electronics has started trialling Nintendo NX production, it appears that an employee that works for the Taiwanese electronics manufacturer has sketched the separate components that make the dedicated game platform.
    The appearance echoes the rumours that have been reported over the past months, namely around the concept being centred upon a portable console with detachable controllers. The result is a console and handheld hybrid, which separates itself with three parts: a dock; a performance module; and a handheld.
    The dock reportedly contains a hard disk drive, cartridge slot, numerous interfaces, and supports TV output. Whereas the performance module is a portable device that provides a power supply, as well as containing a lithium-ion battery, CPU and GPU elements, and supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and wired connections.
    The handheld is a 6-inch 720p screen with a low thermal design power (TDP) system on a chip (SoC), which lends enough power to perform basic operations with lower quality graphics when the performance module isn’t connected. It can provide “console-level graphics” when the performance module is connected, which is why the module is similarly portable as it has its own battery.
    When docked, the system will act like any other console but will allow the handheld to be designated as the primary display. Interestingly, the sketch references that there is two system on a chip candidates for the console, in either Nvidia’s Tegra chip with Pascal architecture or AMD’s Radeon R9 series.
    As there is now way to confirm the sketch’s legitimacy until Nintendo choose to reveal the console, we’d recommend speculating over this until we learn more concrete information.

Thanks to fanni

piggzy (25th September 2016)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12