Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default So it looks like Big sam is gone

What a absolute shower the press and the fa really are. I have watched this edited video. He never once agreed to ANYTHING. He even made reference to the fact that he would have to run anything by his current employers. As far as I saw he was stating that 3rd party ownership was/is still alive and kicking...and then went onto detail how people get round it....Not at any point did he say he could/would or ever had done it. Classic press stitch up and classic FA over reaction...Who the hell of any standing would even want this job ?
    The Guardian says he has gone...on twitter sky say he has offered to resign rather than be sacked.
    edit yep he's gone.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: So it looks like Big sam is gone

Yes m8 but he is no England manager for me, glad to get rid ???

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What a numbty.
    3 million a year job

dickhead

3 Thanks given to Mickey

AD (27th September 2016),  cromwell (27th September 2016),  ilscuro (27th September 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Same rubbish managers just moving around lol and most get big pay offs ???? Moyes next lol yes I know he is not English lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gotta be the most successful England manager ever? 100% win rate?

Absolutely ridiculous though - have the press really got nothing better to do?

Thanks to flumperino

Ganty (27th September 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    What a absolute shower the press and the fa really are. I have watched this edited video. He never once agreed to ANYTHING. He even made reference to the fact that he would have to run anything by his current employers. As far as I saw he was stating that 3rd party ownership was/is still alive and kicking...and then went onto detail how people get round it....Not at any point did he say he could/would or ever had done it. Classic press stitch up and classic FA over reaction...Who the hell of any standing would even want this job ?
    The Guardian says he has gone...on twitter sky say he has offered to resign rather than be sacked.
    edit yep he's gone.
    Why has he resigned then?

I like big Sam but if as you say he's done nothing wrong then he should have stayed and fought against it surely?

I know one thing it's a fucking big embarrassment, who gets the job next? nobody in their right mind would want it.

Mike Bassett has a chance at this rate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Why has he resigned then?

I like big Sam but if as you say he's done nothing wrong then he should have stayed and fought against it surely?

I know one thing it's a fucking big embarrassment, who gets the job next? nobody in their right mind would want it.

Mike Bassett has a chance at this rate.
    Well without the benefit of being in the room at the FA today - I am guessing that the FA did their usual, throw manager to the wolves with a refusal to back him and probably asking/telling him to go. The FA have a history of this as far back as I can remember. They "could" have backed him and came out and said we have advised the manager of his obligations and responsibilities blah blah blah - Sam is helping us with our enquiries as to who if anyone he believes have used these systems to circumnavigate the clear rules set out by the FA - easy and im not Alistair bloody campbell lol. But think back Venables, Sven, Fabio, Hoddle.....They are just the recent examples of the English FA saying "just go" quickly followed by "it was nothing to do with us".
    Im not a Big sam fan by the way - But I do think this is shameful all round by the press and the fa.....If they have any evidence of skullduggary then they should get it out in the open without a stupid bloody sting that set up a man who had no intention of doing the things talked about as he basically told them - "I will have to inform/run it by my employers"...Nobody has even said that he has done this before or has even implied that he would do so in the future....It is essentially a non story but with heavy hints at "real" names actually doing this stuff.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not many people are seeing it like that though, more that he's a greedy bastard that got caught out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can't have the manager of the national team, telling business men how to break his own employers rules and regulations.

If I employed someone who had such a high profile role and they told people how to bypass my systems I'd fuck them off right away.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Social Networking Bookmarks