Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Win10 free upgrade (roll back date)

Download the iso direct from Microsoft here> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...d/windows10ISO

1) Extract the iso to a folder using winrar or 7zip
    2) Disconnect your Internet
    3) Roll back your date to before cut off period & reboot. (EG July 1st)
    4) Run .exe inside win10 folder and upgrade)
    5) Once upgrade complete & windows 10 is running, change date back to todays & reboot.
    6) Reconnect the Internet & activate.

I have done this 3 times so far, so unless anything has changed since last week, it should still work.

10 Thanks given to josweet

cyprus (4th October 2016),  Detector (10th September 2016),  Doctor Who (10th September 2016),  ERU (3rd June 2017),  Karoline (26th November 2016),  mc.dodd (25th September 2016),  Over Carl (23rd November 2016),  Rick Sanchez (8th October 2016),  Wario (8th December 2016),  WRATH OF BOD (10th September 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Win10 free upgrade (roll back date)

Can confirm above method still working as of today 4/10/2016

Thanks to josweet

Over Carl (23rd November 2016)  

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll give it ago tomorrow when I upgrade my media centres ready to sell
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks to Rick Sanchez

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is still working. Although I decided to change only the date in windows, after install it automatically picked up the date from the bios as November. No problem though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks to muttleymacclad

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I do wonder if they leave these loopholes open on purpose so they can say they stuck to their word about ending the free upgrades but still have higher adoption rates to collect data and whatever else they are planning. Perhaps they have a plan to end piracy of at least Microsoft products.

I know the assistive upgrade is supposed to be controlled soon but hopefully this method isn't blocked!

Thanks to evilsatan

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still working as of 20/11. Upgraded from Win7 64bit. Worth doing imo, even if u dont plan on keeping it on there, as if you decide to sell it later the buyer will mostly likely want 10 on it.

Thanks to josweet

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still works, it's a life saver, some one laptop had win 7, but so many malware's, and no recovery no backup. Easy to install, erase everything, fresh install (from upgrade option) but issue with the Wi-Fi, no driver for win 10. Fix that job with a WiFi dongle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Wario

Over Carl (8th December 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Brand new gaming build yesterday, & i can confirm this method still works. 2 June 2017

3 Thanks given to josweet

Clownfish (3rd June 2017),  coin-op (3rd June 2017),  DJ OD (3rd June 2017)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you just have to use an old ISO, I'm pretty sure I tried it with the anniversary ISO and it didn't work but may be wrong.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I think you just have to use an old ISO, I'm pretty sure I tried it with the anniversary ISO and it didn't work but may be wrong.

we need to clarify which iso you need for this. I did a fresh copy onto my sons old pc. it went on ok without setting the clock to the past etc etc.
    when installed It said it was a digital copy

my pc says its a digital copy tied to my Microsoft account

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

In my experience, if you are on activated Win 7-8.1 then set the date to Jun 1st 2016, use the 1511 build ISO, upgrade from within windows and it will activate. The anniversary ISO seems to ask for a key during install, you can skip but I'm not sure if it activates. If you've activated windows 10 once then you can clean install the latest build and it will activate as long as you haven't changed a load of hardware like the mobo.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is the procedure i use for a clean free fully activated version of win10

Install Win7 from USB (Usb is a the quickest method) without a network connection & then use the activator to authenticate it with serial
    I disconnect the network to save time, as you dont want win7 to begin installing updates ffs.

After Install, i drag over from a USB device my extracted win10 which i have had since last year. Whilst that is transferring i change the date within Win7 & reboot.
    Next i begin the upgrade making sure you choose the option KEEP YOUR FILES. If you dont select this option the activation will not work as i think this does a fresh install & not an upgrade.
    Yes.. i have done both

Once upgraded to win10 & your sat on your desktop, revert back the date and shut down windows. Now connect your Network and boot into win10, it should now activate.
    Now, the last and final time using your USB device again install a fresh copy of Windows10. To do this Download the Win 10 Media CreationTool.

Once created, boot from the USB device & install. Skip the section where it asks for your serial as win10 will still activate once booted and on a network.

NB>>
    Its doesnt matter where u get your WIn7 from tbh as long as it works. Even if your worried it has malware inbedded it doesnt matter as you'll be formatting the drive before installing a clean version of 10 at the end.

I also install "SpybotAntiBeacon" for added privacy from M/S > https://download.spybot.info/AntiBeacon/StandAlone/SDAntiBeacon-1.6.exe
    More info>
    https://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=58

@
    evilsatan, without installing the win10 iso, where will i be able to see the build version within the .iso ?
    Last edited by josweet; 4th June 2017 at 01:46 PM.

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by josweet View Post

Install Win7 from USB (Usb is a the quickest method) without a network connection & then use the activator to authenticate it with serial
    I disconnect the network to save time, as you dont want win7 to begin installing updates ffs.

After Install, i drag over from a USB device my extracted win10 which i have had since last year. Whilst that is transferring i change the date within Win7 & reboot.
    Next i begin the upgrade making sure you choose the option KEEP YOUR FILES. If you dont select this option the activation will not work as i think this does a fresh install & not an upgrade.
    Yes.. i have done both

Once upgraded to win10 & your sat on your desktop, revert back the date and shut down windows. Now connect your Network and boot into win10, it should now activate.
    Now, the last and final time using your USB device again install a fresh copy of Windows10. To do this Download the Win 10 Media CreationTool.

Once created, boot from the USB device & install. Skip the section where it asks for your serial as win10 will still activate once booted and on a network.

NB>>
    Its doesnt matter where u get your WIn7 from tbh as long as it works. Even if your worried it has malware inbedded it doesnt matter as you'll be formatting the drive before installing a clean version of 10 at the end.

I also install "SpybotAntiBeacon" for added privacy from M/S > https://download.spybot.info/AntiBeacon/StandAlone/SDAntiBeacon-1.6.exe
    More info>

@
    evilsatan, without installing the win10 iso, where will i be able to see the build version within the .iso ?
    Does SpybotAntiBeacon work after the latest win 10 upgrade?

Cheapreefer on instagram

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by josweet View Post

Yes.. i have done both

NB>>

More info>

@
    I often select to keep nothing and my activation works fine but this is using the 1105 build.

As for working out the build, can you try this?
    http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-see-w...file-contains/

Thanks
    Karma Level

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by plug1 View Post
    I was under the impression they stopped that and you had to apply for the assistive upgrade, that's when the date rollback was published :/ I see that link seems to download an exe so perhaps they allowed open downloads again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i don't know mate its worked for me loads, even on patched win7 , but you need sp1 .