Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1
    DF Moderator piggzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,163
    Thanks
    2,683
    Thanked:        1,391
    Karma Level
    253

    Default Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Moved to east coast a while back and notice everybody round here calls all supermarkets names as though they are referring to more than one.

    eg.. Lidls, Aldis, Tescos, Asdas.

    No it's fucking not. It is Lidl, Aldi, Tesco & Asda.... ok you can get away with Morrisons and Sainsburys because that is how they are spelt ffs

    Stop adding an 'S' for no cunting reason.

    Also visited family over Bristol/Bath way and they do the fucking same, actually even worse .. they calls Asda Asdals

    I know its petty but when you here it again and again and again it really fucks you off.

    Also to finish my rant, the cunts round here don't know the difference between Bought and Brought.

    Thanks to piggzy

    flumperino (11th October 2016) 


  2. #2
    DF PlaYa MHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Clock End
    Posts
    533
    Thanks
    356
    Thanked:        316
    Karma Level
    94

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Okay, so if your going round your mates house and he happens to be called John are you going to John's or going to John?

  3. #3
    DF PwNagE flumperino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Isle of flumps
    Posts
    9,565
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked:        643
    Karma Level
    852

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Agreed. Annoying!

    Thanks to flumperino

    piggzy (11th October 2016) 


  4. #4
    DF VIP Member
    ilscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    4,488
    Thanks
    1,332
    Thanked:        1,118
    Karma Level
    515

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    I think piggzy's had a bad day today

    Thanks to ilscuro

    piggzy (11th October 2016) 


  5. #5
    DF Moderator piggzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,163
    Thanks
    2,683
    Thanked:        1,391
    Karma Level
    253

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    I think piggzy's had a bad day today

    Piggzy you cunt :-) Unless you saw me twice or saw something of mine ;-)

    Thanks to piggzy

    ilscuro (11th October 2016) 


  6. #6
    DF VIP Member
    beansontoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Korova
    Posts
    5,312
    Thanks
    685
    Thanked:        576
    Karma Level
    635

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Matalans man, matalans - you fuckin knows it...
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

    Thanks to beansontoast

    piggzy (11th October 2016) 


  7. #7
    DF Moderator piggzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,163
    Thanks
    2,683
    Thanked:        1,391
    Karma Level
    253

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Bollock Chops the lot of ya

  8. #8
    DF VIP Member
    tombott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    5,683
    Thanks
    504
    Thanked:        555
    Karma Level
    709

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    This drives me mad as well.

    Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

    Thanks to tombott

    piggzy (12th October 2016) 


  9. #9
    DF Jedi CallmeGoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    3,464
    Thanks
    2,491
    Thanked:        1,215
    Karma Level
    317

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    wouldnt fucking know, im a posh cunt and shop in Waitroses and M&Ss.....

    3 Thanks given to CallmeGoose

    ilscuro (13th October 2016), JonEp (12th October 2016), piggzy (12th October 2016) 


  10. #10
    DF Moderator piggzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,163
    Thanks
    2,683
    Thanked:        1,391
    Karma Level
    253

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    wouldnt fucking know, im a posh cunt and shop in Waitroses and M&Ss.....
    Your profile says Norwich.... aint no posh cunts in Norwich... just cunts !

    2 Thanks given to piggzy

    akimba (14th October 2016), CallmeGoose (13th October 2016) 


  11. #11
    DF VIP Member
    Lou_smorals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,304
    Thanks
    739
    Thanked:        592
    Karma Level
    401

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Yes we are, we all posh in naaaarwich
    Last edited by Lou_smorals; 13th October 2016 at 04:49 PM.
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

    2 Thanks given to Lou_smorals

    CallmeGoose (13th October 2016), piggzy (12th October 2016) 


  12. #12
    DF Admin maltloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Hereford, Here
    Posts
    16,019
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked:        1,245
    Karma Level
    1354

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    You're correct with most of them but I have to disagree with Asda. Asda stands for Associated Dairies so Asda's or Associated Dairies' would be perfectly acceptable imho.
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Pro 4 i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    Samsung S8 plus
    iPhone 7 plus 128GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB

    Thanks to maltloaf

    piggzy (12th October 2016) 


  13. #13
    DF Moderator piggzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,163
    Thanks
    2,683
    Thanked:        1,391
    Karma Level
    253

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou_smorals View Post
    Yes we are, we all posh is naaaarwich

    I know someone from naaaaaarwich who calls washing up liquid.... and I quote.... "fairy up liquirt"

  14. #14
    DF Moderator piggzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,163
    Thanks
    2,683
    Thanked:        1,391
    Karma Level
    253

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    You're correct with most of them but I have to disagree with Asda. Asda stands for Associated Dairies so Asda's or Associated Dairies' would be perfectly acceptable imho.

    Yes that is what it stands for but they have chosen to call themselves Asda as a name in it's own right. Hence asda.com !!!! not asdas.com . Therefore I am correct ;-)

  15. #15
    DF Admin maltloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Hereford, Here
    Posts
    16,019
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked:        1,245
    Karma Level
    1354

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    I respect your opinion but you're wrong. It's Asda's as in the store that belongs to ASsociated DAiries. Your name isn't piggzy but you have chosen to make your username as in the name that everyone knows you have 'piggzy'. Is the post above piggzy's or is it piggzy ?
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Pro 4 i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    Samsung S8 plus
    iPhone 7 plus 128GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB

  16. #16
    DF Jedi funkyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Altrincham
    Posts
    3,352
    Thanks
    248
    Thanked:        183
    Karma Level
    414

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Another one for Asda, is everyone round here calls it 'the Asda'. Only with Asda though, it's not the Tesco or the Morrisons, just the Asda.

  17. #17
    DF Moderator piggzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,163
    Thanks
    2,683
    Thanked:        1,391
    Karma Level
    253

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    I respect your opinion but you're wrong. It's Asda's as in the store that belongs to ASsociated DAiries. Your name isn't piggzy but you have chosen to make your username as in the name that everyone knows you have 'piggzy'. Is the post above piggzy's or is it piggzy ?

    As you clearly pointed out they use the first two letters from each word... ASDA ;-) You didn't capitalise any 'S's in your post ...

    Nobody is referring to something that belongs to Asda (or Piggzy) as you just inferred !!!!

  18. #18
    DF Admin maltloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Hereford, Here
    Posts
    16,019
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked:        1,245
    Karma Level
    1354

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    But if it's the name they have decided they want to be known as then surely it fits. Exactly as per Piggzy or maltloaf or whatever.

    As another example, my mate Chris is known to everyone as Ted. In fact most people that know him actually have no idea that his name is Chris - a bit like no one knows that Asda is actually called Associated Dairies.

    Ted rides a Harley. Is it Chris' Harley ? It can't possibly be Ted's Harley as that's not his name (assumed, common or otherwise), so is it therefore Ted Harley ? (As per "Asda Store")

    No of course not. It's Ted's Harley, and our Ted would come after you with a bike chain (and share a cider with you afterwards) to prove the fact.
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Pro 4 i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    Samsung S8 plus
    iPhone 7 plus 128GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB

  19. #19
    DF VIP Member
    ilscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    4,488
    Thanks
    1,332
    Thanked:        1,118
    Karma Level
    515

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    Do the yanks call it Wallmart's?

  20. #20
    DF Super Moderator DJ Overdose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    On da decks.
    Posts
    9,903
    Thanks
    942
    Thanked:        2,124
    Karma Level
    1126

    Default Re: Making supermarkets names plurals for no reason.

    They might if it was short for Waldo Martins... There was a kid on IRC who worked for Asda and he kept on about me saying it was Asdas. In the end I think I said to him 'Shut the cunting fuck up, I'll call the stinking doss-house what I like'.


    DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [NEW] Why i hate supermarkets!
    By greens117 in forum The Whine Cellar
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 8th November 2010, 01:12 AM
  2. UK supermarkets set for shake-up
    By 4me2 in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15th February 2008, 11:09 PM
  3. How Supermarkets rip you off
    By flumperino in forum The Dog and Duck
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18th March 2007, 11:33 PM
  4. Supermarkets
    By The Colonel in forum Nintendo Consoles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8th December 2006, 07:17 AM
  5. Dodgy Car Supermarkets
    By Tsigalkobot in forum Cars
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31st December 2003, 01:41 AM

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •