Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wii U Final Nintendo NX Design Leaked?

Please note these are all rumours until Nintendo release the details

There has been alot of fake Nintendo NX designs already, with some so clever they were produced using a 3D Printer to make it looking totally real, now we have new one, that is being debated right now, if it is real or not from GuyTheFighter that also tweeted along with the photo showing what looks like a controller device that expands to contain a screen. he also gave a NX release date and yen price for it.

nintendo_nx_design.jpg

Here is a comment from one of the admins at MaxConsole (and source for the original article)

"Sadly, after much discussion with various Nintendo insiders and developers, the photo is basically what the NX will be like when it ships.

The 6.2" touch-screen, has on it two micro-usb ports, one on each side, that is what the left and right halves of the split controller plug into.

On the back, you can't see from this photo, is micro-hdmi port, and charger port, and accessory port (mic/camera), and cartridge slot is little below the back at an angle since the device is very thick, between 14mm to 23mm in thickness like rumored earlier.

When you unplug the two halves of the controller, you can then plug them into each other, directly, like shown on the left bottom part of picture, or with a empty spacer for a more easier to handle controller as shown on the right bottom part of the above leaked photo.

Then the detached 6.2" touch-screen can then be plugged into a docking station for angled viewing, charging, and direct hdmi connection.

Price is right also, around $349 to $379 launch price in the USA, a bit higher in Japan.

Release date is right also."

Personally I think its a very cool idea but not sure if I want another tablet !
    Even on the WiiU i tend to use the Pro Controller where possible but sadly not all games support it!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Final Nintendo NX Design Leaked?

That looks brilliant.

There was a similar android tablet/gamepad type thing a few years ago, but it didn't work as it was too bulky and slow. Hopefully Nintendo will make this work though.

The primary issue in my eyes is that this should cost £150. £300 is far too much.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Wii, I got it, I understood why Nintendo were doing what they were doing and I was so excited about it. The same to a lesser extent with the WiiU but it was clear to why the design was as it was.

This, I have no idea.

Sadly, people are happy stabbing their smartphones with their fat fingers for their gameplay these days, is this a direct result of trying to step into that market while retaining the game console feel?

With Mario on IOS and Pokemon Go having immense success on Android and IOS, where the hell are Nintendo going right now?

Thanks to {{909}}

Ashley (8th September 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This it looks shit, as 909 said its not innovative which Nintendo usually are.

Its a shame as they seem to have lost their way in the last few years, and I can see them going the way of SEGA.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No interest in handheld or mobile gaming. To me this looks like a bag of wank. I wont be purchasing.

As above I thought the Wii was a good idea and although I got bored in a matter of days the rest of the family loved it.
    Cant see anyone being interested in this in my family.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So I take it they will discontinue the ds now
    i can see the idea but , meh a tablet with a stick on controller .
    Wonder if it will run on an arm processor ?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by plug1 View Post
    So I take it they will discontinue the ds now
    i can see the idea but , meh a tablet with a stick on controller .
    Wonder if it will run on an arm processor ?
    I personally cant see them dropping the DS anytime soon, it practically prints money

to me the controller just looks like a posh version of this:
    618MVFv3CAL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Controller-Telescopic-Wireless-Controllers-Android-BTC-938/dp/B01ADD49XM
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If we can Shoehorn Linux on to it, then I'll be able to run it up the flagpole and push the button on that

10 Thanks given to tiggerbiker

Ashley (8th September 2016),  doughboy (10th September 2016),  EvilBoB (8th September 2016),  Ganty (8th September 2016),  moonrat (8th September 2016),  muttleymacclad (8th September 2016),  Mystical_2K (8th September 2016),  plug1 (9th September 2016),  tawny (8th September 2016),  tombott (10th September 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it's nonsense. I'll be surprised if this is what they release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sure I read somwere that the idea was to combine the two Eco systems ,
    the cart instead of the disk will be to help battery life .
    if they have zelda running on both so quick wiiu and nx , but arm would seam the sensible option ..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I'm out if that's what it is. Was hoping for something a bit more special but this looks awful. Will wait for an official Nintendo announcement I think.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't see it. It's like a mechano Wii-U.

Lets hope this rumour is just that and there's no substance to it.

Thanks to Ganty

Bald Bouncer (8th September 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    I can't see it. It's like a mechano Wii-U.

Lets hope this rumour is just that and there's no substance to it.
    Seems to be relying on a guys tweet who has 3,000 followers, not being bitchy but Maxconsole will post any old shit so would wait for a more reliable source.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

tombott (10th September 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lol, just me that likes it then

The pics do look a bit 'manufactured', so i wouldn't be surprised if they're fake.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nintendo have stated that this will co-exist with the DS line (although they said the same thing about the GBA when the DS was announced)

I originally thought this had potential as a bridge between the DS and a home console, something that could play actual 3DS (or whatever the new handheld would be) carts in different modes. A single screen mode and a TV + Tablet mode almost mimicking the 3DS but then its hard to see how they'll differentiate between the systems if they're all so intertwined. It seems nintendo want to connect their key market of the handheld with their flailing market of the home console.

To be honest, predictions about Nintendo consoles have always been miles off the mark, so lets hope the same case applies here, or there's just something we're not getting.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    Nintendo have stated that this will co-exist with the DS line (although they said the same thing about the GBA when the DS was announced)

I originally thought this had potential as a bridge between the DS and a home console, something that could play actual 3DS (or whatever the new handheld would be) carts in different modes. A single screen mode and a TV + Tablet mode almost mimicking the 3DS but then its hard to see how they'll differentiate between the systems if they're all so intertwined. It seems nintendo want to connect their key market of the handheld with their flailing market of the home console.

To be honest, predictions about Nintendo consoles have always been miles off the mark, so lets hope the same case applies here, or there's just something we're not getting.
    Out of Sony, Microsoft And Nintendo it's Nintendo that have always been true innovators and big risk takers, sometimes with success and other times they have failed but they have never played it safe so I would expect far more than this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Out of Sony, Microsoft And Nintendo it's Nintendo that have always been true innovators and big risk takers, sometimes with success and other times they have failed but they have never played it safe so I would expect far more than this.
    I would agree for the most part but thought the WiiU was far from innovative unless I didn't give it chance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I would agree for the most part but thought the WiiU was far from innovative unless I didn't give it chance.
    I love the Wii U - certainly gets more use than the PS4. Nothing truely "innovative" but good non the less.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    I love the Wii U - certainly gets more use than the PS4. Nothing truely "innovative" but good non the less.
    I agree, brilliant console with some great games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    It in console terms pretty much bombed but I think it showed a lot of innovation such as Wii U GamePad, which features an embedded touchscreen don't think that had been tried before and again a lot of the innovation copied or recreated in a different form by both Sony and Microsoft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast