Best Kodi build at the moment?

Thread: Best Kodi build at the moment?

  1. Roty's Avatar

    Roty said:

    Default Best Kodi build at the moment?

    I'm going to dust off my Amazon Fire box and install Kodi and was wondering what the best build is nowadays??

    Anyone tried nemesis, what's your opinions on these builds.

    What should I opt for?
     
  2. evilsatan's Avatar

    evilsatan said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Again and again I was told that doing it yourself was best as it avoids bloaty installs but the lazy person in me kept using the Beast build as it was recommended on here. Having had a few weeks downtime I revisited some projects to keep my sanity and one was to set up my own stick from scratch which it turns out is pretty quick to do! Basically add the TV-Addons repo to the stick then lookup on their site which add-ons are the best and install from their repo. I don't really stream so am not the best person to ask but I ended up installing Navi-X (apparently this can be awesome), Phoenix, SALTS, Exodus, SportsDevil and some more.

    I then used the Aeon Nox skin and using the skin settings was able to customise my menus and sub-menus to launch these add-ons.

     
  3. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    I currently use a build called Royalist, it's slimmed down and not bloated.

    I like the idea of what evil Satan has done, but this build just has them addons basically.
     
  4. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Ive gone to my own build now, nothing bloated and only the things I need.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  5. Copex's Avatar

    Copex said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    ares wizard - orroo build
     
  6. Bobby Bouché's Avatar

    Bobby Bouché said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Ive gone to my own build now, nothing bloated and only the things I need.
    Same as Mickey. Do your own is often the best way.I do use Ares Wizard though to add one or two addons as it's quick.
     
  7. lombie's Avatar

    lombie said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    I'm pretty new to this. Only just discovered it in the last month but been using Wookie and think it's excellent.

    However, seeing as no-one else has recommended it, I assume i've alot to learn and discover.
     
  8. iNSPECTA's Avatar

    iNSPECTA said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    I use paradox, regularly updated, pretty tidy with lots of little extras should you want to install or use them.
    If I was building my own all I'd install is salts, release hub, playlist loader and zem tv. Paired with a real debrid account can't be beaten imo
     
  9. SiE's Avatar

    SiE said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Pulse CCM on the fire tv box is brilliant. You can install it through Ares.
     
  10. raelmadrid's Avatar

    raelmadrid said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    run clean nightly and add/remove plugins as they come up/are discontinued.
     
  11. Bald Bouncer's Avatar

    Bald Bouncer said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Quote Originally Posted by SiE View Post
    Pulse CCM on the fire tv box is brilliant. You can install it through Ares.
    Agreed it's what I am using atm, I have swapped and changed a few times but I have found builds I have liked seem to change, get bloated or unreliable after a while so change.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    For All The Latest Console News, Views & Reviews
    He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither - Benjamin Franklin


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  12. maltloaf's Avatar

    maltloaf said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    I have had the same build on my htpc forever. Black or something I think it was called which has a billion sections in most of which I've never even opened. I only use two plugins. SALTS and easynews search (which streams straight from my usenet provider). Used to use genesis a fair bit but it doesn't seem to work properly anymore.

    I wouldn't mind a minimal build with those and maybe a couple of others but I'm scared of breaking what I have because the missus is capable of driving it as it is and that's a rarity for tech.

    What's the best way/repo of getting what I need easily ? Couldn't do without the two addons mentioned above...
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Pro 4 i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    Samsung S8 plus
    iPhone 7 plus 128GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB
     
  13. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    I have had the same build on my htpc forever. Black or something I think it was called which has a billion sections in most of which I've never even opened. I only use two plugins. SALTS and easynews search (which streams straight from my usenet provider). Used to use genesis a fair bit but it doesn't seem to work properly anymore.

    I wouldn't mind a minimal build with those and maybe a couple of others but I'm scared of breaking what I have because the missus is capable of driving it as it is and that's a rarity for tech.

    What's the best way/repo of getting what I need easily ? Couldn't do without the two addons mentioned above...

    salts uses this repo
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    info here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  14. pratman's Avatar

    pratman said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    i have ares beast build on, but to be honest i kinda gave up on live streams because i struggled so movies and tv shows are great and thats what i run so may switch away from beast which is very sport based
     
  15. Delboy_1976's Avatar

    Delboy_1976 said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    I have had the same build on my htpc forever. Black or something I think it was called which has a billion sections in most of which I've never even opened. I only use two plugins. SALTS and easynews search (which streams straight from my usenet provider). Used to use genesis a fair bit but it doesn't seem to work properly anymore.

    I wouldn't mind a minimal build with those and maybe a couple of others but I'm scared of breaking what I have because the missus is capable of driving it as it is and that's a rarity for tech.

    What's the best way/repo of getting what I need easily ? Couldn't do without the two addons mentioned above...
    Last I heard Genesis came to an end and was superseded by Exodus which I think was created by the same bloke.
     
  16. Roty's Avatar

    Roty said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    I've put Specto on, which is the same as Genesis and works so far.😊
     
  17. emu's Avatar

    emu said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Guys try out syktv it's in Ares but you can also get from here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. The app is great for android and PC and you will find it under community builds .Also if you on android in android apps in a stream the green live TV app is amazing for hd sports .It's got all of them
     
  18. emu's Avatar

    emu said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Heres the apk
     
  19. DaveTheRave's Avatar

    DaveTheRave said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Iv tried many builds but find it works best when u just install the builds you need on a clean install .
     
  20. crazyal's Avatar

    crazyal said:

    Default Re: Best Kodi build at the moment?

    Keep it mean and lean - don't bother with Kodi Builds just put the add-ons/repos on that you need - Exodus, Silent Hunter (4K stuff) and SALTS for me.

    Configured Exodus to download straight to USB Stick, so we have plenty of Xmas films for when we are abroad next week.