Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default How to Install the Unsupported App Store on PLEX (how to add channels)

So far I've just been using PLEX "internally". My PC has PLEX server installed along with the movies and series I download. I watch these via Chromecast on the main TV in the living room. I knew there was a lot more you could do with PLEX but never really bothered to until now.

Anyway, for people in a similar situation, here's the information you need to know so you can add channels on PLEX.

If you click the link it goes on to show you the best 20 channels to add (in their opinion). Things like Ice Films, Film On, etc...

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/unoffic...s-install-now/

How to Install the Unsupported App Store

You cannot install the Unofficial App Store via the Plex Media Server itself. Instead, you need to do it manually.

The old method simply required you to download a zip file and put it into Plex’s plugins folder. However, a new version of the App Store was released in early 2016, and the installation method is now slightly more complicated.

First, download the WebTools plugin from GitHub. You need the file titled “WebTools.bundle.zip”. Once the download is complete, extract the file and ensure the extracted directory is called WebTools.bundle.

Now move the file into your Plex plugin folder. It can be found at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\ on Windows and ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/ on a Mac.

The new version of the Unsupported App Store is contained within this plugin. To access it, enter your Plex Media Server’s IP address followed by :33400, log in using your Plex credentials, and click on Unsupported App Store under Available Modules.

From the resulting screen, you can search for channels by name or category. Add the channels by clicking on Install under the channel name.

5 Thanks given to cyprus

beerman (3rd October 2016),  evilsatan (7th October 2016),  I Black Belt (3rd October 2016),  piggzy (3rd October 2016),  Roty (31st October 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How to Install the Unsupported App Store on PLEX (how to add channels)

Also installed this a couple of weeks back. Does add a few nice channels and other features.

Nice tutorial.. Thanks

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How to Install the Unsupported App Store on PLEX (how to add channels)

If you are using Trakt, you still need to do it manually. UAS integration has not sorted yet as far as I'm aware.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Also installed this a couple of weeks back. Does add a few nice channels and other features.

Nice tutorial.. Thanks
    Been using this for ages. Used to have loads of plugins in my Plex both "official" and from the Unsupported app store. Not really bothered with it too much lately. Some of the Kodi plugins would be nice on Plex though.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Now how do you get it to work on a Synology Plex Install , Channel is not Responding

EDIT : https://github.com/ukdtom/WTInstaller/releases/tag/1.2
    Last edited by c0axial; 7th October 2016 at 12:21 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've tried to set this up previously but could never login to my webtools, i eventually gave up in frustration.

Been trying again since yesterday with no joy, despite much research, so i give up again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    I've tried to set this up previously but could never login to my webtools, i eventually gave up in frustration.

Been trying again since yesterday with no joy, despite much research, so i give up again.

You log in using your Plex account details.. is that what you tried ??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post

Make sure you are using the IP address that's assigned to your PC, not the "local" address that PLEX defaults to (127.0.0.1)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    You log in using your Plex account details.. is that what you tried ??
    I never get the option to sign in, just the webtools page.

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
    Make sure you are using the IP address that's assigned to your PC, not the "local" address that PLEX defaults to (127.0.0.1)
    Tried that before mate no joy, like i said i never got it to work last time so gave up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mine was a ballache too, got it to work via the https address finally

Https:/localip:33442