Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Xbox One S versus PS4

BT Fibre here too - 80/20 - will have a see next time I download a game.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    I've never had a problem with downloads on XB1. My PS4 seems slower to download in all honesty. It may be down to peering. I know for example that BT have had a deal in place for XBox servers so maybe on BT it is quicker.... Occasionally it's slow but it's never really bothered me. I'm on the 76mbit BT fibre package and it tears along downloading. Can't remember the last game I downloaded on the PS4 but I remember it taking most of an evening.
    Yeah Also BT so does seem a bit of a trend with XBOX speedy downloads ;-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

After my earlier post on here about no decent games on the Xbox, well Battlefield 1 is amazing and really enjoying Gears of War 4

Oh and I bought an Xbox One S and sold my old one to a friend

Thanks to Robbo

piggzy (14th October 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Came up last night saying it had to download an update for a game of 895MB so after what peeps have been finding above I thought I would time it.

Took 76 seconds to download and I suppose as it was an update there was no installation. So based on that a sizeable game should clock in at under an hour still. Seems fine to me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Came up last night saying it had to download an update for a game of 895MB so after what peeps have been finding above I thought I would time it.

Took 76 seconds to download and I suppose as it was an update there was no installation. So based on that a sizeable game should clock in at under an hour still. Seems fine to me.
    It's been a while since I paid attention but this was one of the big differences. PS3 used to download the game and THEN install it. XBox would download and there would be no"installation" part which made things a bit quicker. Can't remember if this is the same with this generation. Basically if I want to go to the shop to buy a game it will take me an hour all in. If it takes an hour to download then that's great. If it takes a bit longer I'm also not fussed as I haven't got to waste the best part of an hour behind the wheel to get into Milton Keynes!

If it took 12 hours or more then I would be annoyed.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    It's been a while since I paid attention but this was one of the big differences. PS3 used to download the game and THEN install it. XBox would download and there would be no"installation" part which made things a bit quicker. Can't remember if this is the same with this generation. Basically if I want to go to the shop to buy a game it will take me an hour all in. If it takes an hour to download then that's great. If it takes a bit longer I'm also not fussed as I haven't got to waste the best part of an hour behind the wheel to get into Milton Keynes!

If it took 12 hours or more then I would be annoyed.
    Yeah I never had a slow download like 12 hours on my box all been quite rapid ;-) I have noticed tho if you downloading more than 1 game it flips between them for some reason and I have to force it back to the one I want most urgent lol.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Mine took around 2 hours to download gears 4. I preloaded mine and a friend who downloaded on the day it was released got around 7mb/s on his 100mb connection.

That "ready to play" thing it does with installs is bullshit. It should just say "ready to load the games menu". So many games I have installed, it said ready to play and then I go into the game and I still can't play it.

Thanks to beerman

Bald Bouncer (14th October 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    That "ready to play" thing it does with installs is bullshit. It should just say "ready to load the games menu". So many games I have installed, it said ready to play and then I go into the game and I still can't play it.
    Yeah it's bullshit, I noticed the games (some) are now installing a loading demo style level so when it says "Ready to play" you get to play a demo of sorts which disappears when it is fully downloaded. I'd rather they didn't bother wasting time and bandwidth with that bollox.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah it's bullshit, I noticed the games (some) are now installing a loading demo style level so when it says "Ready to play" you get to play a demo of sorts which disappears when it is fully downloaded. I'd rather they didn't bother wasting time and bandwidth with that bollox.
    Yeah same as but usually its a multi-player map anyhow so will have to download it anyhow at some point ;-)

Thanks to akimba

piggzy (17th October 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Mine took around 2 hours to download gears 4. I preloaded mine and a friend who downloaded on the day it was released got around 7mb/s on his 100mb connection.

It's odd, Steam have been doing this for years - the download/install is perfect. One progress bar then you can jump straight in. Servers are rock steady too.

As for OP, I don't have the xbox one, mostly because of the exclusives I normally favour Sony's offering. However, so far this generation there has been only one game that has seemed worthwhile, that being uncharted 4 (which, if we're honest, is a really really pretty uncharted 3).

I seem to prefer the smaller indie developments nowadays, so for that PC will always come out on top.

Thanks to Ganty

Bilbo_baggin (17th October 2016)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12