Hi,

My Son is studying A Level Music and is also an avid musician (he plays and sings with a gigging band). Every Xmas gone by I'll admit we have totally spoiled our kids, and they have got more or less whatever they wanted, within reason. However, I've been lifelong self employed and never struggled like I have these past few years, thus we are now really having to reign things in.

Recently, my Son keeps dropping "non subtle" Xmas present hints that he could really do with a Macbook Pro to use "Logic X Pro" for his music studies and for his next step University (hopefully). I know nothing about Macs having only used them briefly nie on 30 years since (I also know nothing about Music production to boot, which doesn't help).

My questions:
1) I know he would like a new or near new version of the hardware. Alas, this isn't going to happen unless things turn around swiftly. So, one option is an older Macbook Pro. Is there a minimum spec that you would recommend to run this software, as I know absolutely zero about the specs, speeds, OS`, etc?

2) Is he "swinging the lead" that he will really benefit from this? I have discussed him getting a PC based equivalent software and he is adamant he has tried almost everything and it doesn't compare!

THANKS